Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » The Long Klordny - Casting Call

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Long Klordny - Casting Call
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't really feel inspired to write today, so I decided to try something a little different with the story I've been writing, "The Long Klordny" - a little bit of dream casting for how I envision each of the main characters I've been writing about.

Mostly I've pulled my cast from classic actors of the 30's and 40's, but in two cases (Matlock and My Whee Fem) I already had such a solid idea in my head of how they "looked", that only two more recent actors could fill their shoes (but, trust me, each of two roles that they played are firmly planted in the noir tradition, so I feel like they fit just fine).

So, without further ado:

The Long Klordny:

The Movie

Starring

Veronica Lake as "Lotta Handsome"

-

The femme fatale who everybody wanted to love... but somebody wanted to kill.

Ward Bond as "Junior Handsome"

-

The heir apparent to a mafia fortune, trying his hardest to go legit... or so he says.

Peter Falk as "Matlock"

-

The detective on the trail of a killer. Don't let his appearance fool you... he's the smartest guy in the room.

Leo Gorcey as "Exnihil"

-

The producer accidently caught in the middle of a conspiracy... who could wind up taking the rap.

Carole Lombard as "Emily Sivana"

-

The sharpest set of eyes in five systems... and the only person Ex can trust.

continued...

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

George Sanders as "Tamper Lad"

-

Elegant... eloquent... and evil to the core.

Ray Milland as "Kid Quislet"

-

The lawyer who might be playing both sides of the game... or just one: his own.

H. B. Warner as "Eddie Stilton - the Blue Cheese Kid"

-

Once a criminal mastermind... now a broken man who can't forget the past.

Robert Ryan as "The Red Fist"

-

The boxer looking to have one more great fight... if only they'd let him.

and

Devon Aoki as "My Whee Fem"

-

The deadly girl with the mysterious past... who might just be the key to it all.

[ June 20, 2012, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I love this! As you probably know, I'm a huge movie buff, especially classic film noir of the 30's and 40's so this is too cool for words.

You know, I kind of already pictured Veronica Lake as Lotta.

And Carole Lombard...those eyes...that hair. Suddenly Cobalt Kid is interested in Emily Sivana all over again. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for making me feel beautiful, Exnihil. We should chat sometime about projects.

Cobalt Kid, you could take a look at the premise for the love story I'm currently writing and see if you are interested.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Em, I looked at it and it looked pretty cool, but honestly I'm so swamped with all these other projects I'm working on LW that I don't think I'd be able to take on another one at this time until some of the ones I'm doing are finished. Having two little kids and a job that has become increasingly demanding isn't helping, leaving me with even less time than I wished.

So--let's keep it in the back of our minds going forward!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Having an awesome time with this saga! Can't wait for more, and I LOVE the images!!!

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Just bored at work, I decided to cast a few more of the roles in my story, The Long Klordny.

These next three aren't part of the main cast, but a few of the bit players that have popped up so far:

Harold Lloyd as "Director Lad"

-

The tinseltown director who'll never give up the dream... no matter how long it takes

Alan Ladd as "Phil Marlowe"

-

The reporter chasing a story down a rabbit hole... but how deep does it go?

and Lizabeth Scott as "Angora Swetters"

-

The troubled heiress with a taste for danger... and a look to kill for.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.