Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Up next, the eighth of ten new symbols, and the most recently registered addition to the symbol ranks (only two left until a newly symmetrical group shot... I'm so excited... [Smile] ).

Normally, I'd wait a bit a little longer to see if a newbie is going to hang around a bit before taking a gamble on adding one of these but, given who vouched for him (and the fact that he already has his own LMB wiki article) I feel fairly confident that we'll be seeing quite a bit of:

Blaze

-

Blaze is, of course, the main squeeze of trusted LMB member, Invisible Brainiac, and the inheritor of the gifts of the "Order of the Sacred Fire". While not a full fledged LMB member yet - he is still honing his potentially deadly abilities under Ibby's tutelage - I have a good feeling that, before too long, he'll be proudly serving alongside us on missions.

Blaze's symbol is fairly straightforward, an Interlac "B" surrounded by a ring of fire, but it is worth noting that I used the same scaling on the letter as I did for that of the earlier Invisible Brainiac one, tying them together as a matched pair.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm on the Monitor Board!!!!!
Thanks XO! This does feel like a LW milestone.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
I also like that you got both of us Blazing Brothers (aka Flaming Fellas) posted on the same day. And don't think I didn't notice it was a SUNday.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Awesome... so glad you dug it, Shiney! Welcome to the club!

Up next, that marvelous gal who always gives a little something extra to Legion World, and whose very name is a sentiment often expressed by quite a few LMBers:

Anita Cocktail

-

For Anita, I wanted a logo that expressed her over the top personality, while still paying tribute to her "tavernesque" nature.

I started thinking about the old Kids in the Hall routine about the "Girl-Drink Drunk". ("Can I get you a drink, Ray?" "Sure, I'll have a Squashed Strawberry Alleycat." "I'm... uh... I'm not sure I know that one.")

While the cocktail in Anita's symbol reaches nowhere near the heights of the drinks in that skit, I am pretty proud of the way it came out. With the exception of the earlier symbol I had done for Abin Quank, this symbol holds the record for the number of layers I had to use to get the illusion of depth (17!). Pretty spiffy, I think.

So... just one more left... who gets the magic number 160?

Stay tuned later this week....

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Love it! What a great tribute for Anita.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

And now, in honor of tonight's election results, symbol # 160...

The Election Tyrant

-

I am a huge fan of the Tyrant.

His ruthlessness efficiency and single mindedness of purpose just warm the cockles of my heart so much that - when I decided to run for LMB Leader this year - there was no one else I would have even considered having on my ticket.

Sure... we didn't win... but that's no fault of the Tyrant. I simply mark that down to the ignorance and shortsightedness of the voting public.

For his symbol, I wanted to show a completely above board system... one where every voice is heard and each vote counts. I wanted to show that... but then I started laughing so hard that I couldn't complete the design. In lieu of that, I decided to simply show the real way that the Tyrant records your votes.

Bah... next year, E.T., this thing is ours! [Wink]

(In all seriousness, though, huge congrats to Peebs and Jerry!!!)

Up next... we line up all the pretty pictures for group shot 2012.

--------------------

Exnihil

And here we are... with the class of 2012 additions... Anita Cocktail, Blaze, The Election Tyrant, Googoomuck, Kid Chaos, Mediocre Boy, Owl Lad, Razsolo, Rokk Steady, and Shining Son:

The new LMB Mission Monitor Board:

-
 -
 -

WHO'S WHO:

1. Abin Quank, Actor Lad, Anita Cocktail, Arachne, Arm Fall Off Boy, Arms Fall Off Boy, Awkward Pause Boy, Beagle Boy (Beagz)

2. Bicycle Repair Man, Blacula, Blaze, Blockade Boy, Blue Battler, The Boy with Ultra Powers (Matt), Caliente, Cleome

3. Cobalt Kid, The Crusader, Crymsun Kid, Dedman (Viridis Lament), Dev-Em, Director Lad, Doctor Mayavale, Doctor One

4. , Double Chinner, Drake B 3004, Enigma (C.J. Taylor), Eryk Davis Ester, The Election Tyrant, Everyday Girl, Exnihil, Fanfic Lady

5. Faraway Lad, Fat Cramer, Ferro Boy, Floating Foxlike Creature, Freekinos (Freek'd Kid), Frio, Future, Future King

6. Gamara, Gary Concord, The Gay Green Giant (3G), The Ghost of Numf-El, Giant Robotic Lesbian, Gigglebot Girl, Googoomuck. Grey Birdboy

7. Harbinger, He Who Wanders, Helena Handbasket, High Priestess Viviane, Hot Chick (Kalla Hrykos), Hrun the Barbarian, Icefire, Invisible Brainiac

8. Jailbait Lass (Lolita), Jerry, Jim Gallagher, Karie, Kenaustin, Kent Shakespeare, Kid Chaos, Kid Charlemagne

9. Kid Flash 2 Fan, Kid Marvel, Kid Prime, Kid Quislet, Kid Vudoo (rtvu2), Korbal, Krypton Kid, The Labradorian

10. Lad Boy, Lance's Realm, Language Arts Lad (Dave), Lard Lad, Lash Lad, Leap Year Lord (or Lass), l.e.g.i.o.nJOHN, Legion Reference File Lad (Chaim Mattis Keller)

11. Legion Tracker, Lightning Lad, l'il Rhino, Lonestar Ranger, Lone Wolf Legionnaire, Looks That Kill Lad, Loser Lad, Lucien Lad (Bevis)

12. Malvolio, Matlock, Matthew E, Mattropolis, Mechana, Mediocre Boy, Minesurfer, Monkey Eater Lad

13. Mystery Lad, My Whee Fem, Nightcrawler, Nova Girl, Novelty, Omega Man, Omni Craig, Outdoor Miner

14. Owl Lad, Pagan Lass, Paris Cub, Polar Boy, Portfolio Lad, Poverty Lad, Power Boy, Professor H-0011 (profh0011)

15. Quislet Esq., Raging Bull, Ram Boy, Razsolo, Reboot, Red Arrow, The Red Bee, Ricardo

16. Rickshaw, Rockhopper Lad, Rokk Steady, Rouge (Dave Hackett), Sam Pureheart, Sarcasm Kid, Saturn Girl, Seahorse

17. Semi-Transparent Fellow, Senor Widebottom, Set, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Shark Lad, Shining Son, Sir Roy, Sketch Lad

18. Sonnie Bloke, Space Ranger, Space Tart, Spellbinder, Star Boy, Stoopid Cat, STU, Suddenly Seymour

19. Superboy MDD Jr., Tamper Lad, Tempest, Thriftshop Debuntante, Timber Wolf, Time Teller Lad, Tromium, 235 Andy S

20. Ultra-Jorge, Varalent (Vee), Virgin Lad (Clive), Walk With Crowds, White Raven (Whitelighter), Xben, The Yellow Kid (YK), Zardi - The Eternal Man

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Up next, the eighth of ten new symbols, and the most recently registered addition to the symbol ranks (only two left until a newly symmetrical group shot... I'm so excited... [Smile] ).

Normally, I'd wait a bit a little longer to see if a newbie is going to hang around a bit before taking a gamble on adding one of these but, given who vouched for him (and the fact that he already has his own LMB wiki article) I feel fairly confident that we'll be seeing quite a bit of:

Blaze

-

That is so cool and thoughtful, Ex [Smile] Awww! I love it! I bet Blaze will too when he gets his butt over here.

Man, that Mission monitor Board is looking AWESOME.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blaze
Firing Up Your Day

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blaze           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Blaze

-

Blaze is, of course, the main squeeze of trusted LMB member, Invisible Brainiac, and the inheritor of the gifts of the "Order of the Sacred Fire". While not a full fledged LMB member yet - he is still honing his potentially deadly abilities under Ibby's tutelage - I have a good feeling that, before too long, he'll be proudly serving alongside us on missions.

Blaze's symbol is fairly straightforward, an Interlac "B" surrounded by a ring of fire, but it is worth noting that I used the same scaling on the letter as I did for that of the earlier Invisible Brainiac one, tying them together as a matched pair.

Oh my gosh, i love it Ex! Boy, I feel honored. Thank you. *blush*
From: in your dreams | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Blaze is so polite, isn't he?

And so cute when he blushes [Wink]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex,

Been away for a long time and look what I missed.

GiGi loves her logo. And a for me, Wow!!, A logo showing Faraway powers always seemed too abstract to show. So I really like the idea you had for this.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, wow, these are awesome. I would use mine for my avatar if I knew how to do it...
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

-
Novelty, for those who don't know, is a huge toy collector and particularly likes "The Masters of the Universe" figures, so if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull", the logo for which I chose here.

This is what happens when I go back to lurking on the KYLW thread... I'm not sure if I should be flattered or afraid that I have a stalker. LOL.

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

You've got a "Stalker"? Sweet!

That's that Ditko sword and sorcery guy, right? What... did they make a figure of him as part of that "Warlord" action figure line in the mid-80's? [Wink]

--------------------

Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Thanks for the nice words, everybody!

Today we've got three LMBers who will have you seeing red: Crymsun Kid, Dave Hackett (also known as Rouge), and - because it wouldn't be a Legion without a traitor - our old turncoat, the Red Bee:

-
 -
 -

For Crymsun, I tossed around a couple idea (Crimson Tide, King Crimson) before finding something on the web claiming that the name, "Crymsun" signifies "bloodshed". Personally, I think that might be a bit dubious but, eh, any port in a storm. I used a swipe from the chest logo of the most recent incarnation of the Crimson Avenger from JSA.

For Dave, I thought of tying his Rouge name to the "Moulin Rouge" and maybe using a windmill... it's French... he's a big music fan... but decided that was too much of a stretch. Instead, I just kept it simple and went with the chest logo of the character he uses as an avatar, the "Legends of Dead Earth" Wildfire.

And for the Bee, uber-simple... but I think uber-effective, too. There is something about the combination of the size and repitition of the honeycomb pattern that just says "menance" to me. It suggests both a single minded efficiency and looming threat. How could the LMB not know he would betray them?

Up next:

"Hey! You totally forget one of the "red" ones!"

"I didn't forget her, I just thought she would be better grouped in a whole "Next Generation" LMB thing. It's the next one up, and you're in it, too."

"Right... I'm so sure."

Wow, I had never seen this before. Thanks so much!
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.