Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12 (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's this Brin, finished, I think.
I finished the hair, added sandles and wolf buckle, removed the cutesy stuff and changed the colors a little.
sigh
 -

From now on, I'll do a set before posting them. It'll take a little longer between postings but I like have more than one at a time for people to see.

Edit: forgot the glove and eyebrow removal before!
[Razz]
 -

[ August 30, 2011, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool. Thank you again.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Here's this Brin, finished, I think.
I finished the hair, added sandles and wolf buckle, removed the cutesy stuff and changed the colors a little.
sigh

From now on, I'll do a set before posting them. It'll take a little longer between postings but I like have more than one at a time for people to see.

Only as long as you don't make us wait too long. [Wink]

Great stuff, looking forward to lots more.

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Candle edited the Brin micro.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay.
So, I was going to post more than one at a time.
sigh
This is Sumo Dirk:
 -
The original was a Future's Dirk
The drawing (below) is a convention/consignment done for SK by Declan Shalvey.

[ June 29, 2011, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

The source image:

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's the micro I started with:
 -
His ears are the same.
lol

[ June 29, 2011, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I think I'm finished with my version of Sumo Brin.
It's based on a suggestion of Suncat's and SK's for a Red Lantern of Rage for the Legion of Light Museum thread last year.
I came up with a picture of Brin for that and this micro 'look' is loosely based on that idea.
I'd put the other Brin here but I'm having a major reworking problem with it.
[Frown]

Anyway, the Red Wolf:
 -
He started life as one of Future's Jo Nahs.

Here's the Legion of Light entry:
[QB]Here you go, Suncat and Sarcasm Kid -
 -
photo of Jacob-Black TW[QB]

[ July 01, 2011, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Space Cadet
Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Cadet   Email Space Cadet         Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff, as always, looking forward to more.

Thanks for sharing!

--------------------
Readin' Legion since '62

From: Winnipeg | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suncat
Field Researcher

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suncat   Author's Homepage   Email Suncat         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes! Brin does fill the bill for the Red Ring.

--------------------
Laurie (Suncat)
My deviantArt page
My blog at Dreamwidth

From: Minnesota, USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

As I've progressed, I hope, I've realized that the first Garths that I did failed to follow SarK's design much, as shown in the drawing.
So, I made a new one.
I've also updated the original two, a little.
I'm done with these Garths now, but I do have the Ninja Garth in the works.
It's complicated so I might do a few others before finishing him.

Lord knows I have quite a few projects to finish and I have a new project/thread that I'd like to start this fall.

This Garth was pretty fun working out from the drawing - the nose is longer in the tip in the drawing so I changed the 3 to match it.
The hair and face aren't exact but I hope they're a fairly interesting interpretation.
The drawing first:
Click for fullsize image
And the micros:
 -
(Slight update to eyes and tummyx2.)

Dirk's feet and legs are pretty perfected for the sumo's so I changed out everyone's with his template.
[shrug]

[ August 03, 2011, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
That's the fun thing with working on Micros for awhile: you develop a better template for yourself! ...granted, I have OCD and continue to use my slightly outdated ones so all my Legionnaires will look the same.

Liking the Garth updates. The longer nose looks good.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Thanks, future.
Your comments mean a lot to me since I so respect your incredibly detailed work!
If I didn't have drawings to go by for the faces and proportions and things, I'd probably not worry about expressions and things, either.
[Yes]

And the feet are so important for the proportions of the bodies and because so many of his characters either have barefeet or sandles on.
[Frown]
lol

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

I wasn't intended Francis Manapul to draw Brin with the sandals. I thought it was going to be the same toeless boots from his regular outfit, but decided not to correct him. I was lucky enough to have him do it without incidence, since the piece in question could obviously be considered to be a fetish piece like you see on DeviantArt.

The noses do indeed look amazing. The hair on the redesign sort of resembles Dave Cockrum's art, but I haven't seen that much of his work on the Legion.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Fetish?!!
gads

The feet were actually fun to learn how to do.
And the sandles.
Not the ones on the 'old' Brin micro, but the one I have now and will post as soon as I finish the costume colors revision.
[Yes]

I'm going to fiddle with Garth's tummy again, too.

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.