Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LSH Anniversary Fanzines (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LSH Anniversary Fanzines
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I need your help! As some of you may know my laptop was stolen awhile back and with itt a lot of stuff that I had been saving for years most of which I can never recover.

Among those lost were my files and images for the Legion of Super-Heroes Anniversary Fanzines that I was creating to give away at the San Diego Comic-Con each year at Sean's (Kent) recommendation.

I had a corrected version of last year's #3 that I was going to post but just never got around to it. All that I have now is the printer's version of the file - here.

Anyway, this year's book, #4, has been recreated for the most part. What I need help with is the cover art. I need fan-art versions of this year's 50th Anniversary alumni - Ultra Boy, Matter-Eater Lad, Legion of Super-Pets, and the Super-Companions. If there's any decent images of the Sun Emperor, Chameleon Chief or Whizzy, I might try to add them too, but I've only mapped out space for the main four.

I would prefer that the art be from a member of this message board and in color. If you have or know of anything that best represents any of the four 50 year olds, could you post it here or email it to me? I need this soon so that I can have them printed in a timely manner.

Additionally, while you may be on the look out, please note that I will be doing this for next year's book as well as I need some retro art for issues #1 and #2 - I'm going to offer these to help celebrate our 10th anniversary in 2013.

Next year will feature - Legion of Substitute Heroes, Element Lad, Lightning Lass, Proty & Proty II (with Antennae Boy, Jungle King, Rainbow Girl, Satan Girl, Ronn Kar & Alaktor)

For #1 in 2008 - the Legion, of course, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Jimmy as Elastic Lad

For #2 in 2009/2010 - Supergirl, Chameleon Boy, Colossal Boy and Invisible Kid

Please note, I'd prefer that the art for #1 not be newer than 2008 and for #2 not be newer than 2010 to preserve the illusion of being published at those times.

Any help locating some fan art would be most appreciated!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
How quickly do you need it?
If there is some time I can draw up a cover for the fanzine.
If you are really pressed for time I can see what is available on DeviantArt and ask the artists if we can use thier work for it.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd ideally like it to be from members of this message board if possible. And also be a compilation of different artists, see the pdf of issue #3 to see what I mean or the cover here -

Click for fullsize image

So, if you want to pick one of the four (Super-Pets, Ultra Boy, Matter-Eater Lad or Super-Companions) to create something, please go ahead. But due to time constraints, I was hoping for existing art (at least for this year and the previous year books).

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll do an Ultra Boy, if you can wait until early June for it.

And a Supergirl I can send sooner; I have one I did for Klordny that just needs some color.

if no one else steps up, I'll do more.

[ May 20, 2012, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Due to printing/shipping concerns, I'd like to have this sent out early this week. And the Supergirl art would ideally be from before 2010.

I had some stuff lined up before for Ultra Boy and Matter-Eater Lad, but can't find those pieces online anymore. And there's a pro sketch of the pets colored by Loser Lad that I could use, but was hoping members here had something on hand and already made.

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Alrighty, I just checked my files....for pre-existing stuff I have the following (all photomanipulations except where noted) :

Lightning Lass (from Legion Lost as Spark)
Infectious Lass (a Klordny Cover)
Rainbow Girl
Satan Girl
Cosmic Boy (circa LSH 300)
Saturn Girl (Original costume)
Saturn Girl (Legion Lost version)
Lightning Lad (3boot version)
Supergirl (I have 2 different ones of her)
Element Lad (Lightle drawing, coloured by me)
Element Lad Tribute (Post Legion Lost...there is also a copy of this around that was coloured by Loser but I don't seem to have it)

Temporary page with images

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks Mark! Work won't let me see the link, but I'll grab them when I get home.

These should help a lot with next year's books.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
nice stuff!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I can whip out a Jo or Tenzil doodle FAST if it isn't too late??

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks Michael, but I've been able to find some decent Jo's and Tenzil's online. The pets are going to be the pro sketch it looks like. The only hold out is the Super-Companions.

Did Dean ever do a version? Am I the only person who saved the art that people posted over the years? [Frown]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I bumped the Super-Companions Gallery... There is a Dean image on Page 1 but it includes the Silver Sword.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Nightcrawler
Founder

Thanks Michael! But it has Silver Sword and is in B&W.

Wanna do a quick fandango of the whole team in their comic book costumes? [Smile]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

^There's one I did previously of Liquidman and his lover Storm Boy... [Smile]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And here's a solo Storm Boy I did awhile back:

-

Would either work??

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.