Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Action Figures (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: LMB Action Figures
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
No worries Ex. And I can't wait to see that other character brought to 'life.'
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
No rush Ex, just wondering if there had been any progress...or if the replacement had not come in yet.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry for the delay, Dev.

I did get the replacement piece, but had to temporarily put this project on the back burner as my free weekend time has been mostly occupied with a construction project on the macro scale as opposed to the micro (I'm converting a spare bedroom into a "meditation room" for the hippy-dippy Mrs. Nihil. [Wink] )

I am moving into the phase of that construction project that will have more downtime, though - staining wood and painting walls and such - so I should be able to do some more work on this in fairly short order.

Thanks for your patience.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

No prob, just wondering is all. Take your time.
Exnihil

Oh... all right, Dev... you guilted me in to starting up again. [Wink]

Just kidding, man... I was actually pretty worn out from home improvement stuff yesterday, so I figured it might be a bit relaxing to work on this today, instead.

So...

"Dev of Two Worlds"

Part 6: Back Where We Started, Here We Go Round Again...

So. as I mentioned above, I did get a replacement tunic after accidentally melting the last one. Looks exactly the same, of course:

-

I dremeled it down to size to match the length of the one in Dean's drawing:

-

...then shaped it a bit with the Xacto knife, the pick, and a light grain sandpaper, adding some folds and better defining the beltline where I had removed the original pouches:

-

I then busted out the clay to connect the front to the sides, and also added the belt loops (there are five altogether, I just used the spacing of those on my jeans as a pattern-guide for the back):

-

Once bitten, twice shy on using the oven for this piece (it's made out of a very rubbery type of plastic, so I didn't want to risk another mishap. Instead, I just used a hair-dryer:

-

...which gave me much more control over the heat direction and temperature. It worked like a charm... no melting this time.

Then I primed the piece, and reattached it to the legs to make sure that there was no warping. Yep looks good.

As it's black on black, it's very difficult to get a photo which shows the detail. I adjusted the one below, increasing the brightness and lowering the contrast, so you can kind of see what's going on:

-

...but trust me, it looks a lot better in person.

Thanks, Dev, for spurring me on to work on this today... I'm glad I got this particular bit of it done.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL]
<3 the guilt trip and the picture of the hair dryer!
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Hmmm...elections are coming up soon...
Exnihil

You've got a fine career as a lobbyist ahead you, Dev. [Smile]

I know I've been a bum about this project, but it will get off the ground again soon, I promise.

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Ex, everything looks great as always and it's fun seeing the progress. Don't feel too ashamed to take a breather now and then. Creatives need it and you've definitely put in time already.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I musta burned him out! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Thing is, I know Ex will take in the manner intended. I can wait for as long as need be.

...and Lardy...that was a lot of plastic...

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm gone so long sometimes. But when I come back and get to go through a thread like this I get so HAPPY!!

This is so amazing! Really, REALLY, sweet and exciting work you are doing, Ex.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Did you find yourself...attracted...to my action figure, Temp? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh yes, more so than you!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Anything that makes Tempest happy makes LW happy.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.