Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Post Zero Hour Fan Fiction (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Post Zero Hour Fan Fiction
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
Mission # 2: time institute.

“Brainy are you sure this is the place to go? Cosmic Boy asked.
“If Rond is here then I think he's a good person to ask for help. He might even know how to find out if we could return to our own universe. If it might exist somehow. Besides its a good resource for technology and research. Also we can use every ally we can get here.” Brainy didn't look up from his omnicom as he continued to fly on.

“Fair enough.” Cosmic Boy didn't have much reason to really question it. He just wanted some reassurance.

“Anybody else feeling a little weird...”Andromeda's speed started to slow down as she began to loose air. Before long she began to fall completely out of the sky. Instinctively Brainy reached out with his force field to catch her. But his reach wasn't far enough. But Cosmic Boy's magnetic reach was.

“I've got her!” Cosmic Boy said effortlessly as he latched on to her Flight ring and utility belt. Slowly they lowered themselves to the street below.

“Whats happening?” Ferro said as he landed rushing to Andromeda’s side.
“I'm not sure...” Brainy landed right next to Andromeda's body. He began scanning her with his omnicom.

“Its not her lead allergy is it?” Cosmic Boy asked.
“No.. I mean it shouldn't be. I made sure that they didn't inject her with anything lead and my serum should still be holding...assuming that the properties of lead in this reality are they same as those of our own...”

Andromeda's body began to convulse.
“Cosmic Boy restrain her.” Brainy ordered.
Doing his best to grab near by metal to encase Andromeda in with out hurting her was harder than he thought it would be. She began to break threw everything that he wrapped around her. Ferro tried to grab hold of her.

“Anchor me!” He yelled to Cosmic Boy. Cosmic Boy switched his focus from the extra metal to Ferro himself.
“What's wrong with her?” Umbra said as she threw up a Dark field in front of them. “Hopefully this will provide enough cover.”
“Alright..the scanner seems to be showing...the nanaites are attacking her...?
“What do you mean they are attacking her?” Cosmic Boy asked
“I don't know why...”Brainy continued to scan her. Even though his calm exterior anyone could see he was starting to fall apart. He didn't know how to fix her.
“Could the nanaites be able to recognize her as a Damaxiet even though her file says otherwise?” Umbra suggested.
“That must be it...alright.. if I just connect to the nannites remote sensors and shut off the extermination protocols...and then maybe change the DNA register...”As Brainy explained what he was doing to her, Andromeda's mouth began to foam. Her eyes fluttered open but with each flutter lazer beams shot from her eyes.
“Brainy! Watch out! Umbra called.
Instinctively his force field wet up around him. But at the same moment blocked her eye beams from coming out.
“Thank you! I've got it.” Brainy replied as he attached several small pads to Andromeda's face. Connecting his omnicom's wireless functions. Sending several pulls of energy through Andromeda's body. He hoped this would correct the nanaites. At least for the time being. Slowly the convulsions stopped, as did her eyes fluttering laser beams.

“Did it work?” Ferro said sheepishly.
“Yes, I think so. At least for now. She seems to be stable. And the omnicom says she'll be alright soon. She just needs to rest for a second.
“So what really caused it? Cosmic Boy asked.
“Yes, the information I’m receiving is saying that. It identified her DNA as Damaxiet and since they are on lock down it seems that the nannites have a subdue/exterminate function...This might give some validity to M'Onel's theory...”
“Then that's something well have to deal with soon enough.” Cosmic Boy said. He voice was stern.

Andromeda began to slowly rouse as Ferro helped place her against a wall. Brainy took one more reading of her vitals before trying to fully wake her.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I started reading these tonight, I really like your handle on the characterisations and the situations you're setting up! I really like this Legion, it's interesting how a lot of characters are in both the retroboot and the Archie Legion but are very different in both.. [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

i'm so glad your liking it! its true that they are very different.

Awesome! thank you so much I always try to make sure that i have their voices down and that what i'm doing is interesting but true to the characters.

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the Danny Blaine reference! And Brainy involving Kid Q in a plan without her consent so it would work better is absolutely like him, lol [Smile]

I like the different Triads too...I miss Triad!

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

me too! i honestly miss this version of the team. its the one i grew up with and loved so much!

i always thought the bickering amongst herself was always interesting.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Love having Chuck show up too! I hope versions of Kinetix and Gates and XS are next [Razz]

Having Brainy not tell Kid Q what he was up to is classic. Sounds like him alright!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

lol thanks IB! gotta attribute that to you! you def helped give me the idea!

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

“I may have to study her reaction to these nannites a bit more closely though.”
“Will you have time for that?” Cosmic Boy asked.
“I'm not sure. But we'll figure that out after we finish this mission.”

Andromeda slowly stood and cleaned herself off and Umbra dropped her dark field.
“Well I guess this means that the rings do counter the nannites monitoring of our powers.” Umbra said as she stretched her fingers.

“Yes it does. I knew they would work. Laurel how are you feeling?” Brainy said he checked in on Andromeda.

“I think I'll live. Alright lets get going before anything else happens.” Andromeda began to take off towards the time institute. The others fallowed suite. They were close to the institute when they landed. So it wasn't long before they were at main entrance.

“Please state your purpose?” Came and automated voice from the entry way doors.

“We have an appointment with Rond Vidar.” Brainy said plainly.
“Please state your name.”
“Querl Dox of the planet Colu.”
“You may enter.” the voice said serenely.
“Alright everyone here we go. Lets see what we can learn.” Cosmic Boy says trying to reassure the others.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

Interlude: New Headquarters (Karate Kid, Wildfire, M'onel)

Karate Kid and Wildfire descended a little while after everyone else did. The registration line they were in was longer. A little while later Wildfire had melted and blasted almost every piece of metal he was given. His frustrations being worked out on the metal.

“Slag this.” Wildfire yelled as he let off some energy blast at several metal beams that Chuck asked him to dispose of.
“Drake... Calm yourself.” M'onel said
“What? Chuck asked me to do this.”
“You don't want to draw to much suspicion to us. Chuck and his crew can't know what this place is really to be.
“M'on, Brainy said he'd signed a secrecy contract. And he's already seen us fly and see Vi lift 50 tons of scrap metal and shrink down to her normal size. I think we'll be OK.”
“I just don't want to take any chances. We don't know enough about this place and he might not be anything like our Chuck.” M'onel said gracefully hovering off the ground a bit.
“Yah I know. But we're just working here just like he is.” Wildfire fired of another blast.
“I know. I'm just very suspicious about this reality. Some things seem too familiar. It sets me on alert and I just keep waiting for something to happen.”

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

“M'onel, for right now we just gotta take it day by day. This place may not be what it seems but if we look for trouble we will surly find it.” Karate Kid said entering the conversation

“Yeah kid's right.” Wildfire Chimed in.
“True...I'm also concerned with this whole Daxam lock down thing. I want to make sure they aren't in any real trouble.” M'onel's planetary ties have never felt so strong before. It was odd to him. He's been a phantom for a thousand years, but yet somehow the void was worse than the Phantom Zone. There he still got to see, hear and experience the world. But in the void it wasn't like that. All he had was his teammates. And even though they all had be come so close there were still many who didn't know who he really was. Wildfire and Karate Kid were included in that group.

“M'onel, we'll figure that out. But lets take it one step at a time.”. Karate Kid
“Yeah and we'll be there to back ya up with whatever happens.” Wildfire reassured him.
“We'll you should still keep it easy. Remember you energy is finite.
“I know! Look i'm glad you all care about me. But I wish you'd all stop babying me. I'm going to be useful and i'm going to help where I can and I'll be careful but every use of my energy isn't going to kill me.”
“We just want you to be careful that's all.” Karate Kid said.
“And I will be. Just let me do what I got to do. Besides i'm millions of years old. How finite can I be.” Wildfire said trying to end on a joke.

After that M'onel and Karate Kid continued to move supplies around. Karate Kid used his hyper sensitivity to finding weaknesses for place for M'onel and Wildfire to help strengthen.

“Drake, could you blast a few beams and scrap over here as well? I need this melted down. I'm going to reuse the metal. Its this thing called recycling materials. Its something they used to do in the early part of the 21st century. I was researching it the other day and when this project came up I thought it would be a great choice! Oh sorry... I didn't mean to give you an architecture lesson. Haha. I'm just really excited for this project. Its allowing me to do a few things I’ve always wanted to try but haven't had the chance.” Chuck smiled as he wandered over to see how the work was going.

“We'll thanks for the lesson Chuck. And no problem. I'll get to it in a second.” Wildfire returned to melting the metal.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

“And M'onel was it?”
“Yes, it is. What can I do for you?” I've got a bunch of supplies that need to be moved around. Could you help with that? Maybe even help hold a few beams up, because I did see you lift somethings like Vi did earlier right?”
“Yes you did. I'm more than willing to help. Where do you want me?”
“Could you do those beams up there with Vi. I need those held up while she bolts them to the ceiling.”
“Sure thing.” M'onel glided towards Vi as she grew to 20 meters.
“This is really going to be a great renovation. We'll be done in no time with all of your help. Thank you all so much.” Chuck's enthusiasm was so strong that M'onel couldn't help but smile.

“I think he's a lot like our Chuck.” Karate Kid whispered to Wildfire
“Yeah, I got that sense too.” Wildfire said as he slagged a couple more beams.

[ June 27, 2012, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Omni ]

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

Mission # 2: Time Institute (Team: Brainy, Umbra, Ferro, Andromeda, Cosmic Boy.)
“I hope this gives us more answers than questions...” Cosmic Boy thought to himself. He was determined to keep the team together.
“Hey Cos?” Ferro's timid voice squeaked out through the silence
“Yes?” Cosmic Boy replied stiffly.
“Do you think this Rond can help us? I mean what exactly can the time institute do for us?”
“I'm not sure.. but Brainy must have a reason for us coming here. Who knows maybe in this reality they've figured out dimensional travel and they could potentially get us to a reality that's closer to our own.” Cosmic Boy tried to sound reassuring but even he wasn't sure he could fool himself.
“I do actually and Cosmic Boy your assumption is right. I figured this place might be good start to see about inter dimensional travel. Also, if they have time travel we might be able to travel back in time to the moment before our universe went white and maybe stop it from being destroyed.” Brainy said calmly.

They all stood there stunned at what he has said. They all knew that the past couldn't be changed. But that was what he wanted to do. After so many lectures from Brainy about preserving the past when they time traveled to hear him say this was more than questionable.

“Brainy, what do you mean stop it from being destroyed?”
“Well not stop it but maybe help relocate it...”
“We can't change the past I thought?” Cosmic Boy says cautiously.
“Yeah you've only beaten that into our heads a trillion times.” Umbra's sarcastic nature reared its head.
“Yes, we can't change the past. We are not allowed to. But clearly we have. We've influenced the past more times than we know. So how do we know we can't change that part of the past; without at least looking at it as an option. I'm not by any means saying that this is the course of action we will take. But we can at least investigate the option.” Brainy stated his case calmly and reasonably.
“That's a very good case and your right. It is something we'll all be talking about together before any decisions are made.” Cosmic Boy instructed him.

The conversation stopped after this point because they group neared the entrance to Rond Vidar's office. The hallway was brightly lit. The walls were all white and a white carpet lined the walls. Making it almost seem less is design. The few pieces of furniture were chairs and side tables. But all were floating each using technology from Brral using devices to magnetically hold the chairs and tables off the ground. The minimalist look of Rond's office felt alien to them. Their Rond's office was so much more inviting than this. As they walked down to the sliding white doors, each couldn't help but feel as if this was like being in the void again. After all they've been through this place is the one place that they feel as if there is no hope. Brainy tries to ignore his feelings of insecurity about his failure of getting people home or at least to a proximity of home by continuing to work on several other items on his to do list.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

“How may I help you today?” a voice came from behind a tall black floating chair.
“Mr. Rond Vidar, I assume?” Brainy asked.
“Yes, that would be me and what can I do for you?” Rond turned the chair around but didn't look up from him omnicom.
“We've come to you for some help of sorts.” Brainy said.
“What kind of help can I possibly give you?”
“We'll before we get into that, let me introduce myself. My name is Querl Dox, also known as Brianiac 5 and this...” But before he could finish his sentence Rond moved from behind his desk and sat on the front edge of his desk. His eyes were wide with wonder as he looked at Brainy. You could see all the questions he had for him.
“Are you really a Brainiac?”
“Yes, I'm the 5th person to officially take that title. Now let me introduce my companions, this is Tasmia Mallor, Andrew Nolan, Lurael Gand, and Rokk Krinn. We've come to talk to you about your time travel research and your viewing capabilities of past events.” Brainy's matter of fact tone seemed to not phase Rond at all.
“Well I’m sorry to tell you this Mr. Brainiac the 5th, but there is no time research. Well not actually field research. We were shut down by the U.P. Now we're able to still view the past, learn from it but no actual time travel. Besides there's some weird event in the past that's not allowing us to view anything before the 21st century and at least the first half of it...” Rond returned his gaze to his omnicom to try and conceal his disappointment.
“Wait what do you mean no time travel? Its something that I know you worked very hard on...” But as Brainy said this he realized that without his intervention time travel in the reality was stunted. “I mean I’ve read a bunch of articles you've published and some of your research.”
“Well yes, I’ve got theories but there is no funding for practical application of those theories. So there for there is no time travel. The time viewer is moderate. It still needs improvement but very good.” Rond replied.
“But with threshold technology...that could make time travel highly probably...”
“Threshold technology?...Oh you mean the new slipstream travel?”
“Slipstream??” Brainy said cocking his head to the side.
“yeah, its just been recently discovered. I haven't had the chance to really get a look at the mechanics of it. But I sure can't wait too.” Rond smiled as he cleaned his glasses.
“I see.” Brainy began to rethink and reformulate his plans. Without a functional time institutes resources it would take longer to try and find a true way home.
“Was there anything else I could do for you?”
“uhmm...do you have a feed that we could follow to keep up with your findings? Cosmic Boy chimed in.
“Yes of course. I'll data that to your omnicom now. Its always refreshing to see people take an interest in chronological studies.”

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Couple of things I really like from the above: the description of Rond's office and the finishing conversation where they discuss getting access to a feed of his findings. Little things like that help create a complete world beyond just the main characters [Smile]

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

thanks! i realized i need more descriptions in this world!

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.