Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Can I have one too? I know I haven't been around much, besides posting sketches and talking to Candle.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely, SK, I was already planning on doing so. It might take a little while, because I'm planning on doing about 100 or so of these, but you're on the docket. [Smile]

Just a note for those who have been checking these out. The more I looked at the "cleome" one I did, the more I just really didn't like it.

It was too involved (it was actually nine different layers in Photoshop), and too much detail gets lost in this format. It's better to keep them simple, so I'm scrapping that one (the post is edited) and I'll give it another try later. Sorry, cleome, if you didn't see it, but trust me, it wasn't very good.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK, next up... five with a "V". We have: Dev Em, Invisible Brainiac, Bevis (formerly Lucien Lad), Novelty, and Poverty Lad:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Bevis and Pov's are their own character's chest logos that I believe each of them created themselves.

Invisible Brainiac is obviously just a combo of the existing logos for Invisible Kid II and Brainiac 5.

Novelty, for those who don't know, is a huge toy collector and particularly likes "The Masters of the Universe" figures, so if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull", the logo for which I chose here.

For Dev I went through a ton of different combinations of elements to capture his half Durlan/half Daxamite character - antennae, spit curls, Tudor collars, cape disks - before I finally just boiled it down to the design here. So simple, but I think really effective. As a bonus, I noticed after I sized it that the buzz-cut lines on the left side pull the eye to the right side, where the absence of them suggests the letter "D".

Up next: Which three letter Legion Worlder beginning with S has a connection to ancient Egypt? Well... two actually.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ah Set!! and ..... hmmm Seth?

I love them all - they are really innovative and awesome, esp, Dev and Bevis! [Smile]

[ July 08, 2011, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: superboymddjr ]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

Just a note for those who have been checking these out. The more I looked at the "cleome" one I did, the more I just really didn't like it.

It was too involved (it was actually nine different layers in Photoshop), and too much detail gets lost in this format. It's better to keep them simple, so I'm scrapping that one (the post is edited) and I'll give it another try later. Sorry, cleome, if you didn't see it, but trust me, it wasn't very good.

Didn't see it, but I'm fine if you just wanna use a slightly decorative letter "C" or even a green leaf shape or something, Ex. The spider lily is a pretty complex shape, I agree. In the abstract, it doesn't really read as "flower" in the way that a daisy or rose would.

No rush.

(BTW, so far my favorite is Quislet's. The little necktie is just soooooo cute!)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with supes that Dev's and Bevis' are wonderfully appropriate.
Lucien/Bev were always SO blingy and Dev's is really an amazingly good design, period.
sigh

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
So much better than anything that I would have come up with.

Thanks. Love it!

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
 -

Bevis and Pov's are their own character's chest logos that I believe each of them created themselves...[/QB]

[Yes]

Hahaha! This is great, Ex... they ALL have been great! Nice work! [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
OK, next up... five with a "V". We have: Dev Em, Invisible Brainiac, Bevis (formerly Lucien Lad), Novelty, and Poverty Lad:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Bevis and Pov's are their own character's chest logos that I believe each of them created themselves.

Invisible Brainiac is obviously just a combo of the existing logos for Invisible Kid II and Brainiac 5.

Whoa, thanks exnihil! I love it! Maybe I'll even use it on Facebook [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Use it without explanation. I just might as well.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder what our parents would think. I know my mom would message me right away. Maybe I'll tell her it's a logo for a super-secret cult... of SPACE!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Whoa, thanks exnihil! I love it! Maybe I'll even use it on Facebook [Big Grin]

That's...that's a COOL IDEA! [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Mine's up with a thanks to Ex.
Exnihil

Thanks so much, everybody! I'm so glad you're all enjoying them as much as I enjoy making them.

Next round coming up on the top of the next page in about 5 mins.

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.