Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Raltvee (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Raltvee
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Excerpt from Raltvee: The Travel Guide

The Republic of Raltvee is a member of the United Planets and an important economic power. They are most well known for the production of textiles and role in the spice trade. Their major rival is the Kingdom of Nasger, and there have been wars between the two in the past.

Fortunately, the two powers have recently signed a peace treaty so both merchants and tourists can travel in Raltvee in relative safely.

Travel Safety Advice: It is not wise to play cards on Sundays, because you can be criticized by natives. Recently there have been witch-trials, which are supported by the current Stadtholder of Raltvee who is terrified of being killed by a witch.

Piracy: Some places in the Republic of Raltvee have been raided by pirates. Precautions should especially be taken along the border between Raltveech and Nasgerian space.

Epidemics: The throat pox epidemic is gone and the main port on Raltvee proper has been reopened to trade. Please check the spaceports for updates.
~~~~

Sebastian stood in the spaceport with Emily. They were waiting for their luggage to arrive so they could leave. This was the first time the both of them had been to Raltvee. Sebastian was looking forward to seeing the markets and doing some business in the diamond exchange. Emily was happy to get away from the office and spend time with him.

Emily waved to a group of people entering the area, "I think I see Blaze and Invisible Brainiac."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
"Told you you should have used a backpack," IB said cheekily. He was wearing shorts and a form-fitting light green shirt which showed off his chest and arms.

Blaze grunted as he shifted his gym bag. He was dressed in a light brown shirt, and if its fit hadn't highlighted his arms, his flexing now certainly did. "I don't have any large backpacks! And aren't we going to stow our luggage while we're out?"

IB shrugged. "I'm not totally clear on our itinerary yet. I expect we'll have a good hotel, or maybe even one of Emily's or Sebastian's friends has a place we could stay, but don't you want to do some exploring too?" IB winked as he said that last word, and Blaze grinned back. They loved to "explore" each new place they visited, and that often led to a very in-depth exploration of their relationship too.

"Oh, there they are!" IB called, tapping Blaze on the shoulder. "Come on, I'm sure you'll love hanging with them."

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Emily said, "I am glad everyone found their luggage! One of my friends is waiting for us outside the terminal." The four of them followed the crowd to the exit, which was filled with people holding signs, flowers, and other objects. They stood for a minute while Emily looked for the person they were meeting.

She spotted a woman holding a sign that said, "Legion World." Sure enough, it was her friend. Her family had sided with previous regime on Earth, and decided to live in Raltvee after they lost. She was dressed in a dark red skirt with a matching blouse.

Emily's friend said, "I am so glad you all could make it! My name is Ruth Craig and you'll be staying in my family's hotel. You can tell me some things you would be interested in seeing and doing on the way."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

"Anything adventurous!" Blaze grinned as he shook Ruth's hand.

"What he means," IB grinned as he also took Ruth's hand, "is we'd love to see the natural side of Raltvee. Go diving, or water sports. But I'm also interested in history - any ancient ruins, temples and the like."

"And the food, of course," Blaze grinned. The two boys looked at each other and smiled. They were really planning on enjoying themselves.

"How about you, Emily, Sebastian?"

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Excerpt from Raltvee: The Travel Guide

The capital city of Raltvee is New Church. This city was founded by a religious sect over three hundred years ago. The people did not have much money, so the settlement originally consisted of a small town and a church, so it was named 'New Church'. The actual church is open to the general public and performs services every Sunday.
~~~~

The four of them made their way towards a bus and discussed further travel plans. Ruth informed them that they would be traveling by bus to one of the canals, and from there they would go to the hotel. As they traveled to the canals, they saw many fine buildings.

Ruth said, "I was thinking we could go to the beach..."

"Wouldn't it be a better idea to go to the historical sights before? The guide says they are close," Sebastian interrupted. Emily thought he was being a bit rude. Blaze and Invisible Brainiac decided to stay out of the conversation.

Ruth replied, "Actually, it the beaches are not far at all. We could go to the beach today and see the sights tomorrow..."

"No, I--" Sebastian saw the look Emily was giving him and decided it was best to be quiet. Maybe he would get lucky and it would start to rain. He continued, "I think that would be fine."

Ruth asked the other two guests, "What do you think?"

Invisible Brainiac replied tactfully, "I think we should see how we feel after dinner. We are all very hungry."

Ruth gasped, "I completely forgot about dinner! Please don't worry, we have plenty of fine restaurants. In fact, the best restaurant in this sector is on Raltvee!" Emily and Sebastian exchanged a look, because they were not sure if this was true or merely a rumor.

The five of them got off the boss and preceded to the boats in the canals. They were able to view a beautiful sunset over New Church. Some of the shops were coming alive, while residential areas were covered in darkness. The five of them looked forward to dinner.

[ July 19, 2012, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

As the sun set, Invisible Brainiac used his light powers to enhance the show. He loved using his powers for non-violent purposes.

He slowly highlighted the orange glow, while blocking some of the city lights so they wouldn't spoil nature's own.

Blaze gasped in amazement. "That's wonderful, hon. You're so good with your powers!"

IB smiled back at him. "And so are you. Why don't you come here and help me? You can lend your fiery glow as the sun gets darker."

And Blaze did. The two of them together produced a breathtaking sunset. Invisible Brainiac even got pictures on some of the film he carried. He also took a few with Emily, Sebastian and Ruth. The 5 all nodded approvingly as they looked at the proof that they had been to New Church.

As they settled down, Emily spoke up. "What type of cuisine does Raltvee specialize in, Ruth? I heard that it's very hearty, and that Raltvee also draws on culinary influences from nearby planets."

Ruth smiled. "You'll see soon enough, my dears."

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The boats landed on the shore of a busy street. Ruth paid the boatmen and they proceeded to the restaurant. The outside of the building had black and white designs. Sebastian admired the architecture as they walked towards the door. They entered the restaurant and were promptly seated. This was a little surprising to the guests because this was supposed to be a very popular place.

"Why are there so few people here?" Emily asked.

Ruth replied, "We are eating later than usual in Raltvee. We usually eat dinner at 6:00 P.M." The server came and handed them menus. After ten minutes of trying to decipher the ingredients, they decided to let Ruth order for them.

The first dish that was ordered was a potato soup served in a Centaurian potato. Centaurian potatoes are about the size of an eggplant and were brought to Raltveech in the last century. This was followed by a chicory salad which was served with a Xudarian dressing.

Ruth commented, "Have you ever seen the New Xudarians in concert?"

Sebastian replied, "I wish I could."

"I'll see what I can do," Ruth replied. Just as she finished that sentence, the waiter reappeared with plates of meatballs for everyone. The next dish was spring rolls, which was a little surprising to the guests. The meal was finished with a slice of apple tart.

Ruth asked, "So what do we want to do now?"

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Invisible Brainiac rubbed his tummy, while Blaze tried to burp discreetly. Both politely thanked Ruth for the great meal, with Invisible Brainiac noting that he'd try to remake the potato soup and meatballs back on Legion World.

In response to Ruth's question, Blaze asked - "Are there any good bars or pubs around here? I'd like to try the local alcohol."

IB piped up. "Of course, if not all of you drink, Blaze and I understand. We could go ourselves later on after we've checked into our hotel."

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Sebastian thought to himself. I really shouldn't, my memory is terrible enough without drinking. I don't want Emily to think I am lame though. He said, "I have a meeting tomorrow morning with the diamond exchange. Emily, why don't you go with Blaze and Invisible Brainiac to the Indigo Zone?"

Emily asked, "What is the Indigo Zone?"

"It's where all the night-clubs are. They have an agreement with the government to host all sorts of events everyday that are sometimes restricted under our laws," Ruth explained.

"What kind of laws?" Blaze asked.

Ruth replied, "Our planet was originally founded by extremely religious people. Many people here are still religious, but tolerance has grown as trade has increased. Our laws are different from many other places; and some places in Raltvee have different laws. The most important thing you have to know is not to be caught drinking alcohol outside of the Indigo Zone after midnight. Tomorrow is Sunday and the law is very restrictive on that day. It is also inadvisable to play cards after midgnight; it isn't illegal but everyone will gossip about your behavior."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. Emily didn't go to clubs often, and wondered what they would be like in Raltvee. She hoped it would be fun. As a member of the Security Office she did not party a lot, and as a civilian the parties she went were usually family gatherings. The five of them settled the bill after a bit of wrangling, and then left the restaurant. They were fortunate enough to find a boat. Unfortunately, it began to rain as they journeyed to the hotel. I am glad we did not go to the beach, Emily thought.

They walked into the hotel to see several men working on the lobby floor. Ruth blushed and quickly summoned staff members to take their luggage. Ruth was able to confirm their reservations and get their keys from the receptionist.

[ July 22, 2012, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

As they went up to their rooms, Invisible Brainiac asked Emily. "It's raining pretty hard tonight. Do you want to visit the Indigo Zone tomorrow instead?"

Emily thought for a moment. She was curious about what it would be like, but alcohol and rain weren't that good an idea. "Maybe we should wait a couple of hours and see what happenes with the weather. Anyway, we can consume alcohol within the Indigo Zone after midnight, and it is still early."

Blaze looked at the elevator menu as they went up. "There are quite a few amenities here. Look, they have traditional Raltvee baths! Maybe we can try those out too."

IB thought for a moment. "Maybe we should go to the baths AFTER we go drinking, if we do. So we don't have to get dressed after that."

"Why don't we all check in and get settled in our rooms first, and THEN we can decide how to spend the night?" Sebastian suggested. "We can discuss in 30 minutes."

All four agreed before parting ways. Blaze and Invisible Brainiac went off to the room they shared.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Sebastian Sage closed the door to his room and sat on the bed. He was happy to be with his friends, but was a bit nervous about the meeting tomorrow. The Raltveech and Nasgerians were rivals since before he was born, and he wasn't sure if any peace treaty would change that. He was beginning to regret bringing his work with him, but he was just so used to it. Back at the office, Sam would sometimes joke that Sebastian had a "Hunger Games" adolescence but he had no idea what that meant. He earned enough money to buy a company and earn a place in society. Of course he still wasn't happy with that, so he joined the LMB. He wouldn't be the first Nasgerian business owner to spend a lot of time abroad.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. He opened the door to find Ruth standing there. Sebastian asked, "Hello. Is something wrong?"

Ruth paused, "No. I mean yes...can I come in?" He nodded the door and she closed it behind them. He sat on the desk chair and she sat on the bed. She looked very troubled.

Ruth said, "My family is trying to rebuild it's fortunes after the troubles, so I'm starting to look for a suitable husband. I can't marry a Raltveech because it makes it look like my family will never return to Earth. I am looking for someone rich, maybe connected to the Tournaments. Do you know anybody that is currently available?"

Sebastian had to restrain himself from laughing. It was strange to here a Raltveech talk of marrying a Nasgerian! There were so many differences between the two nations that the question of intermarriage rarely arises. He finally managed to answer, "Unfortunately, I only know of two single men who are currently available that fit that description. One of them is embroiled in a terrible scandal, and the other one has a lot of problems."

"Oh," Ruth said. "Do you ever miss it?"

"No...I only miss people sometimes. I feel bad for my former friends who ruined their contracts and whose lives are not very good. I guess you are a fan?" Sebastian asked. He had not competed in Tournaments for almost four years and was rarely asked these questions nowadays. In all honesty, they felt like a dream of a dream.

"Yes, I watched them a lot when I was in high school too. Sousa Telecom was big where I lived until...until..." She closed her eyes and refrained from continuing the conversation. "Anyways, there is a legitimate Tournament Arena underneath the Indigo Zone." She left the conversation at that and decided to take her leave, citing "pressing matters at the front desk". Sebastian thought the conversation was very weird, but it made him feel nostalgic. It felt strange to feel nostalgic for such a difficult part of his life, but in a way it was simpler than life was right now.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Invisible Brainiac and Blaze greeted Emily as she stepped out of the elevator. Emily walked a little self-consciously. "Am I dressed appropriately for the Indigo Zone?" she asked.

Blaze nodded. "No need to be too formal. We were thinking of hitting a dance club for a while, then spending the rest of the night just sitting down and drinking."

"Not even the rest of the night," smiled IB. "We don't want to spend most of tomorrow with a hangover. Although if we did have the time, a pub crawl would be nice."

Emily looked curious. "That's an interesting term. What does it mean?"

"It's when you move from pub to pub in a single night," grinned Blaze. "I guess it's best for those who really can hold their alcohol."

"I'd rather spend tonight just enjoying the feel of the city though," IB replied. "Are you okay with that, Emily?"

"More than," Emily smiled. She didn't want to get drunk, either.

The three exited the hotel, chatting casually along the way.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Emily was amazed at how quiet the streets near the hotel were. It was pretty dark right in this area, and only a few lights were in this part of the city. They got on a boat to the Indigo Zone, and they were not alone. The sailors knew that young people liked to go their on the weekends, so the trio would not have to worry about getting home.

They approached the Indigo Zone which was a bunch of buildings and shops located on a couple of blocks inside the city. There almost seemed to be a force field preventing the brightness from blinding the surrounding area from the lights. The area surrounding the Indigo Zone was mixed housing, probably owing to the fact that inside the zone things were legal that normally were not.

They got off the boat and walked over to the first night club. The three of them decide to check in their belongings to a club that was less crowded before going to the ones they were interested in. The smell of cigarette smoke was in the air a few people already looked intoxicated.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

IB sighed as he downed his second cocktail, a Venturan mojito. His first had been a Black Xanthian; IB had a taste for chocolate.

"This feels good," he said, leaning against Blaze. "I can't remember the last time I was able to drink like this."

Blaze, who was nursing a pluberry-flavored vodka, smiled. "I can, and it ended very nicely for both of us." IB laughed and gave Blaze a high-five.

Across them, Emily was sipping a very light martini. IB had helped her choose a much weaker drink. IB noticed her silence, and leaned over. "I hope our flirting isn't making you uncomfortable, Emily. Even now that we're in a committed relationship, Blaze and I like to continue flirting to keep the fire alive, so to speak." Turning towards Blaze, IB winked. "Not that I need to do anything else to light your fire, right?"

"You know you make me really HOT, IB," Blaze replied with a big grin.

"No, not at all," Emily replied. It wasn't the flirting that made her quiet, but the club scene.

She had actually expected much worse, and was relieved to see that the club's guests weren't as raucous as she'd thought. There was some mild flirting going on all around, but everyone was more or less discreet - no wild dancing, nobody stripping. She wasn't worried that things would get out of hand though; she could take care of herself, but she preferred to relax on this trip.

"I'm just glad we don't need to raise our voices, thanks to the telepathic earplugs we have," Blaze smiled. "This way we can enjoy the music AND have a nice chat at the same time."

As they sat sipping their drinks, a few attractive young sentients approached their table...

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Excerpt from Raltvee the Travel Guide: Raltveech clubs are fairly free, but occasionally the authorities come in to prevent what they consider the "worst moral offenses." The more popular clubs get more police visits. The less popular establishments can sometimes have more riskier behavior, and can appeal to a specific set of clientele. Foreigners should be careful as to where to meet people they meet in clubs outside of the Indigo Zone, because all laws are in effect.

On a more positive note, many celebrities and officials are said to visit the Indigo Zone. There is a rumor that Stadtholder William of Raltvee and Prince of Tangello participates in Tournaments in the Indigo Zone.
~~~~

They were holding drinks and greeted the four. All of them spoke with accents; it was clear they were neither Nasgerian or Raltveech. One of them explained that they were from Ikgaline, which sounded a vaguely familiar. Emily and the main Ikgaline exchanged greetings a few times, before they started drinking. She wanted to stay with them, but Blaze pulled her away.

"They seem very drunk," He whispered as they headed towards another table.

The other group continued to enjoy themselves. Just then the music changed and girls began walking down a runway like area. However, there was a small group of police men walking through the room. A few of them wanted the place where Blaze and Emily were standing, so they were forced to move again. She was a little nervous that there were some trouble, so Blaze decided to call Invisible Brainiac and suggest they make their way towards the next club.

[ July 31, 2012, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.