Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Playing around in Photoshop tonight, I thought I would see if I could start making a series of Mission Monitor Board symbols for the folks on this board.

I started fairly easy with the board owners (two of whom had existing parallels in the actual LSH, anyway... so), but I really dig the way these came out, so I think I'm going to make a bunch more.

Anyway to start: Lightning Lad, Nightcrawler, and Saturn Girl:

-
 -
 -

Next up, I'll try the LMB founders: Lash, Lardy and Candle.

[ August 24, 2011, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
cool!!!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Very shiny!

I'm not sure what Nighty thinks, but maybe a dark cloud of smoke with two red eyes and / or a white fanged smile peering out of it would be appropriately Nightcrawler-ish.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Looking great!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Those are awesome!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
They're wonderful!
I can hardly wait to see the next set!
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Love it!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
I'm not sure what Nighty thinks, but maybe a dark cloud of smoke with two red eyes and / or a white fanged smile peering out of it would be appropriately Nightcrawler-ish.

In keeping with the actual LSH symbols, I'm trying to err on the side of simple - something that is abstract enough to be symbolic, but at the same time conveys who the person is. If any of them too widely miss the mark, though, just let me know and I'll give it another shot.

So, next batch: Lard Lad, Lash Lad, and Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass:

-
 -
 -

Lardy's is a take on his chest symbol from dedman's drawing (a stylized 'L') but I also kind of like how it suggests a flexed bicep, in a way.

Lash's is sort of too detail-y, but I couldn't draw a whip freehand, so I stole an image from online and shortened it a bit.

For Candle, I debated just using a simple image of a glowing candle, but I think the Tragedy/Comedy faces she used back in the day better captured her character's light/dark balance powers.

Up next, two fairly easy ones to round out the charter LMB members: Cobalt Kid and Mystery Lad (formerly Tsarin)

[ August 24, 2011, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
When you get to Cobie, I recommend a sheep with a look of terror on its face... [Good]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
These are all great Exnihil. I agree with you on Nighty's symbol.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
When you get to Cobie, I recommend a sheep with a look of terror on its face... [Good]

I just thank God I was not drinking something when I read this.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
These are cool, Ex. Can't wait to see mine. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for symbol, Ex!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

My pleasure, Nighty.

quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:
These are cool, Ex. Can't wait to see mine. [Big Grin]

Yikes... He Who, you are going to be a toughie. Could you like... maybe... betray the LMB and get expelled before I get to yours to save me a headache. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Pov:

[LOL]

So, Cobalt Kid and Mystery Lad, the other two charter LMBers apart from the founders are just simple lifts (Cosmic Boy, and incognito Element Lad from Adv. 307). Still pretty neat looking, though, I think:

-
 -

Next on the docket: Three animal inspired LMBers (Hint: all three animals begin with the letter, "R")

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ravenette, Rocket Cat and Roosterboy? [Wink]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.