Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Family Tree (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: LMB Family Tree
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Lardy also had a (complicated) sexual thing going with Kalla Hrykos for a time.

Cool, that's an easy add.

quote:
And let's not forget his current situation with Tempest. they started out flirting a lot and then finally did the deed. After that, she kind of pushed him away, though he was head-over-heels. Since they've been together on the Oval mission, it looks more and more like she really does feel the same way about him, though both haven't had time to really sit down and talk about it.

That one's a little trickier... damned Cobie keeps gumming up the works with lines to like 100 different ex-girlfriends. [Wink] It'll take a little shuffling, but I'll give it a go

quote:
Actually, it's Timber Wolf she's involved with, not Dev.
That's just a typo, the chart has it correct

quote:
Recently, (in Lord of the Oval) Lucy has revealed that she is Eryk and Lardy's half-sister, the product of a union with the One and an unknown father.
Cool, that's the way it appears in the chart, anyway, I just wasn't sure if it was official. Guess I'm actually going to have to sit down and catch up on LotO one of these days... that's where all the good stuff seems to be happening these days.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Guess I'm actually going to have to sit down and catch up on LotO one of these days... that's where all the good stuff seems to be happening these days.

Fuckin' right, it is! [Yes]

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
[QUOTE] Guess I'm actually going to have to sit down and catch up on LotO one of these days... that's where all the good stuff seems to be happening these days.

It is really good reading if I do say so myself.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
Guess I'm actually going to have to sit down and catch up on LotO one of these days... that's where all the good stuff seems to be happening these days.

[Big Grin]

You and me both!

READING DATE!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
While I realize it's partially luck and connections, I'm honored to have made it onto this project in my first year! And to have even accidentally inspired it!

I will do my best to live up to it.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, this is awesome, Ex. Your family tree captures things about my character which I didn't even remember.

quote:
quote:

[Big Grin]

Of course, when we finish LotO you'll probably have to revise the chart AGAIN. I estimate Cobie'll have 10 more ex-girlfriends by the end.

On a lighter note, I might have Blaze fry MY ex-girlfriends which will mean somewhat less work for you [Razz]

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
unless of course Power Boy finds out about Disaster Boy's thing for falcons ... then it most likely will be off ...

That's a scene I'm looking forward to reading. I can just imagine Power Boy's reaction.

Or maybe Peebz will be like, "Well I'll try anything once..."

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Say, where was Everyday Girl's crush on IB revealed? I remember knowing about it, but I don't remember how I found out.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Should I bring up Gear?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Say, where was Everyday Girl's crush on IB revealed? I remember knowing about it, but I don't remember how I found out.

It was sort of an ongoing thing, but I think:

This

was the first time you were made aware of it.

OK... update time with a bunch of new stuff:

Click for fullsize image

First, corrections-

- Added the "Earth-4" designation to Blaine Fey

- Added Lardy's relationships to Kalla Hrykos and Tempest

- The latter required a little bit of juggling, so now Tempest doesn't appear in the midst of her shades, but rather merely connects to them across the chart (from an implied narrative perspective, I think I actually like this layout better, anyway).

- Added Power Boy's crush on Question Lad.

- Changed the color designation of Tempest's shades to grey, because I added the "half-black" to be a new designation for "undead" characters like Numf El and dedman.

And now, additions:

- Added a professional relationship between Lad Boy and Rocky.

- Added a Fanfic Lady block, including her marriage to Deirdre (who works at Rocky's Rookery), and the fact that she has occasionally swapped places with the Earth 3 sorceress, Amora the Enchantress.

- Added Poverty Lad as having a tight bond with Faraway Lad (when Faraway Lad "died", it was Pov who eventually brought him back to life... if that ain't a bond, I don't know what is).

- Added some complicated time travel stuff around Looks that Kill Lad and Viridis Lament - which also necessitated the addition of the 20th/21st century block, namely:

- Added the late LMBer Looks That Kill Lad, along with his parents, Satanicus Omega and Annak Macneil (the connection between the two is the "coercion" line as his father impregnated her through demonic deception), along with his close friendships to both STU and Lucien Lad.

- Added the fact that LTKL was, on several occasions, chronally exchanged with the 20th century pop artist, Britney Spears, as seen near the bottom of the page: Here

- I am assuming that it was during one of these exchanges to the 20th century, that Looks That Kills Lad had his adventures alongside the LMBer Lucien Lad who - as an original native of the 20th century - was known at the time as the "Queen of Diamonds". The LTKL/QoD 20th century crossover is discussed, Here. The QoD is extremely long-lived, later serving with the LMB as Lucien Lad.

- Britney Spears, seen in her 31st century costume, here, was also instrumental in the creation of the LMBer who would later be known as dedman/Viridis Lament.

- Long story short, deddy, originally a 20th century enforcer from Cairn named "Knuckles," accidentally became imbued with mind control powers. He traveled to Earth where he used these powers to form a top selling industrial metal band. Jealous of his success, Britney headed a group that planned to assassinate him. When he was hit with the group's laser bomb, however, he wasn't killed at all but rather....

- He was transported back in time to the Pre-Egyptian age where he used his powers to make himself pharaoh, married to his consort, Lis-Aun-Tahla-Moon. (I think this storyline is really exciting, because that means deddy was actually the pharaoh during the era contemporary with STU and Pagan Lass).

- Both he and his consort were later assassinated in Egypt as the result of a plot by his underlings, but he was shunted into the "Poltergeist Area," which he was able to exit at will, corporeally manifesting throughout history until, finally, in the 31st century he joined the LMB as dedman.

- Recently having taken on the name, Viridis Lament, he is currently in a committed relationship with Disdemona, and employs a trio of minions named Hecubus, Succubus, and Autobus. GIven their nature, I've placed this trio as having originated during the same era as Nobody and Noone, as that seemed to make sense, but that can be modified if additional info proves that incorrect.

Whew. I feel like Roy Thomas trying to tie all this continuity together. [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, awesome connection between Dedman and Pre-Egypt! I never realized that before!

Also (I almost don't want to tell you anymore because I'm feeling guilty!)

- CJ Taylor’s connection to the Taylor’s will be coming shortly in LotO

- If you’re trying to tie in Arachne, she used to be Cobalt’s bodyguard. (Not sure if that makes it harder though to connect someone else to Cobie).

- Helena Handbasket is in a relationship with Seth Gaterra

- I would say Tamper Lad & Nova Girl are ‘formerly romantically linked’

- This is a little more than you need to know and complicates things even more than ever, but in the early Security Office days, when Space Ranger & Emerald Empress were dating and Cobalt Kid was dating Mantis, there were times when there was some implied swapping—where Ranger & Mantis hooked up and then Empress & Cobie hooked up. It was more along the lines of everyone just being promiscuous but in hindsight there’s kind of a juicy, kinky vibe to it.

- Earth-4 Cobalt Kid has a widow named Zhiya, as introduced in LotO.

- Nightcrawler is in a relationship with Mowgli, who is also a Legion Worlder & LMBer. Not sure how else to tie them to the chart other than Nighty being an LW founder.

I’ve been looking at the graph and am just overwhelmed with how awesome it is. It embraces the complicatedness of LMB history and just makes me smile from ear to ear.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks so, much!

Your recorded histories have been some of the prime sources for this, so just as much credit should go to you, as well, for keeping track of all this in the first place!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Also (I almost don't want to tell you anymore because I'm feeling guilty!)

Not at all... keep 'em coming. The more comprehensive this winds up being, the more helpful it will be as a possible aid to future stories.

quote:
CJ Taylor’s connection to the Taylor’s will be coming shortly in LotO
Cool, I was holding off on CJ until then.

quote:
If you’re trying to tie in Arachne, she used to be Cobalt’s bodyguard.
D'oh! I actually meant to put that in the last update. It'll be in the next one. Although... wow... a non-romantic Cobie connection to a female?!?!

quote:
Helena Handbasket is in a relationship with Seth Gaterra.
I'm not familiar with Seth... any good sources I should check out for his background?

quote:
I would say Tamper Lad & Nova Girl are ‘formerly romantically linked’.

Earth-4 Cobalt Kid has a widow named Zhiya, as introduced in LotO.

No prob... I'll add those in.

quote:
Ranger & Mantis hooked up and then Empress & Cobie hooked up. It was more along the lines of everyone just being promiscuous.
That one might be a little trickier... I'll see how I can shuffle things around but, at first glance, that one might have to be ommitted. I'll give it the old college try though, before saying that definitely.

quote:
Nightcrawler is in a relationship with Mowgli, who is also a Legion Worlder & LMBer.
I think what I'll wind up doing with Nighty, unless something else comes up, is to put him in some sort of indicated group with Cru, Lightning Lad, and Kid Prime as the LW founders.

A couple questions of my own now for some things I can't find any follow up on:

- Kid Prime once received a letter from "Ma and Pa Prime" revealing the startling secret that... he was adopted! Any resolution to that plotline?

- Space Tart once randomly showed up on LW with a baby she "found" which was later given into the care of lil' Rhino. What ever happened with that?

One other note, for anyone wondering where Joe Boy/Kid Marvel is. I'm still puzzling through all of Emily Sivana's stuff, because I have a sneaking suspicion that she and Joe Boy share a heritage through Shazam... I just have to find out how best to show that.

[ May 07, 2012, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
If you’re trying to tie in Arachne, she used to be Cobalt’s bodyguard.
D'oh! I actually meant to put that in the last update. It'll be in the next one. Although... wow... a non-romantic Cobie connection to a female?!?!

I recall a conversation somewhere on the MMB where I said that exact thing to her and she replied along the lines of "want to get punched through a building?"

Thus, a very appropriate bodyguard / protected security chief relationship was born! [Big Grin]

quote:
Kid Prime once received a letter from "Ma and Pa Prime" revealing the startling secret that... he was adopted! Any resolution to that plotline?

Nope! Still dangling 8-9 years later!

quote:
Space Tart once randomly showed up on LW with a baby she "found" which was later given into the care of lil' Rhino. What ever happened with that?

I kind of remember that. Was that on Legion World? If not, we can always say it was Robot 99, who was actually left on the doorstep years earlier by Dessert Rose. It was likely a nod for me to do another "Cobie's evil offspring" joke that I missed. Or who knows what it was? [shrug]

quote:
One other note, for anyone wondering where Joe Boy/Kid Marvel is. I'm still puzzling through all of Emily Sivana's stuff, because I have a sneaking suspicion that she and Joe Boy share a heritage through Shazam... I just have to find out how best to show that.

I wish Joe would be on LW more! (And draw more!). He still posts regularly (and hilariously) on facebook.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK, a bunch of new stuff. I think I need to start increasing the resolution on these jpgs because the wider the whole thing gets, the smaller the text. It's getting a little hard to read - you can still make out the labels on this one, but I think the next one I'll have to print out larger. Anyway :

Click for fullsize image

So... new stuff, left to right:

- Shuffled around the Rockhopper family to add in Seth Gaterra/Helena Handbasket, et. al., basically eliminating the family tree structure for Evil Emperor Pyngwyn and Rockhopper Lass. It's still implied, as they are parallel duplicates of Rocky and his sister, It's just not explicitly shown.

- The reason for that was that the Seth Gaterra connection I had to make to loop him in was as a member of the "Covenant" along with Rockhopper Lass and his committed girlfriend, Helena Handbasket. Also shown is his former romance with a woman named Dalnaturi, which was later wiped from the time stream.

- In the "Cobie" block, I added the Earth 4 Cobalt Kid's widow, Zhiya; Tamper Lad's former romance with Nova Girl; and Cobie's tight bond with his bodyguard, Arachne.

- Added in Doctor One as having a professional relationship with Sam Pureheart, as they are both members of the LW Medical community.

Next up, a big section for the Primary Color Gang.

I feel like I should make a note explaining the "deceased" designation I used some of these characters.

As most people know, but for the benefit of anyone who didn't know him, "The Yellow Kid" was a very creative and well-liked member of our community who died in real life a few years back. He was the creator of a whole passel of characters collectively known as "The Primary Color Gang," that I am very, very fond of. I would really be remiss in not including his characters here.

Of these characters he wrote, several of them "died" within LMB continuity, in stories that YK wrote himself. These characters would be: Red Rascal, Blue Boy, Kid Blackout, Big Blue Mean Mutha, and Red Menace.

To that list of "in continuity" deaths, I've also gone ahead and indicated that three others should be considered "deceased" as they were either Primary or Alt ID's that Yellow Kid wrote under. These would be: The Yellow Kid himself, Red Gentleman (also known as "Red Arthur" during the Yahoo Board days) and the Gay Green Giant.

My only intention to moving them to that status is out of respect for Art, so if anyone feels it's inappropriate, just let me know, and I can alter things accordingly.

In any case the PCG is:

- Yellow Kid himself, born in 1894 (close enough that I'll group him in with the 20th century folks) was later transported to the 30th century where he formed his first villainous iteration of the PCG with the Gay Green Giant, Blue Cheese Lad and Red Rascal, the latter two of which were notably older criminals, BCL having squared off against Matlock in the 2960's

- The "Red" mantle passed through three other hands during the PCG's days of villainy - Red Gentleman to Red Rogue to Red Fist, while the Blue passed to Blue Boy (romantically linked to the criminal Lady Dismal). An additional member, Kid Blackout also served during this period.

- Following the move to Legion World, a new heroic iteration of the PCG was formed with Yellow Kid, the Gay Green Giant, and members Big Blue Mean Mutha and Red Menace, both of whom died while trying to save Faraway Lad's life.

- The "Red" mantle during this heroic period then passed to Red Rage, and finally to the Red Chef, while the Blue passed to Blue Tooth Kid.

- Additionally of note is that the Gay Green Giant was romantically linked to a member of a subgroup called the Orange Agents, named Jimmy.

- All of this is very abbreviated, feel free to read their full history: HERE

- Next, a new block for Kid Marvel, along with his sister, Kate Harvestar. As part of Red Arrow's backstory, it is said that. as a Sivana descendant, she possesses some sort of formula for summoning the current bearer of the Shazam legacy, and... as that is Joe Boy in LMB mythos, I figured the "spiritual connection" line would best represent that.

- Moving to the right, I've added in Nightcrawler (and his committed relationship to Mowgli), Lightning Lad, Kid Prime (along with his adopted parents Ma and Pa Prime), and Saturn Girl... all four of whom have a shared professional relationship with Princess Crujectra as the founders of Legion World.

- Finally I added in Monkey Eater Lad as the curator of the Museum of Legion-Arts and gave him a professional relationship with Sketch Lad and Drake B as artists whose collections are housed there. Future would fit in that group, as well, but he is better placed in with the High Priestess Viviane relationship.

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, phenomenal work, Exxy!

I like the 'Ages' timeline. Ghost Girl should actually predate everyone else, for details not too widely known yet [I can PM you about it if necessary].

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Yeah absolutely, shoot me a PM. Predate everyone? I am super intrigued.

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.