Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Raltvee (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Raltvee
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Stareyes winced in pain. He had not fought in a Tournament for a few years and was a little rusty. He didn't know too much about the LMB other than what his agent told him many years ago. He looked up and saw the shocked reactions of his fans. He felt a bit weakened by the attacks but insisted on fighting to the finish. He decided to focus all his energy into a blue crab form, which grabbed Blaze. The LMBer struggled with the shape before Blaze broke free and took to the air.

"Is Blaze a natural flyer or is it equipment? Oh we didn't exclude equipment in this round, nevermind" The announcer said. He sounded a bit bored. The crowd on the other hand was wild, and frankly in shock that such a champion could lose. Stareyes tried to form another object but could not, A shame my powers are so unstable,. He could not summon any more forms and was forced to concede.

"Well met," Stareyes congradulated. He calmly walked off the stage. Blaze was given a form and told to wait until the end of the night for the victory parade (and his first paycheck). He walked back to the seats, stunned at what just happened.

The announcer said, "The next contestants were sent from a distant world. Someone named Nrrev sent three opponents to Raltvee," Emily gasped at the mention of his name. He was the villain who was the reason she came to Legion World. He was released on a technicality and was sent to a refugee planet, apparently trying to rule it.

"May I introduce Metal Jaw, Immune Boy, and Bird Hunter!" The announcer shouted. The pamphlet showed that Metal Jaw's case statistic was 40, Immune Boy's was 30, and Bird Hunter was 20. The audience held there breath to see who would be named as their opponents.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Invisible Brainiac hugged Blaze as he rejoined them in the stands. "That was awesome! You really used your powers creatively!"

Blaze still appeared stunned. "I did, didn't I? But you were such a good teacher, that's why."

Emily, Sebastian, Ruth and Ian all gathered around to congratulate Blaze. "You certainly exerted yourself," Ian remarked as he eyed Blaze's heaving chest, much to IB's annoyance.

"That was some good flying, as well," Ruth said happily. "It's a good thing they allow your flight rings!"

Sebastian knew that Blaze was a natural flier, but he kept quiet - after all, Blaze might be able to use the advantage later on.

Emily turned to Ian. "We do understand that our participation here is not yet subject to contract, yes? This is on a trial basis only."

Ian smiled, a smile which Emily and IB tried hard to read. "Yes, you can all leave any time you want to leave."

As IB opened his mouth to speak, one of Ian's aides tapped his shoulder. "Uh, sir, I'm sorry but you're up next against the trio sent by Nrrev."

Blaze's eyes widened. "You mean he has to fight three opponents all by himself?!"

Ian stepped in front of the poor aide. "It appears your intended teammates failed to appear, Invisible Brainiac."

"Then just make the matches one on one, or at least pull two teammates up," Sebastian said. "Emily and I can suit up and join in."

"Well, I wouldn't mind giving the audience a show," Invisible Brainiac smiled confidently, much to Blaze's worry.

The group fell silent as Ian mused over his options. "Given Blaze's amazing show just now, I think it makes the most sense to have three more one-on-one battles so that each of you can showcase your skills. Therefore, Invisible Brainiac will battle Metal Jaw!"

IB grinned as he pecked Blaze on the cheek, then leapt forward into battle. He extended a hand to Metal Jaw, who just looked at him with contempt. IB frowned as he stepped back. Metal Jaw radiated malevolence. He was clearly a mean one.

As the buzzer rang, Metal Jaw ran forward, gaping jaws open. IB quickly turned invisible to confuse him. Launching himself into the air, he landed behind Metal Jaw and fired a small laser to test his strength.

Metal Jaw laughed IB hit the floor with a thud. "Fool! I may call myself Metal Jaw, but my entire body is made of reflective metal. Your light powers are useless!"

IB frowned. This would not be easy. He quickly faded again as Metal Jaw charged at him. "Come out and fight me, coward!"

"Hey, I'm called Invisible Brainiac. If I didn't hide, what use would my code name be?" IB taunted him back.

"Such an impolite boy. Let's see how you like this!" Metal Jaw yelled as his metallic foot slammed into the floor. The entire stage shook as IB thudded to the ground. He slowly shimmered into view as he gasped for breath, holding his head in his hands.

In the stands, his friends looked on in concern. "Oh no, get up, get up..."

Metal Jaw began rubbing his feet along the ground, like a rhinoceros about to charge. He lowered his jaw and fired a half dozen projectiles.

"Ugh!" IB screamed in pain as one sank itself into his leg. Another pinned his arm to the stage. He was trapped!

"No... he's too groggy to get up," Ruth gasped. Sebastian shook his head. "He can move as fast as light, he just needs to clear his head."

Blaze narrowed his eyes. "Something's not right... IB's too good for this." Emily nodded as well. She had fought alongside IB many times, and she had faith.

"Aha, the mighty hero is about to meet his downfall!" Metal Jaw laughed as he began to charge. The fallen IB could only try to unpin himself as Metal Jaw bore down on him....

And ran right off the stage!

The crowd gasped in surprise as Metal Jaw passed right through the struggling Invisible Brainiac and fell off the stage, eliminating himself! Even the announcer had to sit up and take notice! "Ladies and gentleman, what did I just see...?"

The pinned IB suddenly faded, and a smiling IB reappeared towards the side. "Light powers mean I can also create visual illusions, you know."

The crowd went wild.

Up in the stands, Ian smiled. "This just keeps getting better and better. Now, who should face Immune Boy?"

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Lad was about to enter the arena, but Red Arrow tried to stop him. She was concerned that his years outside the arena meant he was out of practice. He thought this was a bit silly because she never participated in a Tournament before. She sighed, I think training since I was thirteen has to count for something.

Question Lad said, "I shall challenge him!"

The crowd became excited as he entered the arena. The announcer said, "Introducing the second place winner of a variety of events...first place in the Dual-Match Tournament of 3005, winner of the Grand Phoenix Tournament of 3009...now known as Question Lad!"

Immune Boy said, "Shall we begin?" They begrudgingly shook hands. Question Lad examined him with his eyes, because he had encountered quite a few cheaters during his Tournament career. He looked normal, a little pale and his face seemed to glow under the dim lights of the arena.

Question Lad opened with a jab to the right arm. Immune Boy dodged to the left, and followed that up with a half-nelson. The crowd gasped because they did not know what would happen as many were aware of Question Lad's powers. The two of them touched and Immune Boy's defenses were severely tried by Question Lad's parasitic nature. For his part, Question Lad could not absorb his powers only defend against them. He freed himself and stood up to face Immune Boy.

"Our powers cancel each other out," Question Lad said. Both of them looked tired from the event.

Immune Boy shook his head and grinned, "I have one last defense against you!" He then was enveloped in light and reappeared behind Question Lad. The two of briefly in hand-to-hand combat when the bell rang.

Emily asked, "Why did they stop the match? Immune Boy was winning."

Ruth said, "It says here that teleporters are banned from participating in standard tournaments, which I believe was started at Sousa Telecom. It gives an unfair advantage and creates problems."

Ian nodded, "It creates liability problems that even expert insurance agents cannot solve."

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Invisible Brainiac scratched his head. "So, what if someone can teleport but chooses not to? And don't you screen for powersets before letting someone participate?"

"We do conduct a background check and, in cases where it's necessary, a physical examination," Ian said carefully. "But you must understand, it can be difficult to determine the powers of a sentient."

"Well, what about powers like super-speed or my own light powers? They can duplicate teleportation, somewhat."

"The wide variety of powers in the universe means we have to judge many matches on a case-to-case basis."

"So, uh... does that mean Sebastian wins by default?" Blaze asked.

Ian shook his head. "We'll have to wait for the judge's decision."

Red Arrow stood up. "I suppose I will be next. I'd better get ready before Sebastian tries to talk me out of it."

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow walked into stadium approached Bird Hunter. It was difficult to tell if Bird Hunter was male or female due to the appearance. Bird Hunter's height and weight were below average, its head is bald, and wore earrings. They shook each others hands, both trying to keep amicable expression. Red Arrow wondered if Nrrev ever told the people on that planet about her, and that she was the reason he was on that planet. Of course he did use a cosmic cube to send me to Legion World, but I doubt he would remember that, she said.

The bell rang and the two began to fight. Red Arrow shot an arrow, but the opponent dodged. She tried to get closer, when she felt her shoe hit metal. It was a trap and it caught her foot. She had to disable it before her opponent could come closer.

However, Bird Hunter did not want to get any closer. It took out a dart gun and began to fire, and hit Red Arrow in the shoulder. She shuddered from the pain, and the audience was dead silent.

"A perfect strategy! Too bad this isn't a blood-lust match," The announcer said.

Invisible Brainiac asked, "What is blood-lust?"

"It is a match to the death in which most rules do not apply," Ruth replied. They turned their attention back to the arena and saw that Red Arrow had somehow managed to get out of the trap. Since her shoulder was injured, she simply threw an arrow with the good arm instead of a bow. The contestant began to cough and Red Arrow used the chance to sneak behind her opponent. The two of them wrestled in hand-to-hand combat. The audience was split in two because both of the contestants were impressive.

Ruth whispered, "I should have told her to bring the death-ray."

Blaze asked, "How do you know Emily anyways?"

"We went to the same schools together...which reminds me that I really should send Carolyn a birthday card," Ruth replied. They both went to Smith Academy in elementary school and they both went to boarding school in Colorado afterwards.

"Ooh, I bet you have some good stories about her," Blaze teased. The two contestants were still wrestling and it seemed as if the dead-lock could last hours.

"Yes, I still think Red Arrow should be with Mockingbird..." She then noticed that Question Lad was returning to his seat and decided to shut up.

Invisible Brainiac said, "What did the judges say?"

"Immune Boy is going to fight all the way," Question Lad said. He seemed calm about it, as if it were a minor nuisance. His time in Tournaments may be over, but he still knew that he was a winner. A shout from the stands above them regained their attention to the current match.

Bird Hunter had Red Arrow in a position that could further damage her shoulder if moved any more. Red Arrow had no choice but to say, "I give up! You win!"

The bell rang again and Bird Hunter let go. Iron Jaw hugged his comrade as it left the arena with a piece of paper. Bird Hunter would be highly rewarded when they returned to Nrrev. This is a dream come true, Bird Hunter thought.

Red Arrow slowly exited the arena. She did not want to see the doctors, but the officials insisted citing the policies of Tanada's company. They did not want to be sued at a later date. Her friends in the stands were at a loss for words.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

"Maybe we should go and check on her?" Blaze said worriedly.

"I'm sure Emily will want to know we're concerned, but we should also consider her pride," Invisible Brainiac cautioned him. "I'll send her a text message first." He got out his phone and tapped in, "Are you okay? Want us to visit?"

"I will go," Sebastian said. "I'll let her know you're all concerned."

"Here, please give her this ointment, from me," Ruth said.

As Sebastian walked off, Ruth muttered to herself. "Mockingbird would have been there by now..."

IB and Blaze sat back down glumly. "Emily was doing pretty well," IB said.

"I think she'd have won if it hadn't been for the trap. I didn't expect it either."

"Gentlemen," Ian said as he tapped both of them on their shoulders. IB noted with amusement that Ian's hand lingered just a little too long. "Would you wish to make Tournament history now?"

"Go on," Blaze said. "We're listening."

"Given how both of you complement (Blaze thought Ian accented this word a little too much) each other so well, would you like to show the audience how well you two work together in battle?"

IB and Blaze looked at each other for a second, then nodded. "We'll do it."

Scant minutes later, the announcer called out the next match. "Ladies, Gentlemen and other Sentients, we have a special treat for you. The two famous LMBers, Invisible Brainiac and Blaze, will fight as a team against our next two challengers - Stonewall and Octopussy!"

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The crowd cheered as these two Ikgaline mercenaries entered the stage. The programmes noted that their resume included stints working for King H'ustav himself. He was known to be a particular employer, so that was a distinguishable variable. Stonewall was almost seven feet tall, while his companion was five feet ten, but he was cloaked in garments. The program noted that he also works with Earth Defense. Sebastian narrowed his eyes as he rushed to Emily's side, I wonder if he knows Doom? Or that blond telepath that Emily always talks about...what was his name again?

Invisible Brainiac and Blaze entered the stadium to many cheers and boos. The speculators in the audience were hedging bets on who would win this round. They reluctantly greeted each other, and then the bell rang. Stonewall immediately charged at Invisible Brainiac, who promptly turned invisible. Stonewall pounded on the floor, but Octopussy waved his hand, and Stonewall swung at Blaze who responded by throwing fireballs.

As Stonewall weaved through the fire, Octopussy ran towards the edge of the stadium where Invisible Brainiac stood and smirked, "I can see you. I have faced the Seven Warriors of Earth Defense, who are you?"

Invisible Brainiac said, "I am a member of the LMB!"

Octopussy replied, "You are nothing!" His eyes glowed red and Invisible Brainiac barely dodged the powerful blast.

The commentator noted, "This should be of no surprise to Tournament fans! Ocotopussy is said to have stood toe-to-toe with Gideon Albrecht--" His phone suddenly rang and he excused himself from the press room just as Stonewall and Blaze were wrestling on the far end of the stadium. Ian had to act quickly, so he decided to find a pretty girl in the audience to take the announcer's place. His eyes first met Ruth, so she was the one he chose.

"Hey! Would you like to commentate?" Ian asked.

Ruth replied, "Sure I can!" She quickly entered the press room and grabbed the microphone, "Toe-to-toe with Gideon Albrecht, a powerful telepath on the Earth Defense payroll." At the mention of the name, a group of Ikgalines shuddered. That name inspired courage from allies and fear from enemies.

Meanwhile, Emily was being tended by medics and Sebastian was holding her hand. She perked up at the mention of Gideon's name. He was the childhood acquaintance she disagreed with the most, yet at the same time she respected him. He was Doom's rival, which in a strange way made him a friend, "I wonder what is going to happen next."

Sebastian said, "We shall see. Is what he is saying about Gideon Albrecht true?"

"I guess we will have to ask him to find out. I think he's visiting the next place we are going to on this trip," Emily replied.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

A curious Sebastian immediately listed down things he'd have to find out about their next destination, and about Gideon Albrecht, while at the same time continuing to comfort Emily.

Emily herself was making a mental list of contacts she could use, while at the same time keeping a ear tuned into Ruth's comments.

A struggling Blaze was vainly trying to blast Stonewall off him, but the rocky hide of his opponent was making it difficult.

On the opposite side of the arena, Invisible Brainiac was busy dodging blasts from Octopussy. "Blaze!" he called out. "Use your powers on the floor!"

Blaze's eyes lit up as he understood. With a little help from his flight ring, he flipped himself over so Stonewall was under him, then quickly burned the arena floor, causing it to rumble and sink. Stonewall gasped and lost his balance, sinking down. Taking advantage of the slow Stonewall's lack of reflexes, Blaze leaped away.

"Good, now I can make MY move," IB said. He turned to face Octopussy. "So you can see my invisible form huh? How does your eyesight like this? Blaze, [i]pikit![/b]"

Recognizing the Filipino word, Blaze closed his eyes as IB released a blinding flare. A dazed Octopussy screamed as he covered his eyes.

"And some masterful teamwork from the LMB partners throws their opponents off!" Ruth was really getting into the swing of things. "It's to be expected; these two knew each other well before Blaze joined the LMB and have often worked together. And their relationship is often in the public eye..."

IB and Blaze grinned as they shot each other glances. "Switch partners?" Blaze asked.

IB nodded as he flew towards Stonewall. But before he could reach, a massive tentacle grabbed his ankle and twisted it, sending him crashing down. As he tried to clear his head, an enraged Octopussy wrapped another tentacle around his other ankle, then two more gripped each arm. "That HURT, you little squaj!"

Blaze ran to helped IB, but was caught off-guard by a large stone hitting him in the side. He looked around to see Stonewall bearing down on him.

"No... Blaze, shield yourself... wait it UMPH!" IB was gagged by another tentacle.

An enraged Octopussy began whipping IB's back, and the hero shuddered in pain, tears streaming down his face. "Be quiet, you little... AHHH!"

A startled Octopussy dropped IB, who spit. "Ugh, I'm never gonna get that taste out of my mouth..."

"Over here, hon!" Blaze yelled as he cast a protective flame shield around them both. Stones bounced off it and were split by the searing heat. "What did you do besides bite him? He looks to be in pain."

"Gave him eight hotfeet - or hot-tentacles," IB said. "You want to switch now? We... Hey, up here, baby," IB said as he caught Blaze staring appreciatively at his middle.

"Can't help it, you look so sexy in that torn costume," Blaze smirked. "Okay, let's switch in 1... 2... 3!"

Blaze quickly released the fire dome, and IB blasted out in his laser form. He hit Stonewall right in the eyes, blinding the stone giant, who fell to his knees.

Blaze ran to Octopussy, who was gingerly holding his tentacles. The angry opponent saw Blaze and lashed out with his two remaining good tentacles. Blaze turned his flame powers on full blast, burning the two tentacles. Octopussy screamed again as Blaze threw fireballs at him, forcing him back.

Octopussy pressed a button on his armor, and yelled at Stonewall. "Stonewall, Tactic 3-B!"

Blaze and IB stopped in confusion as both their opponents began to glow...

... and the audience gasped as the stage erupted in a flash of energy.

"Oh my grife," Ruth breathed into her microphone. "It looks like Octopussy and Stonewall have used their near-mythical combination move..."

Emily and Sebastian stared in horror as they waited to see if their friends would emerge from the smoke.

[ September 16, 2012, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"This is so exciting!" Ruth shouted. The smoke was as dense as fog, but strange figures could be seen along the outside rim of the stadium. It was bit peculiar because it was underground, though most people thought it was caused by the lighting. Emily and Sebastian were dealing with the medics, who were insisting that they stop watching the match for the sake of health. Sebastian sighed and ignored them. I hope our friends make it, he thought.

"May we have the zoom lenses please? Oh, and can we have instant replay ready in case of a dispute?" Ruth said. She had watched enough of these matches to know the outcome might be disputed. Controversy was a great way for Tournament players to become famous. Blaze and Invisible Brainiac were hit by the blast, but somehow the two opponents bounced backwards to the opposite end of the stadium.

"It appears the stadium is...ummm..." Ruth did not know what just happened. She never seen anything like this before. The crowd erupted in arguments over the event, as all four competitors lay on the ground. Blaze and Stonewall were holding their heads in pain.

Sebastian said, "This doesn't seem possible."

"It's one of Newton's laws," Emily weakly said. The referees were carefully watching to see if either group would surrender. Invisible Brainiac stood up and turned to Octopussy.

"This is not good for any of us. Would you accept a draw?" He asked. Blaze was clearly unable to continue battling, and Invisible Brainiac did not want him to get injured. The opponent remained silent as he slowly got up from the ground. Invisible Brainiac walked towards Octopussy, while Stonewall began to sneak up to Invisible Brainiac on the left side.

Ocotopussy said, "You tend to fall into traps."

"Like the one you are in now?" Invisible Brainiac replied. As Stonewall came closer, he decided to target blasts of light at the giant's eyes, which caused his sight to be distorted. Invisible Brainiac dodged, and led Stonewall into Ocotpussy, who was too weak to do anything but protest. Through endurance and quick thinking, Invisible Brainiac was able to win the battle.
~~~~
Four Hours Later

"Are you going to be alright?" Sebastian asked. The five of them were traveling to the city of Nineburg. He was concerned about Emily's arm. The doctor told her not to over assert herself, but he tended to ignore doctors and wondered if Emily was the same. He didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

Emily replied, "I need to stay away from archery until this arm heals. I think I will borrow a shrink ray from my uncle."

Blaze asked, "Wouldn't that be against LMB rules?"

"I don't know," She laughed. "I could always use a star-rod, I have the right to it because my mother was a Knight. If both those weapons are banned, I think I would have no choice but to join Earth Defense." There was something about her tone of voice that made the rest of the group think she was serious.

Invisible Brainiac said, "What is there to see in Nineburg?"

Ruth replied, "There is a famous botanical festival occurring right now. Emily also said a couple of her friends..." Emily's eyes narrowed at that word, because Doom was not a friend at all. He gave her a love potion, so she despised him. "...a couple of her friends that work for Earth Defense are going to be there. Apparently there is a bit of a recruitment drive, a kind of diplomatic hope to convince exiles to return."

[ September 17, 2012, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Invisible Brainiac heaved a sigh as he and Blaze stored their baggage in their room. He looked around; the hotel Ruth had booked for them was wonderfully furnished in the traditional Raltvee style.

He plopped his bags on the floor then grabbed the list of hotel amenities. "Hey baby, there's another sauna here. What say we give our muscles a rest?"

Blaze smiled. "Sure... but you think maybe we can get a workout in first?"

IB cocked his head. Blaze had his "I'm-upset-at-something" expression. He gently took Blaze's hands in his and sat down. "What is it, baby?"

"I... just think I need to get better at this whole battling thing. When we fought together I messed up a lot with tactics. A lot of the time you had to tell me what to do..."

"Hey hon... how long have I been with the LMB?"

"8 years..."

"And how long have YOU been with the team?"

"... a little over half a year..."

"There you go," IB smiled. "I'm just more experienced. But you're a really fast learner. Trust me on that."

"But I want to learn faster!"

"And you will, IF you don't push yourself too hard. You have to rest too, you know. Remember what happened when you were hospitalized a while back, and you tried to go back to the gym before the doc said you should?"

Blaze twisted his lips, then sighed. "Yeah, I injured myself all over again."

"And weren't you the one who told me that when I got injured fighting the Dark Oval?"

Blaze smiled. "And I had to strap you to the bed to make you listen."

"There we go. Now let's relax tonight, and we can sneak in a workout tomorrow before we have breakfast. Fair enough?"

"Okay, baby," Blaze smiled as he pulled IB in for a kiss.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Emily asked, "There is no way to refund the tickets?" She stood in a room whose walls were painted black with white trim. Some very beautiful holo-pictures of fruit hanged on the walls as if by magic. The bedsheets were a lush orange color, one of the national colors of Raltvee.

"This is a interplanetary convention. You did not express any concern when we talked--" Ruth said. She had planned their schedule for the next few days. Some of these events required a lot of time and price haggling to obtain tickets for.

"That was before I knew Earth Defense would be there! Gideon Albrecht is one thing, but what if Kristoff is there..." Emily said. She was genuinely afraid that he still wanted to marry her.

Ruth rolled her eyes, "Yes, because having men worship at your feet is such a curse! And I can't even date anyone I want because of the matchmaker." There was a knock at the door, and the conversation was abruptly ended. Ruth opened the door to see Sebastian present.

"What is it that you want?" Emily asked.

Sebastian replied, "To talk to you about tomorrow...now I have heard that Urraca and Kristoff still love each other. Maybe he won't be a problem."

"I hope you are right," Emily sighed. The three of them stood in awkward silence until Ruth excused herself from the room. As soon as she left, the couple embraced as close as they could. Sebastian's powers made things a bit difficult at times, but often they could find a way around that issue.

Sebastian asked, "Do you feel alright? I know an injury like that can--"

"Shh...go get the small box in my luggage...I inherited a power inhibitor ring from a distant relative..." She said sleepily. Sebastian locked the door and the two of them had pleasant night together.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Blaze squinted as he lined up his targets. Three ogres were charging towards him, mouths opened fiercely.

Closer... closer...

Than he burned the floor out from under them.

With surprised howls, the three crashed onto the floor below.

Blaze bent over,breathing heavily. This wasn't easy.

Say, were things getting darker....

He quickly rolled forward as something heavy crashed into the ground. Crouching, he faced where he'd been and blasted.

A species he didn't recognize screamed in pain as flames blasted it back. It was wearinga spacesuit and carried an ugly looking long-handled ax.

Blaze wuped his brow as reality shifted, to be replaced by Invisible Brainiac clapping his hands and smiling. Blaze admiringly noticed that the walls of the VR room were already repairing themselves.

"See, you don't really need me to help with your tactics at all," IB smiled.

Blaze smiled back as he leaned in for a kiss. "You're right, thanks hon. Now, you wamt to help me get even more sweaty?"

IB grinned as reality shifted yet again. "Not that kind yet. Now you have to outwit ME in battle."

Blaze grinned as IB turned invisible. This was going to be very interesting.

[ September 22, 2012, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

"So let it be written, so let it be done," Nrrev said. His harsh voice echoed through the speakers of the convention. The organizers had struck a hard bargain, but they were able to get one Tears of Ishtar plant to display. They hoped nobody in the newspapers would discover how much they had to pay.

An average-sized Terran walked into the room. He had short blond hair and wore a grey uniform. This outfit made him stand out from the beautiful plants present at the convention. Why do you wish to deal with Nrrev?, he telepathically relayed to the nearest assistant. This startled an assistant, who dropped a potted plant.

The manager winced, "You really should wear a Saturn sign. Some people get intimidated by such an ability."

The young man smiled, "That is because I'm not from Saturn."

"If you say so," The manager said. There were rumors that most of this generation of Earth's super-heroes were the product of experimentation by their major corporations. The level of power displayed by them did not help.

"Anyways, my name is Gideon Albrecht of Earth Defense," He said. The woman cleaning up the shards of pottery turned her head in disbelief. It had been a long time since she last heard that name. She decided to finish up the task and go to the next assignment.

The manager said, "It is a pleasure to meet you. My assistants are setting up a small room for your operations. I think one of your colleagues has arrived before you." The young man nodded his head and followed the signs to a room which contained some Terran flowers and two long tables in an L-shape. They were here to promote Earth's interests and maybe recruit new employees.

As he walked towards the table he saw a note, I, Kristoff von Doom, have arrived first. If Gideon Albrecht gets here, tell him to be on the lookout. I suspect a wanted person is going to be at this event
~~~~~
Ruth had decided to take them to a pancake house for breakfast this morning. She was looking forward to the delicious taste of pancakes, followed by peaceful day at the botanical convention. The only problem was that she was the only one ready to leave. She didn't want to disturb anyone, so she walked towards the recreational facilities. Ruth thought about using the treadmill to take her mind off her problems. She walked passed Blaze and Invisible Brainiac working out.

"Legion World really needs a Tournament Arena," Ruth sighed.

[ September 22, 2012, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Invisible Brainiac nudged Blaze and pointed towards Ruth. "Uh oh, I think we're running a bit late."

IB quickly jogged up to where Ruth was. "Hi Ruth, you treadmill often?"

Ruth tried to smile while keeping up with her workout. She settled for a quick nod of her head.

"Blaze and I just wanted to thank you for making us feel so welcome here, and taking care of everything."

Ruth smiled and nodded again. She was starting to get into her good pace and didn't want to stop.

"Well, Blaze and I are wrapping up. We don't want to keep you waiting for breakfast. Don't worry though, we plan to soak in the tub for a bit so please don't feel you need to rush. Is an hour okay for you?"

At Ruth's next nod, IB signaled Blaze and the two trotted towards the men's lockers.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

A young man dressed in a polo shirt and black pants walked through the halls of the convention. He saw a face that matched that of a criminal wanted on Earth. The current government was interested in apprehending wanted criminals that escaped to other systems. It was a move to show the strength of the government.

As he paused before the botanical resources section, he paused before the Tear of Ishtar plant. This was the plant that was a key ingredient in an antidote for love potions. It also had a number of more mundane uses for the pharmaceutical companies, which is why Nrrev was slowly gaining power in his exile.I must get revenge on Sebastian and all those others for making a fool of me! Since Urraca will only marry me if I become rich, there is no harm in still pursuing Emily as the perfect bride. I must remember to invite her to the Halloween party, he thought.

An assistant smiled weakly, "May I help you with something?" The metallic mask the young man wore was a little unsettling to the assistant. It reminded him of a character from a play.

"Yes," He answered. He took out a Magnicom and displayed the holographic image of a woman. He asked, "Have you seen this woman?"

The assistant said, "She has been on lunch break for half-an-hour. Is something wrong?"

He thought for a moment. They had no authority on this planet unless she was truly the wanted person. Besides, he was only technically an officer. He spent most of his time in the laboratory designing and testing Earth's new defense systems. It was bad enough that he had to appear today with Gideon Albrecht...the one who ruined his face...the one he knew in his heart was really a Richards.

"Nothing is wrong," He replied. He walked past the plants and into the room where the manager stood talking with a number of Ikgaline officials. The manager waved him over and introduced him to a number of them.

"I would like you to meet Kristoff von Doom, one of Earth's greatest prodigies," The manager beamed.
~~~~
Blaze said, "This should be a really nice time. The commercial for this convention ran almost every few minutes this morning."

"The government has invested a lot of time and energy into this event," Ruth explained. They were riding a bus to the botanical convention. Ruth's research skills allowed them to share a bus with a tour from Nasger. Sebastian was really surprised because trade just opened up between Nasger and Raltvee. One of the men was really friendly and asked them where they were from.

"We are from Earth," Invisible Brainiac said. He pointed to Blaze and Emily when he said this.

The man turned to Sebastian, "And you?"

"Salvador," Sebastian said.

The man said, "I'm from Salvador too! It is a truly great place in Nasger." He then switched to the Nasgerian language, which has the most in common with Brazilian Portuguese. The two of them talked for most of the bus trip until they reached the convention, where the Nasgerian tour group was greeted by a guide. The air outside the convention was cool and the wind was picking up so the group quickly went inside.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.