Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
I have a suggestion for mine: an open book.

That's too funny, that's actually the exact idea I had for you... great minds, and all that. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Cannot wait to see with what he comes up with for me.

I have a couple ideas for yours, Dev, but I'm not entirely satisfied with either... I need to give yours a bit of a think.

So, this round we have a few of the more successful proprietors of Legion World, respectively the owners of Cafe Cramer, The Super Law Firm... of Space, and, of course, SHAKES Bar - Fat Cramer, Quislet Esq., and Semi Transparent Fellow:

-
 -
 -

Next up: an Interlac Interlude... as we have a guy with something to say, and two others for whom a single letter says it all.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ex, you're damn brillaint, you know that? I swear, you're like Paul McCartney in how you take what at first feels like little ideas and turn them into something hugely magical.

Love mine, which is perfect (and matches my graemlin). Love everyone else as well, especially this latest batch.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I like mine. I was expecting a gavel or something. I like this a lot better than what I was thinking.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Mine should be easy.
From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Paul McCartney? Thanks, Cobie, but trust me, with this nose I'll never get beyond Ringo. [Wink]

Ok, so this next batch is a bit simple as it's the "Interlac" section, but I think conceptually they fit well. So up next is... well... me to start, followed by Rickshaw and Varalent:

-
 -
 -

I couldn't imagine Rick's being anything but and, as I said above, "Vee" and "Ex" are about as clear a connection as they come. For mine I also like how the sort of "hourglass" shape calls to mind all the time-traveling my character has done over the past couple years.

To supplement this "breather" round, I also gathered up all the ones I've done so far to see how they lay out together:

-

Pretty spiffy, though the gold sheen effect doesn't really carry through in the smaller size. I'll have to redo that when the whole group is done.

For tomorrow's batch: It's Ladies' Night!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
where's mine? [Frown]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

It's on the schedule, sb. Trust me, when I get a taste for doing something I like, I get obsessive about doing it fully.

Wait... how many Legion Worlders are there? Over 1500 you say? OK, well maybe not fully but I'll try to do at least the top 100, plus a few other lower ranked posters who are nevertheless prominent.

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] yeah over 1500!!! Sure can't wait! [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i'm number 41.

[Big Grin]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
i'm number 41.

[Big Grin]

You really like that number, don't you? [Smile]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
It seems to like me.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

say....once you get those symbols established, can we use them as our avatars?
Exnihil

Next up, three lovely ladies - Arachne, Fanfic Lady, and Tempest:

-
 -
 -

I'm actually very happy with the Tempest one, because it's so simple and yet works on multiple levels. It is a Celtic symbol that I think evokes not only her current name (with the form of the wave) but also her previous backstory with the Witches of Avalon (a trio of women).

Up next: No fewer than five entries. In honor of that number, let's say that name of each will contain a "V". (Even stranger, now that I look at the list, each one has a "V" in the same place in the name. Hint, hint. [Wink] )

[ July 07, 2011, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
say....once you get those symbols established, can we use them as our avatars?

You can always request that it be made into an avatar. The request thread is in the Science Police forum

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh, these are very cool. I especially like Rocky's, Quis' and Fat Cramer's. Great job!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.