Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Love Potion Story Discussion Thread

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love Potion Story Discussion Thread
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
This will be a collaborative project that is a bit light-hearted in tone. The plot is that a rejected suitor decides to create a love potion so that his rival with fall in love with someone else. The idea is that the the love interest will be so angry at the betrayal that she will gladly embrace someone else. It is so crazy it just might work!

However, love potions are notorious for going wrong. One could end up falling in love with someone they hate, a total stranger, maybe even their own reflection.

One can have a maximum of four characters in this story. If there are any characters you did not create but want to use, please ask the creators first before you use them. Those characters will be non-player characters that everyone can use. Character sign-ups will be up shortly, but first we have to figure out where to set this story.

Do we want it set on Legion World or another planet?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Emily, sounds interesting. Who would the four characters be? One suitor, one rival, the girl the two are fighting over, and... the someone else?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
That is a very good question! The four characters are my creations because this plot started in a story I wrote (not posted yet because I am awaiting permission from the owner of one of the characters before I post).

Each participant is allowed to enter in a maximum total of four characters, though will create a list of possible non-player characters as we go along. I don't want to introduce too many characters at once. Since combat is not the major focus of this story, a simple paragraph explaining where the character currently is in life and who (if anyone) they are in love with is enough to join.

Emily Sivana- After recent family deaths, her family is frantically trying to find her a new match. An old acquaintance offered to date her, but her family was suspicious of his genealogy. After an ordeal, her family agreed to allow this acquaintance to court her in order to get rid of...

Sebastian Sage- He is currently involved in a relationship with Emily. Like most young men, he is in no hurry to get married and settle down. He trusts Emily to be able to take care of herself and does not worry about her a lot. Although he has a large number of enemies, he believes his worst enemy is...

Urraca de Silva- She is a neighbor of Sebastian's back on Cabral, where his mining company is located. She wants to marry him because he is young, handsome, and extremely rich. Urraca's behavior can be classified as stalking, but because her father owns a coffee farm and one of her relatives is a judge, Sebastian does not believe he could get a restraining order. As destructive as her behavior is, she had not been to Legion World until approached by...

Kristoff von Doom- A mysterious young man of Roma descent who hails from Romania.(A lot of his story will be explained in story) He met Emily at a science fair two years ago and the two got along very long. Unfortunately circumstances led Emily to Legion World, while Kristoff ended up exploring the multiverse. He has recently begun working for EarthGov, rebuilding their defenses and such because he needs money. Kristoff wanted to date Emily, but was rejected by her. He can't stand failure and does not understand why she rejects his love. He conspires with Urraca de Silva to feed Sebastian a love potion.

However, the plot will probably spiral out of control. Archenemies could fall in love after the heat of battle, others could fall in love with total strangers, and still others could fall in love with objects!

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Having the plot spiral out of control sounds very interesting.

I'm curious when you say each participant is allowed to enter four characters. So each writer gets to introduce four player characters; and do the characters take part in some sort of tournament too?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

A tournament is an excellent idea; I have been wanting to do one with LMB characters for a long time. One of the reasons I decided to formally introduce Kristoff into the LMB verse is because a fight between the two would be similar to Batman vs. Doctor Doom. It would be like an arms race.

If you think I would be better off making a separate tournament rather then including tournament elements in the story, please let me know.

There is definitely going to be a lot of conflict. Some of it may caused by the fact that certain potion ingredients are "extinct". Other conflicts might be caused by minor characters gaining knowledge of the potions. What if the dread lord Tyrrian gets a hold of the potion and starts selling it on the streets of Charltonburg? The possibilities of this plot are only limited to the amount of people willing to participate.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.