Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[Cool]

Now you can do montage works of each individual poster. Put their symbol at the center and surround it with all their classic one-liners, catchphrases, artworks, etc.

Oh, and make them dance.

And each one needs a musical theme. About forty-five seconds should do it.

If you start today, you can probably have everything all done by next June.

I'll bring the aspirin. [Poke Joke]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
No! That's a bad cleome!

It's not nice to give the OCD boy ideas.

Hmmm... June would be doable, though... <shakes head> No! Bad... bad cleome! [Big Grin]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Fresh air, sunshine, and time with one's spouse-- bah! That stuff's for lightweights, Maaaaaaaaan!!

[Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Sp...spouse? Oh, crap!

<runs downstairs and finds letter>

Dear Ex,

While you were busy all summer with your LMB friends, I've moved on to greener pastures. If ever you finish with your project and decide to come looking for me, you'll find that I'm quite happy in my new home... the DC Message Boards.

- The former Mrs. Nihil

<falls to knees and cries out to the sky>

Noooooooooooooooo!

[Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! I bet those DCMBers made her write that. Are you sure there isn't a ransom note around somewhere?

Those symbols would be beautiful done up in copper as one big metal poster. If I knew a metal worker, he/she'd have a commission (with your approval, of course!).

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Copper would be good.
I could get them in single foot square tiles and do my celling in my office and bedroom done in them!
oooowwwww

And I think it's funny that in the monitor board formate, they begin with Abin Quank and end with Zardi Quank.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, and the poster sounds amazing, too.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Thank You, Ex. It's perfect. Alice would have absolutely adored it.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Drumroll.... aaaaaaaaaaand.... LMB Symbol #150!

For ketchup drip or coleslaw drop...
For carelessly spilled soda pop...
Let those who leave behind their slop...
Beware the power... of Abin's Mop!

-

Abin Quank, apart from being the Green Lantern ring-wielding patriarch of the ever-expanding Quank Clan, is, of course, also the Legion World janitor. I like to imagine the moment when he was given the ring, being told, "With this ring, your willpower can accomplish anything your mind can imagine," and then Abin thinking, "Yes! Finally I can get those stubborn scuffs off the HQ floor!"

For his symbol, I wanted to combine these two seemingly disparate ideas, when it occurred to me that someone who didn't give up his janitorial duties simply because he was granted supreme power would, of course, put the power battery to practical use... promptly fashioning it into a more appropriate tool of his trade. I'm not sure if it shows up at this scale, but the little "caution" symbol on the side of the bucket is also a GL logo.

[ROTFLMAO]

Ex, You Were Right! Your idea was perfect. And the new oath!

Genius! Pure Genius! I'm in AWE!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

-

All kinds of awesome!! [Big Grin]
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Copper would be good.
I could get them in single foot square tiles and do my celling in my office and bedroom done in them!
oooowwwww

How much admission will you charge the tourists, though?

[Big Grin]

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
very very awesomest!!! beautiful and you ought to make this a huge poster and bring it over to the comics convention and whenever one of us visit there and see our symbol and we go autograph..that ll make many fans envious....or encourage them to join us here!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
That is truly fantastic, Ex! [Yes] [Yes]

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
quote:

-

All kinds of awesome!! [Big Grin]
Hear, hear!

Now, quick! Make oaths for the rest of us! [Razz] Seriously though, that was an awesome touch.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
For what it's worth, Ibby, when Rocky was elected Deputy Leader under Joeboy, I wrote the LMB Leader's oath of office. As leader, Rocky would have been sworn in with the following:

I, Yy’dyptyyz Krysokom ky Rokk H’por kep D’zant L’yal ky Ollurem’yy Pyngwyny, Rockhopper Lad, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of Leader of the Legion of Message Board Posters, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Legion of Message Board Posters and Legion World, so help me Dywh.

I wrote in such a way that the name of the appropriate Deity can be invoked at the end. Joeboy took it ending with "so help me Solomon, Hercules, Achilles, Zeus, Atlas and Mercury."

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.