Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Novella: The Lord of the Oval (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: LMB Novella: The Lord of the Oval
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World

There was joy and there was happiness; there was cheering and there was dancing; tears rolled down cheeks and laughs roared from deep in sentiments bellies. But most of all, there was a sense of relief. Closure. At long last, the LMB returned home and the war was over.

With the knowledge that the heroes were arriving shortly, the citizens of Legion World had thrown them a parade. At the end of the route stood the Legionnaires who remained on world to defend their home, led by Fanfic Lady. They were beaming.

The LMB's allies had since departed so all that remained now were Legionnaires, including those who would shortly be inducted like Kinetix and Angdar Fel. They were overwhelmed by the welcome. At home they at last stopped feeling like soldiers; once more they were purely heroes.

Rockhopper Lad led them and in that moment, he was at his most regal. By his sides were Power Boy and Invisible Brainiac, two who shown incredible leadership which would not be forgotten. Blaze flanked IB and Jerry, whose quiet yet pivotal role also would forever remain memorable, was behind Power Boy. Close behind Rockhopper Lad, as always, marched his loyal friends, Time Teller Lad and Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle.

Flying high in the sky were Abin Quank and Space Ranger. Behind them, on a platform created by Kid Prime, were the Legion World Founders. Most of the LMBers choose to march on foot; foremost among them was Shark Lad and Lolita, whose place in the Fellowship would forever be part of LMB lore. Also among them was Faraway Lad, restored and as noble as ever. Nearby, as magnificent as ever was Tempest, who despite feeling the ever preset sense of an outsider walked poised as a goddess.

Marching content with their brethren, secure in their place among them were two others: Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid. As a purposeful show of unity, the Legionnaires had chosen Lardy to carry the LMB flag in the procession. The honor gave him a strength too deep for words. Cobalt Kid also carried a specific banner: a tribute to the fallen hero Dev Em, whose monitor symbol shined brilliantly for the crowd to see. Cobalt was solemn, content to provide this tribute to his fallen friend, the most valiant of them all.

They had achieved the impossible. They had sacrificed the unthinkable. They were heroes. They were Legion.

THE END

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Epilogue 1

Sure enough, Cobalt Kid was true to his word. As soon as things settled down, he took a small team of LMBers to search for Goon Boy. And as he feared, he turned up nothing even with the help of Invisible Brainiac and Power Boy.

Unknown to them, Goon Boy did not know he was the reason for multi-planet search. In fact, Goon Boy was happier than he ever had been. Because he was reunited with the one he loved more than any other, his Princess--who was now a Queen.

She had restored his memory, though so much made no sense. Such as how his friends had betrayed him and how their evil ways killed millions.

All he knew was she hated them more than anything, and she slowly planned for her revenge. And he knew he loved her more than anything...and would fight by her side.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 2

“Admiral Darios! We have another situation!”
A large cranky Hykraisian in the command chair of a UP battle wagon turned his head.

-

His stoic glare steeled the excited young UP officer. “Report.”

The young officer made his statement “Earth. Starburst Bandits.”

The Hykrasian’s temper was well-known. “Fraking Starburst Bandits! Every nasshead pirate comes out of the seaweed when the universe is on the brink of collapse at the back end of the Dark Oval War! parasites.” He muttered through his carbonated voice.

Then to himself, Darios whispered “who’s over at Legion World now?”

The timid UP officer piped in awkwardly “well … ALL of them … sir.”

“HA! All of them he says. Get me Power Boy then. We’ll need some muscle to deal with those flaming bandits. Their blasters can take out Daxamites.” Darious smiled as the young officer hailed the LMB.

The LMB was back. Finally, Darios might get some rest.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Earth

-

The Legion of Message Board Posters descended from the sky. The sun was at their backs. The Starburst Bandits had no idea what hit them.

-

[ November 11, 2012, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 3

"So, how does it feel to really, truly and officially be a part of the team?"

"Hmph! First, I was already a real Legionnaire when we were on Weber's World...and second, pretending that you were kidnapped by Space Amazons who wanted to give you to their queen was NOT funny!"

"Aww... but you looked so cute... and you were so sweet about leading the charge to rescue me."

Invisible Brainiac and Blaze paused as they entered the banquet hall. This was the greatest feast ever in LMB history, and even many retired Legionnaires were in attendance, visiting their old friends before heading back out into space.

Blaze clicked his tongue. "I should have left you there all tied up, to punish you!"

"Hey, I'm sorry," IB said as he steered Blaze to the front of the hall. A holographic sculpture flashed the symbols of each and every single LMBer. "I just wanted to give you the full ritual... you know, since you're truly one of us. And one with me."

"Awww.... You know I can't stay mad at you when you take that tone, my little baby." Blaze reached out to caress IB's cheek. "Hey, why are you still wearing your inhibitor earring? I thought you didn't need it anymore."

"I'm not wearing it," IB smiled. "Look closer."

Blaze did, and he gasped. Hands trembling, he unfastened the ring from IB's ear as IB tried hard not to giggle at the tickling sensation. Blaze ignored the laughing as he stared in shock at the ring.

"Don't scare me with your speechlessness like that, baby," IB whispered as he gently took the ring from Blaze.

Then he knelt down in front of the love of his life and said, voice filled with emotion...

"Blaze, will you marry me?"

The cheers that erupted when Blaze said yes brought one and all to a standing ovation.

[ November 18, 2012, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Epilogue 4

CJ Taylor, the LMBer known as Enigma, enjoyed a hearty pint of Legionnopolis Lager, a beverage he had missed quite a bit during the War. One either side were his pals, Raging Bull and Director Lad, and the three of them toasted one another as part of the ongoing celebrations.

"You know, pal," said Raging Bull finally, "I got to say...I had a heck of a hard time figurin' out what was going on with you. You mean to tell me you had zero connection with Lard Lad and Eryk Davis Ester all this time? That it's just some plan you an' Cobie an' EDE came up with?"

CJ laughed quietly under his breath. "Pretty much," he replied, taking another sip.

They were quiet for a minute and then suddenly Director Lad spoke. "So hold on a minute, then," said Director Lad. "If you're not really a Taylor, and all the things we thought might be true definitely aren't...then who the heck are you, bud?" Director Lad was smiling as he said it, but he was serious. "You've got to have a story there, right? Where did you come from?"

CJ Taylor smiled a grin that was mischievous and wicked. He would tell no secrets tonight—that was a tale for another day.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 5

Gear stood silently as the pod slid into the cell he had helped construct.

"So, you're sure this will hold him?"

"Yes Warden, this will hold him. Even if the brain signs are real and not just some fluke. Even if he were to get out of the pod, the cell is near impossible for even a full powered Daxamite to break out of and the red sun neck and wrist guards insure that he will never break free of that."

The Warden nodded. "thank you for all your help. I'm not sure if we could have held such a dangerous criminal. From all accounts, he's even stronger than the Daxamites in our universe."

"By a small margin, but yes. Don't worry though, I'll be back to check on him on a regualr basis."

"Thanks again."

Gear turned and worked his way towards the ship that the Legion had loaned him.

Upon reaching the hanger he smiled a little as he boarded the ship and set course for Daroon. "Time to go home and help them rebuild..."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 6

Timberwolf sat alone in a darkened room. He had returned his brothers body to his family.

The Queen, his sister-in-Law had reacted in the exact opposite way that he had expected. She had cried, which was to be expected, but she also had hugged him and told him that she did not blame him.

They had held a private funeral for family and a ceremony for the populace that wanted to celebrate the man that had saved them from total destruction. Loser Lad had joined them for the ceremonies as he was also part of the group that had so staunchly defended Daroon.

That was all said and done now. He and Kalla were leaving in the morning for her, and his new, home.
His mind kept drifting back to a conversation that he had had with Hrun before they had left Weber's World. Hrun had said "I tell you lad, your brother saved thousands of us that day. When he delivered the mindless beast that killed so many of my men, he did something. Some sort of sonic whistle or sound that attracted those ghouls from all over the ship. If he hadn't done that, he may have indeed lived...but most, if not all, of us wouldn't have. Your brother saved us all...and it cost him everything."

Grife brother, even in certain death, you were the hero. I run into situations that others don't want to all the time...but you did it for totally different reasons. I think that it might be time to rethink my life, and a new setting for it is a great pplace to start.

He shut his eyes and stood. Breathed deeply and walked to the door. Opening it, he found that it was mid-day and there was light pouring through the windows. A smile formed on his face as he saw Kalla, standing, looking outside at the landscape that was slowly starting to be redesigned after all of the carnage that had happened what seemed like a lifetime ago.

"Hey beautiful," he said softly.

She turned and the light shone all around her. "Hey yourself Fuzzy. Finally decided to rejoin the land of the living?"

He lifted an eyebrow at that.

"You've been in there for two days Lon. Everyone is worried about you, even your father. I told them that you were fine, and just needed some time."

"I know what I need," he said walking towards her. "I need to start building a new life."

She grinned and threw her arms around his neck. "I know just the place."

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 7

"They sure seem like a lot of fun," Blaze told IB as they hung up. The "they" were Red Arrow and Question Lad, who had gone on ahead to Raltvee.

"They are, and Raltvee is," IB smiled as he stuffed his shirts into his backpack. "You know, I have half a mind to go naked the whole time and just project an illusion of clothes... I'm kinda lazy to lug all these clothes around."

"I wouldn't mind so much..." Blaze winked. "We could also bring Kinetix along, so she can fix our clothes every day for us."

"I know you don't really mean that," IB teased. "You'd get too jealous. Besides, she's having too much fun learning the LMB basics - which you crammed into the past week. You're just wonderful."

"Not as much as you," Blaze gushed. "Kairos, Angdar and Marvin are enjoying themselves just as much, I think?"

"And Spelling Bee too, despite her "remedial" training. But we don't call it that. She's just lucky her experience was deemed enough to earn her a spot as a probationary LMBer." IB mused.

"Our exes will be hanging around too, huh? Nurse Tina's set up shop in the clinic, and Danger Damsel's the newest Officer of Security."

"Yeah good for them. But let's focus on the future now, okay?" IB said as he slid up close to Blaze. "Now come on, we made a big show of announcing our engagement - we'd better scoot now. You ready?"

At Blaze's nod, IB turned the both of them into light and zipped away. In seconds they had cleared the atmosphere of Legion World.

"Raltvee, here we come!"

[ November 18, 2012, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 8

At Lard Lad's home (a.k.a. "Lardy's Lair"), Lardy and Val "Karate Kid" Armorr sprawled out a couple of large sheets of paper over his dining room table.

"There!" Lardy pointed at the sheet on the left toward a green mass surrounded by blue on all sides. "Leelee Island! The Legion World founders have given me permission to build there. What do ya think, Val?"

Val pondered the map aloud. "Let's see...plenty of space for training exercises...isolated to give students fewer distractions...allowance for power malfunctions to cause less damage." He winked at Lardy. "Yes, Anthony...that should do nicely!"

"Glad you agree, Val!" Lardy beamed and then pointed to the other paper. "I love this design one of the contractors came up with! But look it over and see what modifications we'll need. This is more like a rough draft."

Val regarded the blueprints closely. "Yes, I can see some things. My dojo, in particular..." His gaze lingered on it for a long moment, then he turned back to Lardy. "How can you be so excited about this, Anthony? You may never be free to participate in it...to be its headmaster, as you plan."

Lardy shrugged and smiled. "Regardless of what happens with me and my case, Val, this project is my passion! If I'm not around to see it, just knowing it exists will be enough for me. Besides, I have faith in Quis. I'll be free....someday. If it turns out I can't be headmaster..." He put a hand on Val's shoulder. "...the guy who was supposed to be its hand-to-hand combat trainer is up to the task!"

"Hopefully, it won't come to that," Val assured his friend.

"Awright," Lardy clapped Val on the back, "I'm leaving this in your hands. Everything you need to know about zoning, contractors, etc. is in this Omnicom. LMB leadership is onboard and will provide any help you need." Lardy picked up a duffle bag. "Meanwhile time's a'wastin'! I've got a transport to catch and two beautiful children waiting to see their dad and meet their 'Uncle' Cobalt!"

"Good luck to you, my friend," Val offered, and the two embraced. Then, Lardy 'ported away.

Left alone, Val worried for his friend but couldn't help but feel uplifted by their mutual passion for the pending rebirth of...the LMB Academy!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 9

Lolita enjoyed the warmth and smells in Café Cramer, finding comfort in being back home. The steady hustle and bustle of customers coming and going showed that already things were beginning to return to normal on Legion World. She took a look at the various omni-coms and files on her table, and once more considered her next move.

Shark Lad had gone to work that morning back to the Security Office, and she sent him off with a long kiss. She would not be returning to work at the Security Office, she had decided; rather, she would work directly for the LMB Leader…among other jobs.

She also said goodbye to Cobie as he departed Legion World for a two week furlough, though she knew she’d see him again. She could see the stress in his eyes and it broke her heart. She wanted him to be happy so bad. But every step towards happiness was a leap for Cobie. He had made his mind up to be a different person than he had been—to change his lifestyle. Yet the Prime Minister Maya adi Lva fired the first shot at the Legion in what Lolita knew would become a cold war between them; now Cobie felt obligated to respond, for Lardy.

She was thankful she did not feel so torn. When the thoughts of Belisarius bleeding corpse came back to her, she pushed them away by focusing on her work. It was the only way to keep the demons at bay.

Her omni-com rang, and she answered, lowering her voice so no one would here her. “I’m here Ambassador,” she said.

Quietly, she listened as Ambassador Mirenna Helene laid out a problem before her, with instructions of what needed to be done.

“Consider it taken care of,” she said into the omni-com.

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 10

Angdar held his Omnicom and laughed a little to himself. He had flown through the LMB basics class, and was now officially asking to join the Office of Security. It seemed to be a no brainer for him, given his background. As an organization, the LMB was a little less organized than he would have thought, but that was alright with him. There was a message from the Office of Security in his inbox, and he was a little hesitant to open it. He knew a lot of his friends were applying to the Office of Security themselves, so he wasn't sure how many spots there actually were to be filled, or if that was even a problem.

He had come to love the Legionnaires he had gotten to know. Invisible Brainiac, Blaze, and a few others. Most of his friends were the newer recruits. Then there was Zoe...he wasn't sure exactly what they had. It was fun and intense, but he wondered how things would go now that they were out of the war. It had seemed at first to be an escape for both of them. Then there was the other aspect of himself that he wasn't sure how she'd react to. Time would tell on that one though.

He finally hit the screen and waited fo rthe message to open up. He read through the message as quickly as he could and a smile formed over his face. He was in, and he felt a wave of relief flow through him. After everything that had happened on Thanagar, he was worried that something similar would happen here.

He was finally part of something bigger than himself, and he was in a position to help people...even his own people on Thanagar...if they would only let him.

Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)
Sassy and all dressed up

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix (Zoe Saugin)           Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 11

"Nope, don't know when they left or where they went either," Kinetix said truthfully, with an accent on the "know". She did have an idea, but if IB and Blaze wanted to go off alone, who was she to spoil their fun?

The reporter opened his mouth. Kinetix put up a finger. "Ahh-ah, when I say I don't know, I really don't know. Now focus, and listen. The LMB has a new initiative, spearheaded by myself, that will focus on relief and development efforts of planets ravaged by the war..."

As she talked, she could see interest sparkle in the reporters eyes. She smiled. She'd cooked this idea up with IB, Blaze, Angdar, Kairos and the others. It was good to really be a force for change in the galaxy.

--------------------
Why must power be so elusive?

From: Aleph | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
EPILOGUE 12

Dedman sat huddled on his bed in his private quarters at the Powersphere in the dark. His knees were up and his arms were wrapped around his legs as he rocked back and forth.

Since he returned to Legionworld everything was falling apart on him. Hexubus, Succubus and Autobus were gone, all they left behind was an omnicom with a message saying "Sorry boss, we couldn't stay here any more."
He was seeing phantom images in his peripherial vision and occasionally a faint whispering. He couldn't quite make out what it was saying but it was getting louder.
The Poltergiest Area was closed to him. He didn't know why, but he couldn't tap into it anymore. Nothing had changed really, but it wasn't there for him.
And worst of all was the package, that damned package. Two days ago while perusing a street market, a wizened old man clearly from the old Earth country of China came up to him.
"Mr. dedman sir? Special delivery for you"
"What, who is it from...what is it?"
"From a fan kind sir, they say it is everything you ever wanted"

And so it sat on a table mysterious and ominious still unopened. Dedman didn't want to open it but yet couldn't get it out of his mind.

With a sigh he heaved himself off the bed, grabbed the small box and headed out for the city.
Maybe he'd stop by Cramer's Cafe, a coffee might make him feel better or at least clear his head.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue 13

The war may have been over, but Rockhopper Lad was busy as ever in the Office of the LMB Leader. Looking over charts and screens of all the trouble spots, he was trying to determine who needed the most assistance. The LMB had to send resources of all kinds to help out in areas ravaged by fighting. Pirates, outlaws and various other unpleasant types were taking advantage of the power vacuum in some places.

On one of the screens was a team led by Power Boy dealing with a raid on a small UP post by the Star Burst Bandits. Peebs, with his vast powers, was repelling the Bandits with finesse and style.

Time-Teller Lad and Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle entered Rocky's office. Tim was carrying a tea tray. “Rocky, you really need to take a break,” he smiled.

“Oh, Tim!” Rocky shook his head. “I wish I could. It is good to see you up and around, though. You proved yourself a true hero. That, of course, is why the Pyngwyn Colonies bestowed the title. The first human given a peerage, I might add.”

Tim blushed. “Timothy, The First Baron Temp. I still love the sound of that.”

“You earned it, my friend. I just wish our work were truly finished.” Rocky sighed. “I guess I should take some comfort in the fact that my term as LMB Leader will be over soon.”

“You'll be a Leader who is hard to replace. You led us through what was probably our darkest hour.”

Rocky looked at Power Boy on the screen and thought about the leadership and strength of character Peebs had shown throughout their whole ordeal. He smiled. “Tim, something tells me that the LMB will be just fine.”

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Epilogue14

SharkLad sat at his desk in the Security Office. Boredom had set in hours before. He tapped a few keys on his Omnicom and pulled up a holo of Lolita. She was smiling. SharkLad couldn’t help but smile in return.

SharkLad put his Omnicom away and got up from his chair.

“I’m going out,” he called to no one in particular.

Out on the street, SharkLad found himself surrounded by reporters.

“SharkLad! SharkLad! Can you comment on the LMB’s latest mission?”

“Did a member of the LMB die?”

“Are the rumors true about you and Princess Crujectra?”

“No spockin’ comment!” growled SharkLad, as he pushed his way through the crowd.

SharkLad headed for Shakes. He hoped, but doubted, it would be empty. He wasn’t in the mood to talk. Just then, his Omnicom began to vibrate. He looked at the image of the caller on the screen.

“Well, ain’t that a kick in the arse.”

SharkLad paused for a second before tapping the receive key.

“Well, you’re the last sprockin' person I expected to hear from…”

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.