Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Truth and Perfection

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Truth and Perfection
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Introduction- Children of Doom

"Where does this lead to?" A man with a clear voice shouted. His short blond hair stood out against his gray uniform, and his thin eyes were cautiously watching behind him. The man following him was someone he absolutely refused to turn his back to.

"Would you just be quiet and keep walking slowly, we are almost there, the enemy is down to his last resorts. My armor will assure us our survival despite your less than stellar telepathy skills--" His companion replied. He wore armor with a green cloak and looked like a legendary figure.

A telepathic blast dissuaded a hostile person from sneaking up to the left of the man dressed in green. The two men believed they were being followed by an army of clones. Another one of these people waved his hand and a rift appeared under the telepath's feet. He had no time to think, and only instinct saved him from plunging nine feet below. As his companion drew near and bent down, the blond feared for the worse.

"Give me your hand!" The man demanded. The blond decided to take the risk and grabbed the hand, though was shocked that he was rescued instead of dropped. They had been enemies for years and could not count the number of battles they had fought together. The blond snapped back into reality by low sound from up above. He looked up to see thousands, if not millions of this army standing above them.

"You have violated our space and must be terminated," they all said in unison.

"No, you will let us leave in peace! Kristoff, make a portal now!" He demanded. The blond concentrated all of his mental energy into creating a wall of psychic power. This energy stung beings that have not felt pain in centuries and cry out in pain. The blond blocked every emotion possible, in no mood to be forgiving.

Kristoff grabbed all the technology he had available and scrambled quickly to find a solution. Every electronic device besides his armor would be sacrificed in this survival effort. He had never seen a place like this before and did not know if they could escape.

"Hurry up!" The blond yelled.

"Okay..okay...on the count of three let go!" Kristoff replied. The blond was on his knees from the stress of maintaining the shield. He was beginning to feel their anger and pain and it sought to drive him into insanity.

"One...two...three...run!" Kristoff yelled. The two of them ran into the portal and dived into the unknown.

The silence was the most distinctive feature of the nexus the two men stood in. They could see all the stars in the Milky Galaxy in three different universes at once. The peace of this place was soothing to the blond, but Kristoff found it irritating.

"Well, that was lovely multi-versal adventure. But this changes nothing Richards. Next time we meet it will be in battle," Kristoff replied.

'Richards', "You will never change, will you? I am not your enemy, and my last name is not even Richards."

"Do not lie to me! You caused all of this out of a thousand year rivalry--" Kristoff insisted.

"Victor von Doom is a myth. They denied you as your son back there. We have no reason to be enemies, the world has changed since we left it. Why should we be enemies?" 'Richards' asked.

"It is part of our destiny to be enemies. I don't need telepathy to know what you are thinking--why did I save you? Why did I not let you die? It's not because I want you to live; it is because I have imagined a million ways to kill you since that fateful day you ruined my life," Kristoff explained.

'Richard's said, "You have convinced yourself the lies are the truth. You didn't save me because if you did, it would interfere with your plans to make a love potion."

"How...?" Kristoff asked. He took out his mirror and noticed that his mask had tears in it. That meant 'Richards' could read his mind. He was very worried and whispered a simple spell to fix his mask, as well as test whether or not magic worked in this place. He hit success and smiled as his helmet became as good as new.

"I hope you are happy you got the plants you wanted. I am kind of disappointed that they tried to stole my favorite gun, but at least it is still in my hands. But I really got to go back to Earth. Will you give me your word you will take me there?" He asked.

Kristoff replied, "You have the word of Doom that I will make a portal for you to return to Earth." He doubled the spells and chants and two steady portals were created. He would soon be on a place far from Earth, a place where his future bride would be, and someday they would rule the Earth together in peace.

He closed his eyes and walked into the portal to find a strange new environment covered in trees. He looked around bemused until he realized I only changed the planetary location of the spell. I did not change the setting! Kristoff turned to find another person pointing a weapon up at him.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
The Back-Up Feature

"This story won't do at all," Nrrev said. He stared out into this abysmal world he was "released" into. There were two rivers here, and the banks were populated by small refugee villages, victims of a recent war. Nrrev knows he was sent here because Legion World does not think he could be a threat to them. This is a half-truth, he would take his time here, but someday he would bring back the population of Legion World here in chains. It may take a lifetime, but he will rule an empire.

He had an idea of what the gods were planning, and he did not like it. He knew it would be pointless, as all perfection is pointless. Nrrev had used an all-powerful object to make some of his wishes come true, but he was still unsatisfied. He believes this because he knew every moment of his life was controlled by all-powerful outsiders. While he was in prison he had dreams of forming a new empire, in which every sentient being would bow before him. The gods, however mad they may be, would accept his offerings and he would rule as king.

That is why Nrrev was happy to be released from prison on some sort of technicality. The Terran girl protested, but her elders were too busy with other "threats" to pay it much attention. He only counted four or five worthy opponents, and they were all preoccupied with their own affairs.

"Help! Somebody please help!" A woman yelled from across the river. Nrrev snapped out of his inner monologue and saw three armed men surrounding a truck carrying supplies, and harassing a woman with a child at her side. Nrrev decided to use his natural-born powers to shift-shape into a winged humanoid so he could land to the other side.

Unfortunately one of the armed men saw him and took shots, while the mother beckoned her child to run away. One of the gunmen shot after the child until he hid behind a ruined jeep. The third decided to put a bullet in the woman's head, just as Nrrev had disposed of the first gunman. He decided enough was enough and turned into an armored form. The fact that their bullets bounced off was enough to scare the remaining gunmen, who ran into the river. They won't be back anytime soon, Nrrev thought. He was tired and returned to the form of an orange humanoid. It was the most tireless form he could manage in this universe.

The child slowly got out from behind the car to make sure it was safe. After the child saw that all the gunmen were gone, he walked slowly up to Nrrev.

"Who are you? Did you try to save my mother?" He asked.

Nrrev said, "I am very sorry I could not. My name is Nrrev."

The boy mumbled, "Nrrev. What kind of a name is that?"

"It is a Skrull name," He said. The child became confused at this statement. Nrrev forgot that those races probably did not exist in this universe. Nrrev was about to say more when a bunch of people came towards the truck, obviously in search of supplies. The women wore blue lilies in their hair.

The child was approached by a few of his relatives. They demanded to know how his mother died and who the stranger was. The child told the story of how Nrrev had avenged the death of his mother and saved his life. The people at first laughed at his story.

"Can Bullets bounce off of you? Who ever heard of anything so ridiculous?" The leader said.

Nrrev replied, "I want you to take that gun lying on the ground and shoot me." He walked twenty paces away from the truck and stood there. The leader grabbed the gun and took two shots. The leader noticed that the man's skin turned from orange to steel and bounced off the bullets. He could not believe his eyes, and decided to shot two more bullets. Then wings sprouted from the man's back and he dodged the bullets before landing in front of the leader.

The leader bowed, "You must--must be a god. I shall give my village to you."

Nrrev shook his head and motioned for the man to get up. He explained that he did not want to lead this village and said he would help the people. The leader was happily surprised and walked with Nrrev into the village. A few of the women gave him flowers.

He asked, "What are these?"

"These are the Tears of Qetesh. The Dark Oval wanted them for some reason, which is why our planet was invaded. Fortunately, we were able to save ten plants before our planet was destroyed," The leader explained. This all sounded uncomfortably familiar to Nrrev.

Nrrev replied, "I understand, I grew up in a place like this."

The leader asked, "You look Durlan mixed with Ggrrggian."

"That is true," He laughed. He sighed a little bit, because he knew this universe was integrating him the best it could. Even gods can be wrong sometimes, he thought.

The leader asked, "Why are you here?"

"I am here for the same reasons you are: nobody wants me in this universe. So I have decided I am going to help rebuild this world."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Chapter One: Amateur Magic

"Who are you and why have you come here?" The man pointing the arrow at him spoke. His accent was British and his clothes gave him the appearance of someone from the middle ages. His long, blond hair met his shoulders. In his hands he held a bow which pointed an arrow straight at Kristoff.

"I am Kristoff von Doom. I am here on accident, I was invited to a party in Legionopolis and must have landed here by mistake," Kristoff answered.

Legolas said, "Do you know where we are? We are in a forest where those who are not alive and not dead lurk. You should leave while you still have a chance!"

"If this place is so dangerous, why are you here?" Kristoff asked. The man had lowered his bown, but was still watching Kristoff for any sudden movement.

"I have my reasons. Would you like help leaving the forest?" The man asked. He seemed impatient to get rid of this intruder.

Kristoff replied, "I would like help leaving the forest. I am exhausted from casting spells..." He was surprised when the man reacted by drawing his bow and arrow again. Kristoff thought he could be honest with this man based on appearances, but it was obvious that he was wrong.

"So you are a magician? Who do you serve?" The man said.

"I am a magician, but I only serve the good of humanity," Kristoff answered. He hoped those would not be his last words.

The man rolled his eyes, "Why are you here on Legion World?"

"I am trying to win the love of a woman by using a love potion," Kristoff said.

"Forgive me because I'm not human, but how is that 'for the good of humanity'?" He asked. The beginning of this sentence intrigued Kristoff. It was only at that moment that he realized that the other being had extremely pointy ears. He remembered stories of such creatures in children's book, but did not possess much knowledge of them.

Kristoff said, "It is to further an arranged marriage between myself and the woman in question. If she marries someone else, it may endanger her family."

The other being nods, "I understand the situation you are in. I was born in a royal family myself." He shot the arrow in a nearby tree, which almost seemed to scream from the impact. He motioned for Kristoff to follow him, and the two of them slowly walked outside of the forest.

"Really? What is your name?" Kristoff asks. They saw a path from the edge of the forest, as well as several people riding bicycles. He was grateful that their outfits hid them from sight. However, it would be difficult to exit this area without being seen.

"My name is Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of Mirkwood, son of Thranduil," He states. As the two approached the bicycle path, Legolas noticed a couple walking dogs, and tapped Kristoff on the shoulder and told him to hide under the tree.

Kristoff was intrigued by this statement. He asked, "If you are a prince, then why are you on Legion World?"

Legolas replies, "We do not have time to talk. We must move quickly across this path into the town." Kristoff became quiet and did exactly as Legolas told him to do. They ran across the path, and then Legolas used his tracking ability to make sure they were heading north. He told Kristoff that the northern end of the gate was blocked by a high gate which was surrounded by a "force like lightning". They were surprised to find that the gate currently contained a massive hole. On the other side of the fence is a large building that looks like a prison.

"Do you think it is safe to walk past there?" Kristoff asked. He read that there was an asylum on Legion World, and this may be it. He was worried that they would be viewed with suspicion, as it was clear that at least patient was able to break free.

"Do not be afraid," Legolas said. The two of them quietly walked around the building, and sure enough nobody bothered them. This part of town rather old and many of the stores were bordered up. There were a few wanted posters for somebody called 'The Tyrian' nailed to an old dilapidated fence.

"How were you planning on getting to the party?" Legolas asked.

"I planned on meeting somebody at the Charltonburg train station," He said. Kristoff took out a map and checked to make sure they were walking in the right direction. The two of them walked a couple of blocks and then turned right to get to the train station.

Kristoff walked up to the counter and got three train tickets. He gave one to Legolas, who was extremely grateful. The two of them waited a half-an-hour for the other person to arrive. Kristoff and Legolas talked about leaving without her, but at that very moment she arrived with two large trunks of luggage. She had short black hair, tanned skin, and wore black shorts and a short sleeve green shirt with silver trim.

She said to Legolas, "Kristoff von Doom I presume?"

Before he could reply, Kristoff said, "No, I am Kristoff von Doom." Her face winced a little and she sighed a little inside. Why does he wear a mask?

"Forgive me, this is Legolas. He helped me escape from a dire situation and I wish to help him in kind," Kristoff explained.

The woman smiled, "My name is Urraca de Silva."

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Carpathia Mansion, Legionopolis

Emily Sivana stared in the mirror and could not believe how she looked. Her hair was up in a bun and there was a golden comb inserted into it. Her tight-fitting dress was purple with green trim and her shoes had thick very heels. She was beginning to regret the decision to buy these clothes online.

The door opened and another woman entered the room and slammed the door. She was wearing a leopard-printed dress and held a letter in her hand. The woman looked like she wanted to try, but simply dropped the a thick envelope in Emily's hands. Emily silently read the envelope: Carmentalia Matchmaking Services.

"What are you waiting for? Go ahead and read it! My life is over," The woman said. She had taken a seat on the stool next to Emily.

Dear Ms. Ruth Craig,

We regret to inform you that the proposed match with Edward Knight has been rejected on the grounds of consanguinity. His great-great grandfather and your great-grandmother were siblings.

Regretfully,

Benedict Pitt

Emily flipped through the other letters, but they all said similar things. She felt sorry for Ruth, because this was a common problem for Earth match-making services. If you are the eldest daughter of a prominent family, you are expected to marry the eldest son of a prominent family. This becomes an obstacle for families' that are obsessed with power.

Emily asked, "I know your family moved to Raltvee. Why don't you marry a Raltveech merchant?"

Ruth replied, "We did not move to Raltvee by choice. If I marry a Raltveech, that means our family will never return to Earth."

"I don't know what to say," Emily honestly said. She had to pause and think for a few minutes. "At least you didn't have to invite a guest simply because your uncle suggested you should." At that moment her cellphone rang, so Emily quickly excused herself from the conversation and left the room.

Ruth sighed, "I wish I had your problem."
~~~~
The Stairway

Emily answered the call, "Hello? Kristoff...yes this is a normal party...no I don't think you would be dressed inappropriately...This is Legion World, it is impossible to dress weird...no problem, see you soon."

She ended the conversation and walked down the staircase. Emily joined a small group of people enjoying small talk. This party was being held in a building that looked like a boat. The previous owner had decided to theme the boat based on a famous 20th century movie. Emily assumed the title was "The Carpathia", but could not remember if that was correct or not.

"Are you lost in thought?" A familiar voice said. Emily turned to see Sebastian Sage. He was wearing, in her opinion of course, an ugly white suit. They had not seen each other for awhile, so there was an awkward silence. There was a mutual fear of choosing the wrong word or wrong expression.

"Do you want to know how my classes were?" Emily asked.

"You already told me that they were hard," Sebastian answered.

Emily asked, "How has business been lately?"

Sebastian smiled, "This is no place to discuss business. By the way, would you like to see the movie with me on July 20th?"

"Of course! I like any excuse to go out to Charltonburg," Emily answered. She then remembered the one thing she hated in Charltonburg; or rather the one person she hated in Charltonburg. "What if the Tyrr--?"

Her remarks were interrupted by a large bang. The room was temporary filled with smoke and three figures emerged from the smoke. One of them had long hair and a bow, the second was a Brazilian girl, and the third wore a metal mask.

"Ah! I read about him in a blog. That has to be Kristoff von Doom!" One of the female guests squealed.

"Earth thinks he is really clever," Her friend agreed.

She added, "He can program my computer any time."

Kristoff bowed to Emily, the hostess of the party, and said, "I am honored to be invited to this party. Did my present arrive yet?"

She replied, "I do not think so."
~~~~
While they were talking politely, Sebastian and Urraca were discussing everything frankly. He was afraid of Urraca and her obsession with marriage. He had learned the hard way that any piece of paper in her hands could be a marriage contract.

Sebastian asked, "How did you get here?"

"I bought the invitations on the Internet," She replied.

"Why did you arrive with Kristoff von Doom?" Sebastian asked.

Urraca said, "We met at the train station and he offered to bring me to the party." This was a half-truth, they met in person on the train but Kristoff had contacted her beforehand with the knowledge that Sebastian would be at this party. Sebastian wanted to question her further, but Emily and Kristoff had disappeared into the crowd. Many of the guests were staring at Urraca and Sebastian. He decided to end the conversation and see where Emily went.

He found her talking to the waitstaff. An older man told her that dinner would be served in half-an-hour, and she agreed that was suitable. When he returned to the servant's quarters, Sebastian saw that Kristoff and the unknown blond were following him. He thought that was suspicious and was about to follow after them when Urraca handed him a goblet of wine.

She said, "Please have some. You missed my twenty-fifth birthday!"

"I have never been to any of your birthday parties," He said. Fortunately, before she could reply it was announced that dinner was ready.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Kristoff von Doom and Legolas rushed into the servants quarters. Kristoff had done his research and knew that an unused room was located between the kitchen and one of the storerooms. It was locked, but Legolas was able to pry it open. They entered an empty room with a checkerboard pattern.

There were some occult symbols on the walls, and several pieces of furniture were covered with white sheets. There was a wooden table pushed to the side and Kristoff decided to begin the potion making there. He instructed Legolas to grab some objects from the kitchen while he prepared the space.

"I got everything you requested, but do not understand what the cherry soda is for," Legolas said. He reentered the room carrying a large pot with several ingredients and utensils, and sat it on the table. Kristoff got out his list and the other ingredients and took one last look at the recipe:

Two Peacock Eyes
1 Scallop
1 Teaspoon Ginger
1 Tablespoon Ginseng
2 Mandrake Roots
2 Sprigs of Wakandan Daisy
Talon of Makara- Extinct, Substitute Goose Beak
Tongue of Chickcharnie- Extinct, Substitute Rabbit
2 Cups of Cold Water
2 Liter of Any Non-Alcoholic Beverage

Legolas asked, "What is it? Isn't this what you wanted?"

"No...I had to substitute a few ingredients. I believe it will be fine though," He said. Doom had scanned the universe for any place that would possess those ingredients and could not find them. He poured the water into the cauldron and began measuring the dried ingredients.

"What if it comes out wrong?" Legolas asked.

Kristoff put in the Wakandan daisies and then smiled at Legolas, "What do you mean it won't work?!? Of course it will work! I know what I am doing."

This was the first time that Legolas saw Kristoff extremely angry. He seemed annoyed that Legolas had questioned his intelligence. Legolas decided he might have been offensive and changed his tactic.

"I understand you are some type of wizard. I have known other wizards, and I know that magic can be misused. I am sure you know of other wizards that have made mistakes," Legolas replied.

Doom thought aloud, "One of my friends in college did magic, though he insisted it was 'hereditary art'. There was a day that he was lazy and decided to microwave some potion ingredients. The entire student union was green for a week!" However, Doom thought his situation was completely different. He added water to the mixture, and kept stirring until the liquid was orange. It smelled like a high-end cologne.

Doom asked, "Could you please pour the soda into the cauldron while I stir?" Legolas nodded and helped him finish the potion.

Doom remarked, "Thank you, it is now complete! You have been very helpful to me, Legolas. What would you like in return for your service?"

Legolas was shocked by this sentence. It had been a long time since anyone asked him what he wanted. His last master...that was it! Doom could help him get off Legion World and away from his old master.

"Now that you mention it, I need--" He began to spoke, but unfortunately he was interrupted by footsteps. Doom realized that the dinner was reaching the main course and that they must act quickly to get the drinks to the table. He poured the liquid into beautiful crystal bottles, so that the guests would assume it was an exotic drink.

Kristoff and Legolas silently assumed their seats at the table. Urraca had taken a seat across from Sebastian, who was doing his best to ignore her. Emily was busy talking to a woman who looked very upset. This was exactly what Kristoff wanted: everyone to be too occupied with everyday life to realize what was going on right in front of them.

The drinks were brought out with the dessert course. It was introduced as a gift to the hostess from Kristoff von Doom. Emily was very happy but a bit suspicious to receive this gift.

"What is this?" Emily asked.

Kristoff replied, "It is a traditional Romanian beverage."

Her eyes narrowed, "Then why does it smell like cherry soda?"

"There is no fooling you! I remembered that cherry soda was your favorite," Kristoff said. He had not forgotten that Emily was a fellow chemistry major. He expected her to be suspicious of the substance.

"I don't know..." Emily said. Kristoff was only here because her family forced her to invite him. She was worried that this was part of a nefarious plan to get her to marry him.

Urraca stated as planned, "Sebastian, why don't you taste the drink? You are always doing things without fear!"

Sebastian wanted to disappear at that moment. He had no choice but to accept the drink. He took a sip of the drink. It tasted like cherry coke with an essence of something unfamiliar...but that taste was nothing in comparison with the feeling he felt towards Urraca de Silva. He felt that she was a wonderful woman and did not understand why he had fought against marrying her.

Emily thought aloud, "The drink is safe. I will try some now."

Kristoff said, "I will drink some with you." There was nothing else in his power that he could do without appearing suspicious. It was at that moment that Urraca and Sebastian walked towards them, holding hands. The three of them raised their glasses in a toast, and Kristoff felt that he had to join in. He took a drink and looked up to see Emily staring back at him.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Legolas noticed that all three of the people he was introduced to had drank the love potion. Urraca had moved quickly and decided to leave the party while the potion was still in effect. She cheerfully said goodbye to everybody present. Sebastian even gave her the car keys.

The elf was a little concerned that Kristoff would leave with Emily and forget about him. He needed Kristoff's help to leave Legion World. He also had a feeling that Kristoff did not intend to be under the potions' spell. Legolas decided to get up from his seat and try to reason with Kristoff.

Emily and Kristoff were holding hands and gazing into each others eyes. The woman was the first to notice Legolas, and asked, "Who is your friend? You never told me his name."

"His name is Legolas. He helped me get here," Kristoff said. He seemed to regard Legola's presence the same way one would regard a fly on the wall. The elf was a little annoyed that his name was being dropped left and right. He did not want to be found by his former master.

Emily replied, "That name sounds very familiar. It sounds like a name from a fantasy book. Is there something you want?"

Legolas replied, "I am helping Kristoff and he is going to help me in return. If you do not mind, I would like to tell him what I want and you can be a witness to this event."

Emily nodded, "I am grateful Kristoff is helping you. That is very noble of him!"

Kristoff said, "Yes, but please make this quick. Emily and I were just discussing the plans for my birthday party. It is almost July 5th after all!"

Legolas did not understand the custom of celebrating birthdays, so all he could do was smile and nod. He explained, "I am on the run from a dangerous tyrant. I need to leave Legion World as soon as possible. Can you help me leave Legion World?"

Kristoff replied, "Of course I will help you. I hate tyrants myself."

Emily added, "I'm already Princess of the Earth at family gatherings. If he fails to help you, I will succeed." She laughed at the end of this sentence, so Legolas took it as a joke. He thanked the couple wholeheartedly before tapping Kristoff on the shoulder.

"What is it? Can't you see I am busy?" Kristoff asked.

Legolas replied, "We need to get rid of the rest of the potion."

Kristoff was about to ask what potion, but he remembered that they left a few bottles in the side-room. The two of them walked inside the room , and Legolas took the opportunity to use a fire arrow to set off the sprinkler above their heads.

"What have you just--done?" Kristoff questioned. The spell quickly wore off and Kristoff was returned to his prior state of mind. He was confused as to why he was so more obsessed with Emily than usual. He was even more confused that she was accepting his love. It was unnatural and Kristoff felt uneasy about continuing forward.

Kristoff said, "I think we should leave Legion World tonight."

Legolas was surprised, "But you got Emily to fall in love with you. If you leave her now she will be extremely hurt. Sometimes humans overreact when their love is rejected--"

"I know, Legolas," He replied. Kristoff's love for Emily was previously rejected and he felt hurt. He knew that under the influence of the love potion, these emotions may prove unbearable.

"How long do the effects of this potion normally last?" Legolas asked.

Kristoff replied, "It normally lasts ten days. That gives me enough time to negotiate with Emily's uncle. I don't want to think about the dowry negotiations."

Legolas said, "I understand. However, I think for now we should rejoin the party and make sure Emily gets the other bottles."
~~~~
Sivana Mansion, Fawcett City, Wisconsin, Earth

Alexander Sivana was surprised to receive a phone call from his niece so late at night. It was unlike her to call home all of a sudden, and more unlikely for her to talk to him about her love life. He didn't even think she had one until rumors reached him that she was dating a mine owner named Sebastian Sage. He did not treat the subject seriously because his intelligence showed that this man could not touch anyone without stealing their powers or rendering them unconscious. Such a man could not hope to gain permission to marry a Sivana!

"Yes...you have met with Kristoff? This is very good...it is good to throw him a birthday party. He grew up with a lot less money than us, I think he will appreciate anything you give him. I understand...but we will still need to negotiate the dowry...and if Leonard Thawne reappears we must honor our commitment that betrothed. I know he has been 'dead' for awhile, but that means little. You will learn more when you get older...it is very late, we will discuss this later," He said.

This was very unnatural and had to be investigated immediately. Uncle Lex decided to call a person who was listed in Emily's emergancy contacts. Hopefully, they would be able to tell him what was actually going on.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Sebastian was awaken mid-morning by a call from the Charltonburg Police Department. They were reporting the appearance of Verde and Violetta gang enforcers near the corner of Giordano and Schwartz. It was a holiday on Legion World, so they were very concerned about violence during the festival. The Charltonburg Police Department was competent, but they knew that they were nothing against enforcers who could were indestructible.

On his way out, Question Lad realized that Urraca had already left. She left a note which said, My lawyer is on vacation so I have to wait three days to get the marriage contract drawn. I am going to see if any offices on Legion World are open today. He was disappointed that today was a national holiday, because it meant that their marriage would be delayed.

He quickly made his way to Giordano and Schwartz, and could already see a police barricade. Officer Angela Vargas gave him a debriefing that they believed the Tyrian was holding up hostages in an abandoned building. The Tyrian (populary called the dread lord Tyrian because of a typo) can control minds, and has been responsible for many deaths. He worked for Violetta, but the drug lord feared he would someday try to usurp power. Informers have reported that he may someday take control of Charltonburg's cartels by force. As Question Lad walked inside of the building, he could hear singing. It was sung with sweetness, like a children's song.

"...you better run, better run," The Tyrian sang. The smell of blood was in the air, and the hostages were lined up as if for target practice. One of the hostages got up and began to run, which is when Question Lad ran into action. The dread lord didn't see him coming, and they struggled until the Tyrian lost his gun.

"What kind of hero are you? You can't run faster than a bullet!" The Tyrian sarcastically quipped. Their fights always turned physical because The Tyrian's powers did not work on Question Lad. He had so many other peoples memories in his head that it provided him a defense against amateur mind controllers.

The sound of thunder could be heard as the two fought. The building was very run-down, so rain began to pour into the building. This proved to be a blessing since the Tyrian's powers were pheromone based, so his victims snapped out of his control and they ran for their lives.

"If we keep meeting like this, we'll have to develop a playlist," The Tyrian remarked as he punched Question Lad in the ribcage.

As he staggered from the blow, Question Lad replied, "More like a soundtrack."

"Ooh a movie! We'll split the profits fifty-fifty of course, but we all know I will be the real star," The Tyrian smiled. This distracted him long enough for Question Lad to knock him out. Question Lad called Officer Vargas, and the Charltonburg Police Department took him into custody. The Tyrian had an outstanding warrant, which gave a cause to make a quick arrest.

Officer Vargas asked Question Lad, "Are you alright? You do not look very well."

"It is nothing...I am perfectly fine..." He said before collapsing. Officer Vargas immediately called for paramedics, who were on the scene attending to the hostages as the police were taking statements.
~~~~

Question Lad awoke to find Urraca de Silva and a nurse standing over him. He was very confused as to why a nurse was in his house. It took him a few minutes to realize he was in the hospital.

"Why are you here?" Sebastian asked.

Urraca smiled, "We are going to get married!"

"No, not you. Why is he here?" Sebastian asked.

The nurse replied, "I have missed you too."

"That is very nice, but I think Sebastian would like to spend some time with his fiancee," Urraca said.

The nurse said, "I need to attend to my patient, please wait outside the door." The woman looked like she wanted to protest, but instead walked out of the door. The nurse was a little surprised to see that the door glowed as she slammed it.

"The doctor is going to release you in a few hours. You are not to assert yourself for three days. That means no crime-fighting, and if I discover you here again during that time I will persuade the doctor to place you on medical suspension. Do you understand me?" He said. Sebastian nodded in response.

"That is good, because I don't like seeing you hurt," the nurse said. He then grabbed a few charts and walked out of the room. Urraca almost got slammed by the door because she was listening in on their conversation. Before she went back into the room, another nurse handed her a gift. It appeared to be from Emily Sivana.

Urraca walked back into the room and sat in a chair next to Sebastian's bed. He noticed the gift bag, and thought it was nice that Emily sent him a present.

He asked, "What is it?"

"I don't know, " Urraca lied. She knew it was more of the love potion. She had called Emily earlier to send her more because she was worried that Sebastian would be free from the spell before her lawyer would be available.

Sebastian opened the bottle, "It smells like the drink we had at the party last night. I wonder what is in this stuff...you know I think I will visit the laboratory after I get released."

Urraca smiled, "Sure, whatever you want. I want to do some shopping anyways, so we can meet up again at dinner."

The doctor did release Sebastian in a few hours, just like the nurse told him. They got into the car, just when his Omnicom rang. He told Urraca to get the phone because he was busy driving. She picked up the phone to discover that it was the Charltonburg Police Department. Urraca listened as they reported the death of two men near the Korenman Bridge, and that a woman called Madam Verde was responsible.

"Do not worry, somebody will be there shortly," Urraca said. She lied to Question Lad and told him that Officer Vargas was asking about his condition.

"Please let me off at Korenman," She asked.

Sebastian said, "You always like to buy those brand name clothes."

"Yes, I like to buy those brand name clothes," Urraca lied. Instead of going shopping, she had decided to fight Madam Verde herself.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Urraca de Silva walked towards Korenman Bridge to find a scene of desolation. There was at least two people laying on the ground. The buildings near the bridge apparently had been evacuated, and a few of the buildings were boarded up. There was blood on the roads. Urraca was shocked, but kept walking forward.

On one of the supports were tied several victims, and in front of them was a woman dressed completely in green. She looked like a comic book character. Her hair was jet black and she bore a smile on her face.

"Come closer, dear. Did Violetta send you?" The woman asked.

Urraca got closer, "I am here to fight for the one I love."

The woman started laughing, "That is a good one. I like it so much, I will give you a chance to run away."

Urraca shouted, "Never!" She grabbed a comb in her purse and used her power to turn potential energy into kinetic energy, then threw it. It freed the captives, though one of them was in pain because her aim was a bit off. The woman was not expecting an decided to begin attacking Urraca.

Urraca started grabbing coupons in her purse and throwing it at the villainess. The objects seemed to be bouncing off of her, because she walked like a runway model through the explosions. Her expression was like a tigress on the hunt, and she even caught one of the objects Urraca threw at her and crushed it to a pulp.

"You are out of ideas, aren't you dear?" The woman taunted. As she reached out to attack Urraca, the villainess heard the sound of footsteps, so she quickly pushed Urraca before turning around.

"Question Lad! How are you?" She said as if greeting an old friend.

"It is a lovely day when you aren't killing people," Question Lad replied.

"They all aren't innocent people. Most of them are connected some way or the other to Violetta. I am afraid we don't have time to chat today. I will make this easy on you, leave or the woman dies" She declared.

Question Lad was at a loss at what to do. He did not bring any equipment with him because he was almost at the laboratory when the Charltonburg Police Department called asking why he wasn't present. All he had a was that strange drink...maybe he could toss it to Urraca to explode? He held his breath and tossed it towards Urraca...but it was stopped by the foot of the villainess.

"A toast before she dies? Very well, Question Lad. It's funny how out of town criminals believe you kill, but all of us here in Charltonburg know that is false. You need us just as much as we need you. I toast to you!" She said.

"Do not drink that!" Urraca yelled. The villainess thought about kicking her, but decided it could wait. She downed the entire bottle in a matter of minutes. It was the sweetest thing she had tasted in a long time. Her mind was flooded with strange thoughts as she stared down at Question Lad, and she dropped the bottle to the floor.

"What would you like me to do?" The villainess asked.

"Madam Verde, I want you to turn yourself in," Question Lad said.

"Of course I will," Madam Verde agreed.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Chapter 2: Matchmaking Madness

Emily could not believe the news. Madam Verde had turned herself over to the police and confessed guilty to all charges. It seemed very surreal considering the amount of crimes she committed. She had no motive to turn herself in; after all bullets bounced off of her. Emily felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Kristoff.

"We must get ready for the party, dear," Kristoff said.

Emily smiled, "I am three steps ahead of you. The caterers will be here in half-an-hour. We are also expecting a special guest."

Kristoff asked, "Who is it?"

"I do not know. I received a message from Aunt Venus this morning which said they sending someone to help see to negotiations," Emily paused, then turned around to look directly at Kristoff. "I do not know if that is the truth," she added.

Kristoff replied, "It should be perfectly fine. Do you know anything about how your parents arrangement went?"

"Well, my family tree is a little bit complicated. My father decided to get married later in life than normal. My paternal great-grandmother was disappointed by the choices of her children, so she insisted on arranging her grandchildren's marriages. Back in those days, Lupercalia was the popular matchmaking service. My parents knew each other as children, so they gradually fell in love. My maternal side was a bit concerned about losing their only daughter, but in the end my parents got married," Emily explained.

Kristoff mused, "I wonder why we are not using Lupercalia then."

Emily frowned, "They were known for promoting close relationships...between cousins, uncles and nieces, and the like. They were scandalized for accidentally arranging a marriage between half-siblings. One of the workers formed Carmentalia as a response to that, which discourages marriage between blood relations within six generations."

Kristoff was about to reply when the doorbell rang. He went to open the door to reveal a thin who wore sunglasses. He was armed with a pen and clipboard. Kristoff looked over to see a rather peculiar list...Sebastian/Brittany, Kristoff/Urraca, Emily/Someone Better.

Kristoff asked, "Who are you?"

The man took off his glasses with his free hand and replied, "I am Xiaoping Syaoran. I was sent here on behalf of Emily Sivana's family. I work for the Hong Kong Great Romance Detective Agency."

Kristoff opened the door and let the man inside. The man looked around the Carpathia, making notes on his clipboard. Kristoff felt a magical aura on this man. The name Syaoran was vaguely familiar to Kristoff, he felt he read it recently in a book. Emily and Syaoran greeted each other, then the three of them sat down around a coffee table.

Emily smiled, "Is there a problem, sir?"

"That is why I was sent here, Ms. Sivana. It is a bit uncommon for a couple to want to get married after the first date," He said. When a servant came into the room, he promptly ordered a cup of tea. Kristoff and Emily looked at each other because they took it as a sign that he would be staying for awhile.

"Now, your family trees do not meet at all. However, that does not mean neither of you carry recessive genes for a serious disease," He stated.

Emily nodded, "We will get genetic testing after the party is over."

Xiaoping asked, "Are both of you single?"

Kristoff was about to answer "no" and kindly show the man the door, but Emily spoke before he got the chance. She said, "I was dating Sebastian Sage until the day before yesterday, but then he fell in love with Urraca and I fell in love with Kristoff."

"What do you mean by fall in love?" Xiaoping asked. He was beginning to think that this was an unusual case. He knew that true love existed, but it usually was not this instant.

"Well I--" She was interrupted by a sudden crash. One of the servers had tripped down the stairs carrying a tray filled with crystal that was previously stored in the attic. The three people rushed to the server's side.

When the servant came around, Kristoff asked her what had happened. She responded that it was if a ghost pushed her down the stairs. She did not see or hear anyone as she was walking down the hall. Xiaoping took this moment to move up a couple of steps and look down the hall, and that is when he saw an elf.

This is a strange case indeed, he thought.

[ July 07, 2012, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Chapter 3: Parlor Tricks

Sebastian Sage and Urraca de Silva walked into the ballroom hand-in-hand. She was wearing a long pink dress and vinyl white gloves. Her powers were acting erratic ever since the battle with Madam Verde. Other members of her family had similar powers, but in recent years they only used them for practical purposes.

"Children! Why on Earth did Emily and Kristoff invite children?",She frowned as she saw a couple of children walk by.

Sebastian replied, "I think they are related to her through her mother. Her mother had six or seven brothers."

"I hate children," Urraca almost shouted.

Sebastian said, "Shh...not so loud. If it makes you feel any better, I have been planning to adopt an heir."

The two of them saw that the dance floor was currently empty. The staff was currently providing entertainment in the form of a Raltveech masque. Urraca and Sebastian squirmed a bit because the Raltveech are the archenemy of the Nasgerian, but said nothing as they approached the seating area. Urraca saw that some of guests were going towards the left corner of the room. She told Sebastian she was going to see what it was.

There was a man sitting at a small table dressed in oriental clothes. He was reading a fortune to a woman dressed in green. She closed her eyes and thanked him before silently walking away. She seems disappointed," Urraca thought.

"Hello, Urraca de Silva. My name is Xiaoping Syaoran. Would you like me to read your fortune?" He asked with a smile. She nodded yes in agreement. Xiaoping gave her the deck to shuffle, and it was obvious that these weren't Tarot cards.

She asked, "What kind of cards are these?"

"These were created by Clow Reed using a combination of Eastern and Western magic," He answered. This answered satisfied her and she handed the deck back to Xiaoping. He placed the cards in a the Celtic Cross spread.

He lifted up the first card and said, "The Flower represents your current circumstances. You are now capable of showing what you are truly made of."

He flipped the second card and said, "The Fly represents a new perspective is helping you."

Urraca asked, "A new perspective of what?"

"It could be a new perspective on love," He said. Xiaoping knew she was "dating" Sebastian Sage. He was hoping to get some information out of her through this reading.

"The best you can do at the moment is represented by The Lock in reverse," He continued after flipping the third card. "There is a solution present, but you need to put some effort in order to find it. Of course, unless you do not want a solution..."

"Of course I want a solution! I came to this planet to marry Sebastian Sage," Urraca said. She found herself losing her temper, and looked down to see that her gloves were glowing. Urraca took a deep breath and apologized for her actions.

"The Freeze is a hidden factor," Xiaoping continued. He was not easily hurt by emotional outbursts. "If it is related to your relationship, it means you either have to put things on hold or act quickly."

"That doesn't make any sense," Urraca mused.

"You must decide for yourself," He said. "The next card is The Dream. This one is more obvious, your dream of marrying Sebastian Sage is the effect of the past. You have put aside what others have said in order to achieve your dream." Urraca nodded in agreement and waited for Xiaoping to continue.

"Your next action is The Through in reverse, which symbolizes that you are holding onto an old habit that is hurting you. Can you think of anything you have done to Sebastian that hurt him?" He asked.

She thought back to all those times she spied on him without him noticing or sneaked into his mansion on Nasger when he was not home. She thought about the love potion she gave to him. She replied, "I did it for his own good."

Xiaoping held his tongue and finishes with the reading, "The Wood is how you see yourself: strong and solid with room to grown. The Sweet is how others see you: content with the world. The Wave upright is your hope that things will work out well in your relationship irregardless of circumstances. Last, The Windy is the outcome. Windy is an extremely powerful card; and it means that there will be a new beginning in your life."

Urraca thanked him for the reading and asked where he learned such magic. He replied that he was taught by his mother, and that his father and died in an accident when he was very little.

He asked her, "Do you know anything about a magic potion?"

"No, no I don't," She lied. "How about you ask Kristoff's friend. I think his name Lancelot."

"Thank you, I will do just that," Xiaoping agreed.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

After Urraca walked away, Xiaoping took out the Mirror Card. He unlocked the spirit inside and ordered it to take his place, and handed her a Tarot deck. He knew the readings would be a little stiff, but Mirror was useful. Xiaoping then tried to focus on finding the elf.

He went down to the servant's quarters and entered a room with a checker pattern floor. There were traces of magic on the table. He got closer to the table and noted that there were dark stains that had to have been a few days old. Potion-brewing, Xiaoping thought.

Clank

The door swung open and a figure stood with a bow and arrow drawn. Xiaoping summoned The Arrow, and the female spirit appeared. She was an aggressive spirit. The magician wanted to give the elf a fair warning.

"Legolas, meet The Arrow. She does not shoot single arrows, she shoots one volley at a time," He explained. "I suggest you put your weapon down."

"Very well," Legolas agreed as he put down his weapon. Xiaoping returned The Arrow into card form. "I know you are sent here as a detective. We don't have to interfere in eachother's plans."

Xiaoping asked, "Why are you serving Kristoff von Doom? He is only a moderate level sorcerer at best."

"I need his help to escape a tyrannical master who collects magical creatures. Emily and Kristoff agreed to help me get to Earth," He said.

Xiaoping said, "I understand. By the way, have you ever encountered a creature called a Mokona?"

"Yes," Legolas replied. "It looks like a black rabbit and likes drinking, right? I can tell you where he is if you can promise me something."

"What is it?" Xiaoping asked.

Legolas said, "Let us promise not to interfere in eachother's plans regarding these arranged marriages."

Xiaoping replied, "I promise. There is not much either of us can do at this point. They will be getting genetic testing tomorrow. I am a little bit worried about Emily, to be honest." He then silently walked back down to the party.

"Is that so?" Legolas thought aloud.
~~~~
Franklin Genetics Center, twenty miles between Legionopolis and Charltonburg

Emily, Kristoff, Sebastian, and Urraca were waiting nervously for the results of the genetic tests. In a few minutes the machine would give them the test results. The only person in the room that was nervous was Kristoff. Emily had told him she had "bad genes" and did not want their romance to have an unhappy ending.

Legolas was told to fetch the test results and switch the letters in the envelopes. He was able to do that with ease. Legolas handed the letters to the couples. Urraca grabbed theirs and unopened it.

"Tay-Sachs?!" She shouted in disbelieve. Urraca had no idea what kind of disease this was, but it sounded horrible. She had visions in her head of being mocked by her five older sisters.

She said, "I will have to join a convent. This is terrible, terrible, news." She reached out for comfort and Sebastian gave her a hug. Luckily, he had a general idea of what Tay-Sachs is.

"It is a children's disease, and we aren't going to have any natural children so it does not matter," He answered.

Meanwhile, Emily and Kristoff were happy at their comments. She was a little concerned that at the bottom of the letter it advised them to "take precautions against Nasgerian yellow fever". Neither of them lived on Nasger, so this was a strange result. She took out the piece of paper which held the number used to identify her with the geneticists; they do this in order to ensure confidentiality. The number she was given did not match the number on the paper!

"May I see your letter?" She asked Urraca. The other woman meekly gave her the letter. Sure enough, the letters were somehow switched in the envelopes. It was an odd mistake, but was ignored because of the bigger matter at land. Emily knew there was a possibility she was the carrier of Tay-Sachs.

"I am sorry Kristoff," Emily said. "I can't marry you...I can't marry anyone." She looked like she was on the verge of tears.

Kristoff replied, "I have no objections to adoption. There is a precedence for adoption in my family."

"There is no point to any of this...we should just end it like Romeo and Juliet," She replied. Kristoff was puzzled at her remarks, and looked to the other couple for help. Urraca was talking cheerily on her cell phone and signaled that they were about to leave. Sebastian and Urraca walked out of the genetics center hand-in-hand.

Kristoff said, "I have a confession to make. I gave you a love potion in order to fall in love with me. You were not in love with me at all." He decided it was time for Emily to know the truth. Kristoff did not expect a result that extreme and understood how hurt Emily must feel. He decided it was time to put an end to this before it went too far.

"I want to hate you," Emily replied in a calm voice. "But something is keeping me from wanting to cause you any harm. An instinct keeps whispering that we should die together in love. I have memories that I loved Sebastian only a few days ago, but he just left with Urraca. Why doesn't he love me anymore?"

"I schemed with Urraca. She wants to marry Sebastian," Kristoff explained. The two of them decided to leave the genetics center and head back towards Legionopolis. Just as they were leaving the genetics center, they saw Xiaoping land directly in front of him. He held a staff that had wings on it, which glowed and faded away after he mumbled a few words.

Xiaoping said, "What were the results of the test?"

Emily spat, "None of your business! Some detective you are! Kristoff just confessed to me that he gave me a love potion. Urraca also gave Sebastian a love potion." She was angry at Xiaoping, and unlike with Kristoff she was allowed to express her rage.

"I had a feeling that is what happened. That is why I have researched an antidote," He said. Xiaoping released The Silent to protect them from eavesdroppers. After that, he took out a faded scroll. He mentioned that while they were getting genetic testing, he spent the last ten hours collecting all of the ingredients.

"...there is only one left. However, right now I need to distract Sebastian and Urraca. Can you two find it for me please?" Xiaoping explained.

"What is it that you need?" Kristoff asked. He had not researched antidotes because he did not believe his plan could go wrong.

Xiaoping answered, "The Tears of Qetesh. They will break the illusions created by the love potion."

Emily asked, "Why should we trust Kristoff? I mean I love you to death--" She struggled to fight the effects of the potion.

"You two will not be alone. This being will go with you as a guide," He said. Xiaoping snapped his fingers and a being that looked like a large white rabbit appeared. It immediately jumped onto Kristoff's shoulder, who tried his best not to display his annoyance. He gently moved it into Emily's arms. She thought it was adorable, and it loved her back.

Xiaoping explained, "This is Soel, one of the Mokonas. He will teleport you to the world the Tears of Qetesh are on. Good luck."

[ July 09, 2012, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Chapter Four: Reason's End
Emily and Kristoff were teleported by Mokona to their destination. Their surroundings was a planet with a few plants and animals, but seemed devoid of human life. They walked a little until they found a pair of footprints.

"If we follow these footprints, we might find our destination," Emily said.

Kristoff remarked, "This feels like a trap."

Emily replied, "Why should I listen to you..." She had to bite her tongue to prevent herself from saying a positive term to describe Kristoff. She hoped to never see the man again after this was over. The Tay-Sachs indication was terrible, but it would save her from marrying this monster.

"Your family desperately needs...where did that creature go?" Kristoff asked. They looked towards the footprints to see that Mokona was far ahead of them. "Where are you going?" Kristoff yelled.

"I am following the footprints that lead to the road," Mokona yelled back. The creature kept walking ahead because it knew that the humans needed him to get back to Legionworld. Emily and Kristoff had no choice to run after it.

When they caught up with Mokona, it had crossed the road. Emily and Kristoff saw a truck drove by that was from a Raltveech charity. They crossed the street and join Mokona.

"Why did you cross the street?" Emily asked.

Mokona replied, "Humanoids usually build their villages by the street." They slowly walked forward and saw a couple of children playing outside of a village. The children stared at them, but did not seem afraid. As they approached, Emily found it odd that there were no adults present.

Emily said, "I don't like this at all."

"You were the one that suggested we should follow the footprints," Kristoff commented. The two of them walked into the village and began to hear the sound of a man's voice. Emily and Kristoff looked at each other in fear, because they recognized that voice. They saw a girl walk out of the building in the center of the village, and the two of them decided to take a peak.

"This village shall one day be a city," He stated. "The oppressors shall be overthrown, and after that only the gods know. Their plans are difficult for me to understand, but I have seen them....just as I see the two beings hiding behind the door!" The people in the back moved aside, while two young men moved the cloth which covered the entrance. Emily and Kristoff froze at the thought of confronting Nrrev again.

Nrrev stood up from his chair. He was in a form that could best be described as half-Durlan half-something else. He looked down upon his guests as they slowly walked forward. He could see fear in their eyes. The woman had ruined his plans and the man was a fool.

"Give me one reason I should not kill you now," He asked. Kristoff saw that there were three firearms on the table next to Nrrev. Mokona was the only one who showed no fear at this encounter.

It spoke, "We haven't done anything to hurt you. Why would you want to hurt us?"

"This woman sent me to prison. This man is an embarrassment to the Terran species. Know this, my people, that he held the power to speak to the gods and he lost it!" Nrrev said. This statement caused laughter amongst the crowd. If Kristoff did not wear a mask, his face would be glowing red from shame.

Nrrev said, "I do not like this universe. There is too much war and death."

"But if you case war and death, wouldn't that defeat the purpose?" Emily asked. She never understood Nrrev's logic. Though she could understand his pain, because she did not like death either.

"I do not claim to understand the gods, only to know their presence. That is what I used that object for, along with other things," Nrrev explained. He then realized that he was probably giving his "enemies" too much information. "Why did you could here?", He said in order to change the subject.

Kristoff said, "We need a plant called the Tears of Qetesh." At the end of this sentence their were whispers throughout the room. Nrrev silenced the people and told them to leave.

"We have those plants, but little else. I can't give you a plant because we need them for trade. Life is a struggle here," Nrrev stated plainly.

Mokona spoke, "What about a trade?" Emily and Kristoff looked at each other because this seemed ridiculous. Neither of them brought many things with them. Could they afford Nrrev's price?

Emily said, "Let me see here. I have a hundred Raltveech Daaldre because Sebastian and I were planning on going on vacation...Sebastian." She thought to herself how difficult it might be after this love potion business was over. She did not know how this was all going to end.

Nrrev said, "I would consider it Predestined. A hundred Raltveech Daaldre is quite a lot of food. What else do you have?"

Kristoff said, "I have fifty Terran Dollars."

Nrrev laughed, "Those are no longer legal currency. You will have do better than that." Their conversation was interrupted by a a girl who ran into the room. She shouted that her brother was very sick and needed a doctor.

"My grandmother said to get the foreigners. Can they help us?" She asked. Before Nrrev can answer, the team ran after the girl. They saw that her little brother was laying on a thin bed. His eyes were bloodshot and he looked very dehydrated.

Kristoff said, "Emily, please follow my instructions."

"Of course I will, I will always--yes, I mean yes," She replied. She felt sympathetic for Kristoff and it was difficult to tell if it was a genuine emotion or an effect of the love potion. Maybe there was some good in him after all. She did not know if she could like him, but she had a feeling in the future she might be able to forgive him.

Kristoff chanted a lengthy spell. He asked for protection for the child and healing. Emily quietly followed every order he gave, and after an hour the boy appeared normal. He literally jumped up and told his sister he was ready to start playing again.
~~~~
"It isn't necessary for you to give this money," Nrrev stated. He was grateful that the boy survived. Nrrev handed them a plant in a pot, so that way they would have as many Tears of Qetesh as they needed. Mokona teleported them back to Legion World.

Chapter Five: Cards and Conclusions

Xiaoping was struggling to keep up with Urraca and Sebastian. He disguised one building using The Illusion, but they simply went to another courthouse. Xiaoping did not want to use the Maze or Loop to trap them because it would also interfere with local traffic. He was saving the aggressive cards such as Arrow and Shot in case of an emergency.

As they arrived to another building, Xiaoping shouted, "The Lock!" This card created a magical lock on the door. Unfortunately, Urraca and Sebastian simply went walked around the building to another door. Xiaoping panicked and shouted, "The Freeze!" The two of them turned frozen solid, which would buy him some time. Urraca's powers were triggered by the spell and the two of them were promptly free, and seemed oblivious to what had just occurred. The couple walked hand-in-hand inside the building.

"Mokona!" A voice said from above. Emily and Kristoff were back in time for him to finish the potion. Xiaoping summoned the cauldron and his clipboard and asked for the final ingredient.

Emily said, "I think this plant is too small."

"Do not worry, there is a Clow Card for everything! The Flower!" Xiaoping said quickly. This spirit touched the Tears of Qetesh and it immediately flowered. He added them to the potion and then poured the potion into bottles. Kristoff did not understand why he decided to finish the potion last minute.

Kristoff asked, "What if we run out of time?"

"There is a card for that too!" Xiaoping said. He summoned The Through so that they could phase through the walls into the room where the wedding would take place. The three of them came into the room through the back wall.

"What is the meaning of this?" Urraca shouted.

Kristoff said, "We wish to toast with the couple before the marriage."

"I have never heard of such a thing," Sebastian said. He narrowed his eyes in disbelief and thought Kristoff was lying.

Emily added,"It is a tradition. Isn't that right?" The administrator simply nodded as he had seen far stranger customs during his career. Xiaoping summoned some glasses and they poured the antidote into the potion.

Xiaoping toasted, "Here is to new beginnings!" They all drank the potion and their eyes glowed yellow from the effect. Emily and Sebastian were freed from the love potion. He was very upset that he was in the same room as Urraca, and immediately went to Emily's side.

He asked, "Can we go away from here?"

"I think we should go away for awhile," Emily replied. The six of them decided to go to a local restaurant to figure out what to do next. She was not sure what they could do about Kristoff and Urraca. It would be hard to prove magic love potions in court. Mokona interrupted if she still had any of that love potion left, and she replied that she still have three bottles inside her room.Mokona quickly teleported in and out of the Office of Security* with the bottles.

Mokona said, "Don't be so gloom! Mokona will drink with you!" Kristoff and Urraca were sitting across from each other feeling sorry for themselves. They meekly accepted the drinks and did not realize it was the love potion.

Xiaoping smiled, "This has been an incredible case. Thank you for your hospitality, but Mokona and I must be going!" The five of them waved goodbye to Mokona and Xiaoping before they teleported away. Kristoff and Urraca were already in eachother's arms.

Emily and Sebastian decided they were going to spend next weekend in Raltvee. They felt that the events caused by the love potion should be forgiven. There was no way they could try them in court, and Mokona had given them vengeance. There was nothing else they could do but move forward. They left the restaurant without saying a word to Kristoff and Urraca. They could forgive them without liking them.

Kristoff and Urraca were the last to leave the restaurant. As they left the building, a tall figure was pointing an arrow at them. Kristoff then remembered the promise he had made when this whole experiment started.

Kristoff said, "You are welcome to come with us. We are to Nasger to discuss the dowry tomorrow, and then to Earth to finalize the marriage."

"Thank you, Kristoff. You are a good master," Legolas replied. The three of them went to check into a hotel.

*= Mokona was created by Clow Reed and Yuko, two incredibly powerful sorcerers. He can teleport between dimensions, so I think he can teleport in without being detected.
~~~~
Sakura Suisen was closing the restaurant that evening. As she cleaned the tables she saw two perfectly good bottles of cherry soda laying on the table. They did not look like the bottles sold in the restaurant. She decided to take them with her to a party later that evening. What harm could it do?, she thought.

THE END

[ July 10, 2012, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.