Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES: an LSH epic! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES: an LSH epic!
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi folks,

So I actually started writing this almost exactly a year ago (eep!) and have finally finished it....I actually had intended on it only being 5 or 6 parts in total, but it ended up being longer. I actually feel like I could have expanded some parts even more and probably cut back on some other parts, but at least it's done now.

As the title says, this is my telling of the War of a bunch of variant Fatal Five groups. My fanfic takes the Legion from where LO3W finished, with the exception that XS and Gates didn't join the retroboot team but stayed with their own friends in the New Wanderers.

Some other quick continuity notes:
* Night Girl is leader of the team, Mon-El is deputy leader
* As of the start of this storyline, the LSH has a cast of 38 active members

Everything else you can probably figure out as you go along....warning: this is reallly long, but if anyone can be bothered going through it and reading the whole thing let me know what y'all think! I am very open to feedback as to what works and what doesn't!

Links to individual chapters follow:
Prelude to a War
WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES Part 1: Old Dogs And New Tricks
WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES Part 2: If Looks Could Kill
WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES Part 3: Dog Days
WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES Part 4: Path of the Axe
WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES Part 5: Multiplicity
WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES Part 6: It All Comes Together
WAR OF THE FATAL FIVES Part 7: The Monster Hunters

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Loving Lydda as leader! Haven't read through it all yet, but i did start on the prelude.

Do you have a full roll call of the 38 members?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
oh, I just realised I haven't put it anywhere! Thanks for bringing it to my attention IB! [Big Grin]

I will go put a current roll call in the user info on the livejournal page....it will contain spoilers for this plot though, so here is a roll call for the team as of the start of this storyline:

BLOK
BOUNCING BOY
BRAINIAC 5
CHAMELEON BOY
CHAMELEON GIRL
COLOSSAL BOY
COMET QUEEN
COSMIC BOY
DAWNSTAR
DIAMOND DAMSEL (this is Iris Jacobs from Karate Kid's old series...the events that led up to her joining are in Time's Infection, which is the first story arc in the archive)
DRAGONMAGE
DREAM GIRL
DUPLICATE DAMSEL
ELASTIC LAD (not Jimmy Olsen, but a new character named Jams-Ols 5 who is basically a tribute)
ELEMENT LAD
INFECTIOUS LASS
INVISIBLE KID II
KID COMPUTO (Danielle Foccart)
LIGHT LAD (another new character with Ayla's old powers)
LIGHTNING LAD
LIGHTNING LASS
MATTER-EATER LAD
MON-EL
NIGHT GIRL
PHANTOM GIRL
POLAR BOY
QUISLET
SENSOR GIRL
SHADOW LASS
SHRINKING VIOLET
SATURN GIRL
STAR BOY
SUN BOY
TELLUS
TIMBER WOLF
TYROC
ULTRA BOY
WILDFIRE

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
Ive read everything you've posted so far and I'm loving your take on this Legion. I actually want to read yours more than I do the current on going.

I love the logic you use and the connected feeling I get from the story and the characters.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Thanks Omni! [Big Grin]

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

any hints at whats to come???

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

I am gonna be doing some done-in-one stories for a bit before getting into any more multi-parters, but here are some teasers:

* some interesting changes for the married couples!
* some interesting changes for the Subs!
* something from Infectious Lass's past comes back to bite her!
* the return of a character who hasn't been seen since the 80's!
* a return to Femnaz!

...as they used to say in the 20th century, "stay tuned to this holo-channel!" (or something to that effect) [Wink]

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

return to Femnaz??? whats that!

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Femnaz is a planet that was used in a not-particularly-subtle story about the Evils of Wimmin back in the day...best synopsis of it I have found is here:

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/08/14/i-love-ya-but-youre-strange-evil-girl-legion-dance-party/

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

just read the post from last night and i really liked it! your done in ones are turning out to be just as good as the chapter ones.

also i love how you brought it back around to where you started with Infectious Lass!

I'm also liking Superboy and Supergirl being there at the same time. i've never been a big fan of having them on the team. but this is working pretty well. i think its a take on them i haven't seen in a long time, if ever actually.

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

I always liked Supergirl in the LSH more than Superboy...but I wanted to write both of them into the team for a while so I can play around with their relationship. I don't remember them ever appearing together all that often in Legion stories, and when they have been seen together they seem to gloss over what kind of relationship they would have as time-displaced cousins.

I think Supergirl as a kind of protective/mentor figure for her relatively less experienced cousin is kind of a nice idea [Smile]

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

agreed. i think she would take that one.
and yeah i don't think they ever have been together... i think there was a rule about them being there at the same time because they are from two different time periods....

--------------------

Omni
Honorary

i have to tell you that i'm still loving it! even though this is a legion i don't know as much about i really do love it!

I love that Lu and Chuck are back to being active and i like your academey stories! i can't wait for more!

i feel like shadow lass is in for something big!

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Thanks Omni!

The next story is gonna detail the graduation of the old-school Academy kids, we'll see who gets in, who doesn't, and who gets a (hopefully) very interesting role to play elsewhere....

There are definitely gonna be some big things in store for Shadow Lass and Shadow Lad, and along the way I've got a couple of things I want to do with Lu as well! [Smile]

--------------------
postlo3w

Omni
Honorary

I can't wait for that! i really can't!

whose in your academy these days???

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.