Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Restoration and Redemption

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Restoration and Redemption
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Note: At best this fanfiction is intended to be an epic that transcends space and time. At worst, this will be good practice for a potential children's novel. If anyone else would like to join in, let me know.

Final Fantasy, Red Mage, Blue Mage, and other various characters and items come from Square-Enix's highly successful roleplaying games.

"...for us physicists believe the separation between past, present, and future is only an illusion, although a convincing one."- Albert Einstein

Linus woke up to find everyone else in his cabin was gone. He looked at the clock and it was already 8:00 A.M. He quickly got dressed and ran into the dining hall. Linus placed his hat on a hook with all the others. He got in the line for food, and all the counselors were glaring at him. Linus tried to find a good seat, but the place was packed except for the table where only that weird kid sat. He then went to the last resort, which was actually sitting next to his cabin mates.

"Blizzard," one of them said into his drink. It was that Summoner who locked himself in the cabin for the first day. Everyone called him a momma's boy for the next three days until he summoned a giant. Nobody messes with him anymore.

"We've been waiting for you Red Mage. You can sit over here," A Blue Mage got up from the table, saying he had something to do. Linus was grateful and sat down. Linus said, "Oh wow Rainbow Pudding! I never had Rainbow Pudding before!"

Linus quickly ate everything on his plate. Breakfast was getting dismissed and Blue Mage was nice enough to bring everyone's hats back. As a Red Mage, Linus wore a three-point cap with a white feather on it. The young mages were dimissed to spell practice, combat practice, and eventually swimming. There was a total of two cabins per each event, allowing Linus to ditch his cabin mates.

"Alright, choose a partner and we will review the spell Gravity," Gus the Black Mage counselor said. Everyone silently chose partners instantly, with Linus choosing Albert, a Time Mage. The two of them had survived intruders from Fighting Camp, the girls, and Gus' never-ending speechs on the importance of concentration in spellcasting together. And they survived this day to, at least until it was time for swimming.

Linus took off his hat to hear Albert burst into laughter. "What's so funny?" He asked.

"You are. Look in the mirror," Albert said.

Linus turned to see that the top of his head was rainbow-colored! At that point all the boys were examining their hair and glancing at their neighbors. The Blue Mage said, "That Summoner is to blame! He's the only one whose hair isn't rainbow!"

"No I'm not! That Blue Mage did it, he took three Rainbow Pudding cups!" The Summoner defended himself. Blue Mage decided this was a great moment to lay a punch.

"Stop it!" The Summoner said. He was whispering something under his breath, but all the other boys just stood and watched.

"Or what? You will go crying to momm..." the Blue Mage was interrupted by the cry of a chobocco. This giant yellow bird put itself between the Summoner and the Blue Mage. It was hard to tell a Blue Mage's feelings due to the mask, but Linus thought he was afraid. The counselors arrived and the two boys were dragged to the head counselor's office.
~~~
A few hours later everyone's hair was back to normal and it was time for dinner. Linus saw the Blue Mage was serving mashed potatoes. The kid in front of him asked what happened to the Summoner, and Blue Mage said his mother came and took him away.

"We could either leave and be banned from Magic Camp for life, or we could work in the kitchen for two weeks," Blue Mage shrugged. Linus remembered these words because at that moment the emergancy alarms went off. Everyone filed into lines and was told not to look back, but of course everyone looked back. Albert did more than look, he ran back to the cabin.

Unfortunately, no one can outrun Leviathan. The forest was being flooded by the attack known as Tidal Wave. Albert, being a Time Mage used Gravity to escape being trapped in the mud. But waves of water kept being sent down by the great dragon. The boy shouted, "Stop!"

Leviathan stopped in it's tracks. This allowed Albert to enter his cabin quickly. He lifted up the loose floorboard, opened the box inside and breathed a sigh of relief. The crystal is still intake. Thank Cosmos, I thought my father was going to kill me!

Albert clutched at the crystal and began to run back to the others. However, Leviathan broke free of the spell and began flooding the area again. Albert had no more energy for spells and slowly felt the air being drained from his body, until he heard, Banish!.
~~~~
"He wants to speak with you," Albert's father said to Linus. A small group was waiting in the hospital for news about Albert. The camp had shut down and parents were collecting their children. Linus walked past the White Mages and Wizards.

Albert said, "The crystals must be protected...but I'm stuck here. You take it and find the other ones."

"But I am too weak, chose someone else! Why don't you give it to that Blue Mage?" Linus asked.

"I don't like that Blue Mage. Now go, I'm sure your Mom and Dad miss you," Albert said.
~~~~
"Magic Camp shut down? But we booked that cruise months ago, it's too late to cancel," Linus' father said.

"Don't worry, I already called someone we know. It's about time our boy takes up the legacy," His mother said.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Linus was trying to kill the first boss in The Legend of Adlez video game when the doorbell rang. He ignored it because he couldn't save at this point. He was pretty sad that Magic Camp was shut down, because there was no one to hang out with. His younger brother, Robert, was still at Ecology Camp. Every other day Robert sent his mother home an e-mail, and she would beam about how Robert was excelling at extracurriculars. His other sibling, Rosalind, was visiting their second cousins in Fawcett City.

The door bell rang three more times, so Linus sighed and answered it. There stood a man in a suit holding a briefcase. Linus recognized him as one of those "cousins" his parents pointed out to him during big parties.

"Hello, are your parents home?" He asked.

Linus replied, "No, they went to the store. What is it that you want?"

Leave it to those two to forget about something this important, the man thought. He kept his face straight and said, "You are going to become a Restorer."

"What is that? And why me?" Linus asked.

"We are super-heroes that fight threats across space and time," He explained. "Your parents want you to receive one-on-one training."

"Are you going to train me?" Linus asked.

"No," The man answered point blank. "Now pack your things, we have a meeting in two hours. I'll write your parents a little note."
~~~~
Restorers Headquarters, Odym.

"Again we are thankful for providing us with our headquarters Blue Lantern," Shotput said. The two men were standing in the main conference room.

"It is the least I can do," The Blue Lantern replied. "It must have been hard leaving the T&F Mercenary Group."

Shotput winced, "We didn't part on good turns, but it could have worse. Jon-Em doesn't trust me, but he's a prince. He doesn't understand having to actually work for a living."

Security Access Requested for Red Mage. Access or Deny?

"Access. This would be our young protege," Blue Lantern said. Shotput and Blue Lantern greeted the boy warmly, afterall they both started fighting for money when they were children.

"So who am I sidekicking to?" The boy asked. The three adults looked at eachother. They did not have an answer for him. Blue Lantern did promise his mother one-on-one training but didn't specify when that would begin.

"We have your records from Magic Camp so we know your power levels. So I guess your first task is to...is to..." Blue Lantern struggled to find an answer.

"Your first task is to organize all our files. This is an utmost important task. Without it evil alien starfish might wreck havok on the universe!" Shotput offered. Red Mage looked skeptical but didn't argue. The other adults didn't want to argue in front of him, so off Red Mage went sorting files.

"Thank you, Shotput," The man who brought the boy said.

"Jon-Em do you have the coordinates of Helen yet?" Blue Lantern casually asked.

Jon-Em hesitated, "I do. She's in the middle of a problem...a very big problem." He put up the coordinates: Legion World circa 3008 and there was a picture of Helen fighting a giant crab.

[ April 11, 2011, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The Restorers entered a small craft that reminded Red Mage of the airships he saw during spring break in Palamecia. Before they took off, Lon-Em turned to him and held a ring with an (R) symbol on it.

"This is a Restorer's Invisibility Ring. It makes us invisible to all tracking devices, voice recorders, and cameras in different times," He explained.

Red Mage asked, "Why?"

"So we don't change history. History is the recorded events, so no records no events. And we usually try to avoid our own flesh and blood for obvious reasons," Lon-Em explained further.

"But that doesn't make sense!" The boy said. "Time is simultaneous so one cannot be unborn in the past if they are born in the future."

Lon-Em scratched his chin in thought, "Interesting theory based on Einsteinian principles, but not one I want to test. You ready to pilot this thing, Shotput?"

"Yes. Okay everyone, say quantum leap!" Shotput exclaimed.
~~~~
Helen was fighting fiercely against the giant crab. This cliff-region of Legion World was far from human inhabitance, the perfect place to go all out in battle. But whenever she got one blow in, it would be made redundant by the monster. The crab gave her a choice: her sword or her arm.

She chose her arm, and rolled away from the crab. Helen hid behind a rock the size of Pike's Peak and prayed. The crab suprisingly edged away from her, it was going after something else...and then it hit Helen. There was a nuclear power plant. The crab's master wanted to lay the planet of Legion World to waste.

At that moment Shotput plowed through the crab, while Lon-Em made sure the power plant's officials could not see what was happening outside. Blue Lantern and Red Mage landed beside Helen.

"Cure!" Red Mage shouted. Helen could feel the minor wounds being healed and strength returning to her body. Blue Lantern helped her up with one hand and then handed her another sword.

"Thought you would need this," Blue Lantern said. Lon-Em asked, "Hacking completed. What should I do next, boss?"

"We are all going to fight the giant crab," Blue Lantern said. Shotput had already cracked a claw and thought it would make a fine gumbo. Blue Lantern kept giving commands, and the others tried in vain to subdue the beast.

Blue Lantern asked Red Mage, "Do you know Warp?"

"I can't learn Warp!" Red Mage said, lunging his sword into one of the crab's legs.

Blue Lantern continued, "What about Banish?"

"No! I am a Red Mage. My camp counselors said I am a jack-of-all trades, master of none!" He explained. Red Mage then got the great idea of using a Paralyze spell. He shouted, "Paralyze!"

The crab then stopped in it's traps. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief before perseding to get back to their own time.
~~~~
"Time Mage no longer has the crystal. Well, won't our Boss be interested in that," A woman said in the shadows of what was once a forest. It was now more of a swamp right now.

The Summoner said, "Mom I don't like this place. Everyone here was mean to me."

The woman blinked, "Well, we killed two birds with one stone then. Now that this forest is a swamp, it will help prevent adventurers from finding our headquarters."

"You mean that old shrine with the crystals?" The Summoner asked. Everyone knows where our headquarters is.

"Yes dear. And you know what? I think you could help me find one of the crystals," She said.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

July 16th, 1945

Bracket Boy moved swiftly through the New Mexico landscape. An important event was going to happen this day, but he couldn't understand what it was. Blue Lantern had sent him out this day to do basic investigation while the rest of the Restorers fought a giant lobster on Weber's World or something like that.

He saw a shadow pass in front the wall and he followed it. Bracket Boy found himself in a dusty warehouse. He put his forcefields on for protection, but this triggered an alarm. Power detectors?!, the man thought. He looked up to see a winged man above him, a woman with fire powers blocking where he entered, and another man walking straight towards him.

The man smiled and used his abilities to pass through Bracket Boy's forcefields. The young man fought back, but it was useless.

"Perfect. We need him alive," A man said. His arms and eyes glowed a green, toxic hue. It was at this moment that Bracket Boy knew he was dealing with Chemo Lord.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking...the solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker."- Albert Einstein

Bracket Boy was trapped inside what could best be described as a giant beaker with devices that detect and regulate internal super-powers. the Xudarian had no idea what was going to happen to him, and his jailers were silent. He knocked on the glass to get their attention. Chemo Lord was surprised and walked over.

"What do you want?" The villain asked.

"Aren't you going to tell me why you are doing this?" Bracket Boy asked.

Chemo Lord said, "No. I don't play by the rules very well. And if you don't know what I plan to do Xudarian, it is your loss. Isn't it your job to find out that information by force?"

Bracket Boy then decided to shut up. He wasn't going to let a villain's taunts get to him. Chemo Lord checked the clock and decided moment was at hand. He decided to give a speech to rally his troops.

"Our plan is threefold: use the Xudarian to stop the blast, keep any Restorers from getting in the way, and to sell our information to the Japanese. We will change history and become rich!" He said optimistically.
~~~~
Quantum Leap Initiation Activated

"Wow, we are going to the Alamogordo area!" Red Mage said ethusiatically.

Shotput asked, "What is so special about Alamogordo?"

"First atomic bomb testing on Earth. This is a crucial moment in Earth history," Jon-Em said. "Where are you from again, Shotput?"

"I am from Korugar. My family immigrated to Bellatrix when the government was overthrown, " The pilot answered. He double-checked the coordinates before locking onto the dates. Timber Wolf shifted his eyes as he said the planet's name. I'm kind of responsible for that.

"Everyone say quantum leap!" The pilot said.
~~~~
April 16th, 1945

Chemo Lord decided to let his minions handle manual labor, while he tried to establish communications to Japan. He assigned the winged man and the Bgtzlian to the Xudarian, and the woman with fire powers to scouting duty.

Blue Lantern was very uncertain about this fight. He trusted Bracket Boy to be able to handle himself, but one false move could change history forever. He decided to keep Red Mage with him because one of the boy's ancestors directly worked on the Manhattan Project. They were going to find Chemo Lord while the others stop whatever the villain was planning.

Shotput said, "Today's flight will be delayed do to inteference by a winged man and whoever that guy in black is!"

Jon-Em says, "I'm hacking into the capsule Bracket Boy is in. Just distract the handlers until I'm finished."

The winged man laughed when he saw Shotput, "Hey, I remember you! You insulted my sister on Bellatrix!"

"An insult to her is a compliment to anyone else," Shotput said. "But I bet she's still paying your rent. Tsk tsk tsk, you never learned how to negotiate..."

Timber Wolf and Helen decided to take advantage of this argument to confront the Bgtzlian. The Bgtzlian went into the capsule and place his intangible hand into Bracket Boy's head. The two heroes paused and considered their options.

"I finished hacking!" Jon-Em said.

"Why didn't the capsule open then?" Helen asked. As she said this, Bracket Boy created a force field big enough to break the capsule. Vastly outnumbered, the team easily subdued the two mercenaries. They awaited word from Blue Lantern as to what to do next.

"It is over, Chemo Lord." Blue Lantern said. The villain's expressions did not change one bit. Red Mage noticed him fiddling with something on his arm, and yelled, "Slow!"

Chemo Lord said, "You are only delaying the inevitable, boy. And you Blue Lantern! You should be ashamed of yourself, I could have saved billions of lives..."

"The 'ifs' do not concern me here," Blue Lantern says. Slow had been effective, but Blue Lantern knew the toxins would be released soon enough. He asked Red Mage to get closer to him, but the boy said. "I am not a little kid! Blizzard!"

The spell was ineffective, and Chemo Lord looked completely bored. He said, "You insult me, Blue Lantern! Is children the best you can do?"

There was a large crash as the heroes plowed through the ceiling of this abandoned warehouse. Shotput said, "You are a little too old for tag. How about a nice round of poker?" Everyone began to the process of weeding the villain down, while Bracket Boy created a small but powerful forcefield.

"Did they pay T&F mercenaries by the hour?" Helen asked.

"By the hour, with bonuses for holidays and quality work. Why do you ask?" Shotput said.

"That explains everything," Helen replied. Once Chemo Lord was contained, everyone breathed a sigh of relief. History would be perserved but those with ties to Earth couldn't help wondering if they made the right decision. But unfortunately, they got another call before they could make their decision.

"Crystal of Earth? Something to do with a tea shop in the 21st century? Could you please speak slower?" Jon-Em asked.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

A boy is running across a bridge. He is being chased by a creature of incredible power, for having dared spied upon the cave which holds the crystals. If only he hadn't took that dare...but it was too late now. He was being chased by a Mindflayer. Do not look back, do not look back, do not...

The boy tripped on a rock and landed on the ground. The Mindflayer was gaining on him. The young Blue Mage cast Aero, but the monster kept inching closer. It knew that it's power exceeded Blue Mage's. The Mindflayer could deal Instant Death with a single attack. Blue Mage decided to reach into his bag and pull out an Emergancy Exit. He was pulled out of the the battle and into a different dimension.

"Funny, they aren't supposed to do that." Blue Mage thought aloud. He looked around and discovered he was in a city. Everyone was dressed weirdly, and some people stared at him. The cape and mask give Blue Mages a super-hero appearence.

Blue Mage paid them no attention because he was starving. The last thing he ate was fish at lunchtime. His grandmother made excellant yellowtail fish soup and he was missing it right about now. There were several restaurants around, but the most promising was a little tea shop. He entered the restaurant to find a wide assortment of food. Blue Mage enjoyed himself thoroughly until the bill came.

"Do you accept gil?" Blue Mage asked.

"We only accept dollars," The waiter said. "Where are your parents?" The child and the waiter carried back and forth until the manager came to check on business. She saw Blue Mage and knew what needed to be done. The woman asked Blue Mage to show her the gil. She casted a spell to turn the gil into dollars.

"There is no problem here. The boy made up a word for money," She smiled. "Silly boy. You can go use our phone to call our parents." Blue Mage went to use their phone and a number mysteriously appeared on his right hand. It faded as he typed it in.
~~~~
"And that's how I came in contact with you," Blue Mage finished. He was drinking a cup of hot chocolate in Restorers' Headquarters. Red Mage refused to look at the boy. He did not trust him one bit. What if he is a spy?

"We will try our best to help--" Blue Lantern began to say, before being interrupted by a communication. There was images of a large army of beasts on the planet of Qward. The Yellow Lantern was in danger.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Blue Lantern said, "It's been ages since I have visited Qward."

"Why are we sitting here talking?" Helen asked. She was getting impatient with the lack of action. The Restorer's conference room was sterile and dull. Blue Lantern was a minimalist in all facets of life.

"Qward can handle itself. What we need to do is get directly to the one who is controlling the beasts. The Thunderers have identified that the individual is one of these three," He pointed to images on the screen. Each of the images were vastly different. The team decided to split up into three groups to find out which one was responsible for the attacks.

Helen, Red Mage, and Shotput were sent after the woman with multiple arms and faces. Shotput raced into battle, despite Helen's pleas not to. He got a few shots in, but the woman shouted, "Curaga!"

Helen said, "That sounds like a spell. Do you know what she just did, Red Mage?"

"She can cast moderate healing spells," Red Mage replied. He had no idea what to do. Helen was nervous and said, "I know this is difficult but we need you to think hard. Cast the spell when you know what to do."

If I am wrong we could all die, but if I do nothing Shotput will die. He already looks tired. Here goes nothing!, he thought. "Reflectaga!" He cast a spell on the woman attacking them. This caused all the Cure related spells to reflect off Asura and onto the Restorers. This gave Helen and Red Mage the opportunity to defeat Asura, while Shotput told the others. The woman faded away, at which moment Red Mage knew what they were dealing with.

Blue Lantern received the message none to soon. All remaining team members had converged at this point, an abandoned tower overlooking the Yellow Central Power Battery. There was a strange feel to this place, and Blue Lantern could feel the yellow light. At one time he had commanded the yellow light, and those experiences were fresh in his mind. And he remembered her and how she died so young, how she died in the name of Thaal Sinestro and a free Korugar.

This pensive moment was cut-off by a strong shake beneath their feet. There was an earthquake and Bracket Boy immediately put a forcefield bubble around the team. It was at that point that they saw the people they were hunting. There was a strong man and a young boy.

"He's holding me hostage!" The boy shouted.

The strong man did not say a word. He merely stood there and then mysteriously faded away. The boy said, "Yay! You defeated him!"

"Don't cue the fanfare just yet!" A voice said. Blue Mage had appeared in front of them. The boy added, "Foot Kick!" The attack bounced off the boy and onto Blue Mage.

At this moment Blue Lantern called in the others and wondered what to say. This is becoming a playground fight. He offered, "Why don't we sit down and talk about it..." He then noticed that Blue Mage's eyes were rolling back in his head. He ordered Bracket Boy to contain the other boy in a forcefield. Jon-Em and Helen gently pulled the boy to safety.

The boy did not look perplexed. He took out a glowing crystal and said, "My freedom for the crystal. Will you accept the offer?"

Shotput said, "We don't make deals with stinking liars." Timber Wolf gave him a glare, but the ex-mercenary just shrugged. Guess those fancy government jobs don't hand out senses of humor with their benefits.

Jon-Em said, "Agreed. You just took out another boy."

"I cast Reflect on myself to protect myself from monsters like Titan back there--" He tried to defend himself.

"Th-at isss cause he isss a Summoner. The others were not real. He controlled everything," Blue Mage said slowly. Helen could see he was struggling to maintain consciousness. She told him to relax. The others entered the room, and Red Mage was shocked at what he saw.

"What is going on?" Red Mage asked.

Blue Lantern said, "I was hoping you could tell us. Do you know this boy?"

"Yes, he was in Magic Camp. He is a Summoner...so he could have summoned all those beings and monsters," He theorized.

Bracket Boy said, "Magic runs on energy though, right? If I let him go, is there a chance he has too little energy to summon anything else?"

"Yes," Red Mage confirmed. The Xudarian then removed the force field. The Summoner just stood there and handed began walking up to them, but Timber Wolf saw he had something in his other hand.

"Don't do it," The veteran adventurer said.

"I can't hear you. What with all this Stardust!" He released his left hand and the spell Comet descended upon the heroes. Everyone tried to protect himself, but even Bracket Boy was struggling to defend himself from the blows. Red Mage used this opportunity to tackle The Summoner. The two boys exchanged punches and kicks until they heard a voice.

"You started a fight without me?" Blue Mage asked. "But that's okay because I will end it." He took out an Emergancy Exit and in an instant all three boys were gone.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.