Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Loss: A Tribute to the Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Loss: A Tribute to the Post Zero Hour Legion of Superheroes
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni:
Villains are a good way to go...you could do that for Thunder... yet another one i wish they did more with!

There is a villain we could use for Thunder, but I have someone else in mind for her [Smile]

Maybe Alux Cuspin for Cosmic Boy? Hmmm...

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
he's a good one...maybe combine him and
Domain, maybe he recruits Domain to try and find him again...
but i'd also think i'd want to see his brother... maybe his brother moves up again to the legion.. foot steps and all... a legacy character or two is nice...

i swear if you have Captain Marvel, make an appearance or have her return and see the changes i'm so going to start thinking i'm in your head!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

That could work. I have included Pol in the new Legion, though he hasn't actually appeared on-screen yet. Maybe Pol and Cuspin could have a little chat.

[LOL] Or you could just be a really good guesser!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

ooo that means i'm either right or really close ;p

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

You get a gold star [Wink] Thanks for all the ideas you're throwing around. It's helped me figure out some of my own posts.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

any time! its helping me as well!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Just a note, but the following are the current active Legionnaires in this new universe:

NIGHTWIND [Nightwind - reboot]
INFECTIOUS LASS [Infectious Lass - reboot]
POLAR BOY [Polar Boy - reboot]
BABBAGE [Babbage]
MAGNETIC KID
LADY MYSA - THE WHITE WITCH
LUME [Lume]
PARTICON [Particon]
IMPULSE (KENT SHAKESPEARE)

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

i love that your using Lume!

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not finding a bunch on Lume or Babbage online. What sort of abilities did they have?

Enjoying the tributes, as always, and searching around for information is cluing me to all sorts of forgotten characters, like Amp Girl and Retro. Neat!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. A lot has been going on in real life but I already have outlines for the next four Legionnaires.

Lume is a sentient who seems to be composed of light energy. He/she/it appeared in LSHv4 66 as a potential Legionnaire who declined to join because he "couldn't leave homeworld to go into space - space is dark'. Lume appeared again in Legionnaires 56, assisting M'Onel in repelling a Khund raid on Lume's homeworld.

Babbage is the Robotican Legion cadet who appeared in Legion 25 (I think). Nothing is known of its abilities.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I should have a few posts up this weekend [Smile]

Set, I'm glad my writing has inspired you to learn more about the characters I've been mentioning! A few of them are originals created for this, but several are minor characters who've popped up in the comics.

I'd also like to acknowledge Omni, who has been sharing a lot of ideas with me via PM. It's awesome meeting another diehard Postboot Legion fan who wants to keep that era and its characters alive [Smile]

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

AWWW thanks IB!!! i agree we need to see these characters more and i can't wait for what you have in store for us!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

M’ONEL [M Onel - Post-Boot]

Shvaughn Erin sat with her back straight, feet flat on the floor. The badge on her chest marked her as a Captain of the Science Police; it gleamed with care. It should; she’d only had it a few months, granted for her outstanding service in helping to fill the void after the Legion of Superheroes had disappeared.

Shvaughn had worked closely with RJ Brande, Chuck Taine, and the new Legionnaires led by Nightwind in order to organize and train the new team. It wasn’t quite the same yet, but the new kids were getting there.

She was helping keep the Legion alive in other ways, too. Like now.

An aide scampered up to her and whispered, “Are you ready, Lieutenant? You have 15 minutes for your segment.” Shvaughn smiled and nodded. While she didn’t love the camera, she didn’t hate it, either.

She had also carefully considered what topics to discuss. Nothing personal, of course – she’d stick to his good works as a Legionnaire.

As to the rumors, she would lie if she had to. Even with him gone, there were aspects of his life that he deserved to be kept private. And who was to say that he wouldn’t come back? They all would, eventually.

“Lieutenant Erin?” Hannah Wells’ voice jolted her our of her reverie. “Can you comment on why M’Onel was the sole Legionnaire approached by Earthgov to remain active?”

“I’m not privy to what was going on in President McCauley’s – or Ra’s al Ghul’s – mind when he decided that. The Science Police had nothing to do with it. But official sources say it was a combination of M’Onel’s power and the respect he’d earned during his tenure as a Legionnaire.”

“Nobody can argue the extent of his power, but some analysts speculate as to why just M’Onel? Why not also Legion founder Cosmic Boy; former leader Invisible Kid, who had close ties with Earthgov; Sensor, princess of Orando?

Because that bastard Ra’s probably knew M’Onel was the legendary Valor, and wanted him firmly under his thumb as much as possible, thought Shvaughn. “Any Legionnaire would have been a fine choice, but the Anti-Vigilante law had just been passed. I’d assume that bringing in too many Legionnaires would be considered toeing too close to the line he himself drew.”

“As we all know, despite his great power, M’Onel was always one of the Legionnaires more distant from the public. He never revealed his real name, or his homeworld. Did he have something to hide?”

Shvaughn almost bristled at that idea. Yes, he did have something to hide – but it was something noble and inspirational. She couldn’t reveal that, though. That secret was his alone.

“M’Onel was a very private man.” True. “I cannot say for certain why he didn’t reveal anything about his past,” Partially true – she only found out about it while they were trapped in the timestream, and she had respected M’Onel’s silence by not bringing it up, “but what I can say is that he was a very noble man, a loyal friend, a compassionate hero and a model Legionnaire.” All definitely true.

Hannah Wells nodded. Shvaughn could see that Hannah knew not to press further on the issue. “In any case, several comparisons have been drawn between M’Onel and the legendary hero Valor, whom the Legion failed to rescue a while back. It is curious that M’Onel appeared a short time after this failed rescue, and that the Legion never attempted it once more. We are due for a break now, but we will delve deeper into it afterwards.”

As the holocams turned off, Hannah stood and approached Shvaughn. “I wonder if you noticed that…”

“…that the break came early? Yes, I did. Thank you.”

“I shouldn’t be surprised that you did. You are Captain after all. Listen, I just wanted to say that, whatever the truth is, I will respect his right to privacy. He deserved that much. As a journalist, I am bound to uncover the truth… but I won’t force it out of you, or anyone else.”

Shvaughn almost cocked an eyebrow at that, but stopped. Hannah truly did seem to have changed from her days as “Trudi Trusoe”. “Thank you, I appreciate that. M’Onel was a great man, and I’m sure he would be pleased to be compared to Valor. However, whatever his past, I still believe it is for him to reveal.”

Hannah just nodded, and excused herself. Shvaughn took a moment to close her eyes. When M’Onel comes back… let him decide whether to reveal it all. At least I kept his trust.

[ August 19, 2012, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

LEVIATHAN [Leviathan]

“Looks like our Captain is well on her way to becoming a holo celebrity,” came the amused comment from the Lieutenant with the close-cropped brown hair. “Greetings, Ma’am.”

Shvaughn smiled as she waved her hand. “You don’t need to do that, you know. Not when we’re off-duty, anyway. And you know I’m only appearing on these shows because of my role as Legion liaison officer.”

“I don’t know how you do it. I mean, Captain AND Legion liaison officer, and all these appearances? Are you sure you’re not part Carggite?”

“Sometimes I wish I were,” Shvaughn said with a hint of a sigh. “But the Thresholds make it easier, and to be honest my staff does most of the report filing and grunt work. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else, frankly.” Gigi nodded at that. “But enough about me,” Shvaughn continued. “How’s the new assignment going?”

Gigi paused for a moment. A couple of months back, she had been assigned to lead the Science Police contingent on Legion World itself. She still had mixed feelings about it, and many of her Science Police colleagues knew that.

“Better than I expected, frankly. The more I work with the Legionnaires, the more I come to find myself respecting them. I no longer see the Legion as something that stole Gim away from me. The Legion was his home too; it just happened to coincide with the home he had with his family, me, and the Science Police.” She took a sip of her drink at that. It was true, but still a little bit painful. “Since he was one of the first to… One of the first the Legion lost, he also tends to be forgotten, so to speak.”

“But the new Legion has made it to a point to celebrate each and every former Legionnaire. Even the first Kid Quantum, and still-living ones like Magno and Thunder.” Shvaughn stated it as a matter of fact, and Gigi was grateful that her friend was being gentle.

“True, but you know how sentients are, Shvaughn. Still… I do appreciate that the people who mattered to Gim do make it a point to remember him. People like me, and you, and RJ Brande, Chuck Taine, Tenzil Kem… Also, being able to drill my new team in the tactics Gim developed helps keep him alive.”

“Those were the ones he instructed the SP on early on, right?”

Gigi nodded. Funny how the Science Police and the Legion owed each other so much. Leviathan and Saturn Girl had come from SP ranks, but they and their comrades, such as Karate Kid, had taught the Science Police a lot, too.

“Actually, Shvaughn… Ma’am… That’s what I wanted to talk to you about. We’ve already integrated the training module that Karate Kid helped develop into Science Police training. But I think we can do more.”

“Tell me more.”

Gigi smiled. She knew Shvaughn would be receptive. This was a great way to keep Leviathan and his legacy alive, and strengthen both organizations. “Well, we’re expecting the Legion to grow rapidly in size, and they already have several cadets. At the same time, the Science Police are facing more and more lawbreakers with posthuman abilities…”

The two women sat, food untouched, as they made plans for the future, all the while honoring the past.

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

i like this and can't wait to see what it is they want to do.. that is if you go into it...

M'Onel's is really good! i like Shvaughn's inner monologue mixed with her real responses.

also trying to pm but it keeps telling me your inbox is full. got an idea for you!

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.