Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12 (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Micro Heroes by Candlelight - Byzantine Knights Added 09/13/12
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Future and everyone.
It's amazing how much changing a pixal can set in motion, a hundred others seem to move in or out of alinement and everything either gets unbalanced or comes into sharp view.

The girls were fun because their expressions in the drawings were pretty neutral and I didn't have to bulk them up, so I could concentrate on the costumes and make-up.
lol

I feel real satisfaction with Ittys slip and sleeve lace and her purse.
MHGs bubblegum was lots of fun and trial and error, as were her shoes.
I can see her writing words with her hair, too.

My favorite guy so far, has been Dirk.
I think the drawing and micro came out very complimentary.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's one that I did before, the Red Wolf of Rage, a Red Lantern Brin.
Then, I decided to make him look more like the photo work I did.
I present them both, the Red and the Grey Wolves of Rage:
 -

Inspiration piece again:
 -

[ September 01, 2011, 05:42 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is my version/design for Sumo Dirk, shown along side SarKs original design for reference:
 -

They both remind me of my middle brother, Dean.
[Yes]

[ September 11, 2011, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh. Like the red sun.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Here's one of SarK's ninjas, Saturn Girl, or rather 2 of her, in her summer black and red and in her winter snow slope red and white:
 -
I gave her grass and sky to anchor the sword.
[Yes]
And this is the drawing she's based on (love the sword):
 -

[ September 06, 2011, 11:14 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Again, beautiful.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

This is SarK's original character, Ebony Dent.
This is her costume, with and without bandana, that she wore when she needed a secret identity, before she was pulled into the time stream and ended up with the Legion:
 -

This is the beautiful drawing she's based on:
 -

[ September 11, 2011, 06:36 AM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Candace I... I don't know what to say.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

She's pretty simple color wise, but her eyes are beautiful and I love the bandana around her arm when she's not protecting her identity.

The 7 year old is up next.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

That was a nice touch.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

lol

Here's Ebony in the Toon version, where she became a 7yr old for a time.
Her mentor and best friend is Garth, here in his Toon version by Future.
 -

SarK wanted her in coveralls and a red T.
I added the belt and bangles which were a part of the original chibis character.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Ahaha! I love it!

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

I went over the timeline for Ebony with Sark and remembered that Ayla was a child at the same time as Ebony, so I added the blonde versio of her, although I may change her out for a redhead at some point. [shrug]
I also changed the Garth from Toon to Action, I hope.
sigh

So, here they are:
 -
Garth is by Future and the micros that I began with for the girls were made by CDC Production 2010.

[ September 12, 2011, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

It's fine. [Smile]

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, Shady... just wanted to chime in and say what a great job you are doing on these. It's very cool to see some of Sarcasm Kid's original concepts translated to this format.

Keep up the great collaborative work, guys!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.