Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Action Figures (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: LMB Action Figures
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
This is looking fantastic Ex!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Still the coolest thing ever!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tempest:
It IS looking great.

That picture also looks a little like voodoo..

That would explain the shoulder pain...
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Well...

He's not quite finished yet (I still need to do some highlights on his epaulettes and a little emergency clay surgery on his right wrist where the "transplant" didn't marry up as well as I want) but...

I heard that Dev was feeling a bit down and figured that if this didn't cheer him up, I'd eat my hat:

-

Almost there... mini-Dev... almost there!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
w00t!!!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK... I know it's been a looooooong time coming but... finally... it's:

"Dev of Two Worlds"

Conclusion: Dev-End!

You all would have remembered, many moons ago, I decided to try to take:

- The body of a "Captain Typho" figure,

- The arms of a "Lobot" figure

- And the head of a Dark Horse Comics "Stormtrooper" figure

-

and somehow transform them into a single figure that combined the overall image of Dev Em as envisioned by Sketch Lad, atop the boots designed by Viridis Lament:

-

Well... I'm pleased to say that Dr. Ex's experiment is a rousing success, as our Frankenstein-like hybrid on the left has now officially been added as LMB Action Figure #2 on the right... Dev Em!

-

Work it, Dev... shake that booty:

-

He joins the first figure, Lard Lad:

-

as they wage a never ending - but tiny little 1/18th scale - battle for truth, justice, and the Legion World Way.

The Dev figure is slightly taller than Lardy... but I think it actually makes it a bit more realistic. If I'm not mistaken, I believe the real world Dev is actually rather tall himself.

-

So... no project is ever really done (I think, later on I'd like to try to do a cast of the Dev figure's head and make a second one -more Durlan-colored and with antennae) but, for now, I think it's time say "Finis" on this one.

Sorry it took so long, Dev, but I hope you dig it.

Up Next:

I said earlier that Figure Number 3 would likely be Cobalt Kid, but I'm still shopping around for a few parts for that... so, in the interim, I pinged one of our other LMB members to see if he liked some ideas I had for his figure.

I hope he replies back. If not, that could be... well...

...a real calamity. [Wink]

[ June 23, 2012, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
OH MY FRACK! these are so good.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

That goes beyond expectations Ex. Phenomenal work as always.

Thank you so much.

Dev - Em
KIA

...and I am 6'4" in real life.

Dev, the character, I always imagined a bit taller than the rest anyway. Around 6'6" or more.

Love the pic of Dev and Lardy. This is going to keep getting better and better.

Exnihil

So I got the thumbs up from the mystery LMBer and that means - once I get the base figure in - I can start working on LMB Action Figure #3:

Eryk Davis Ester!

For the over all design for Eryk's figure, I'll be working off a slightly modified version of some sketches done a while back by Kid Marvel. He had a couple of different takes on Eryk that were each very cool :

-

I'm basically going to be using the first design, but with a couple tweaks:

- I'm going to lose the "L" symbols, as that's more of an LSH signifier

- I'm dropping the glasses

- And I'm going to close up the bottom of the shirt (a lot of Joey's designs favor the bare midriff and - while they look cool in his drawings - I don't think I can translate that to this format).

Additionally, I am going to incorporate the choker from the second drawing, as well as the fact that Eryk has blonde hair (all other drawings I've seen of EDE, except that first one, are blonde).

So, after a little quick Photoshop hacking... the end design will be more like this:

-

For a base figure I'll be using a guy from the "Attack of the Clones" movie called... ugh... Elan Sleazebaggano (someone please stop George Lucas). He is, quite possibly, the only drug dealer ever shown in a Star Wars movie, who offers to sell Obi Wan something called "death sticks". Here's the fig:

-

I really like him for Eryk because of the slenderness of the figure and the nice start on the "groovy" wardrobe. Additionally I think the height of the "rockabilly" hairdo will be a nice help to fashioning Eryk's "nelly cap".

As a totally sweet bonus, I was able to pick him up fairly cheaply in a two pack that came with the corresponding Obi Wan figure (which, depending on how it looks, I might use the lower half of for when I do the Cobalt Kid figure).

And - what's more - they each come with half of a cantina bar that connect together:

-

Can you say, "LMB Action Figure Playset"?

SHAKES bar, here we come! [Smile]

[ June 24, 2012, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm blown away AGAIN by how brilliant an Ex-final product is. Dev looks too cool for words!

I can't wait to see what you do with Eryk! I already like your revised design via Photoshop.

And I had no idea Cobalt Kid was in the queue! I'm honored! That's just such an awesome feeling!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Talk about one-of-a-kind collectibles... these are utterly incredible. Dev's tallness suits him very well!!

And I can't wait to see what is sure to be a groovy EDE figure!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
AWESOME! Can't wait to see more [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex, is there anything you can't do???

This is all amazing!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Bump for new page

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.