Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Raltvee (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Raltvee
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Gideon was looking over the candidates and his mind began to wander. He was a bit concerned about the Stadtholder and decided to turn on his telepathic "radio". His mind filled with the static of thousands of conference attendants until he reached those around William of Raltvee, Prince of Tangello. The witch must be caught...William is right to be after these foul creatures...the Stadtholder is terrifying...all Hail William, down with the United Planets.... He decided to tap into the mind of William of Raltvee but could only come across a few thoughts, Ruth Craig will be captured shortly as she is a witch...and what can you do about it? You serve the Law and know the Laws. I am King here. He was then shut out of the Stadtholder's mind. The leader must have received some training in order to prevent a takeover of government in this fashion.

Invisible Brainiac dove to the side as Lenny Kim's gun fired laser after laser. He shouldn't have let him regain his balance.

He could have fried Lenny Kim with a laser rightaway, but he wanted to challenge himself. And he knew it was condescending, but he didn't feel comfortable overwhelming a non-powered opponent so.

He grabbed some rubble on the battlefield and threw it across the arena. Lenny Kim followed the sound for a split-second, then quickly realized his error. But the timing was enough; an invisible IB quickly approached from the other side and punched Lenny.

IB began raining punches, but his fifth punch was met with a Lenny's elbow and a taser in his side. Gasping for breath, IB fell and instinctively rolled away to safety. He staggered to his feet and stood, warily watching his opponent. Across him, Lenny did the same.

"Okay boys, enough!" Gideon said as he leaped into the ring. "Okay, Invisiboy, show yourself. I can't reach your mind, I admit it. We have to go."

IB grinned as he became visible again. "Since you asked so nicely, I'll drop the shields during our operation." He thought about telling Gideon that one of his other selves could have reached him, but decided against it.

Gideon fixed him with a stare. "It might mean the difference between life and death later on."

IB tried to keep a blank face as he followed Gideon out of the arena. He really didn't like the guy.

Gideon knew in his heart that they had to obey the law. He would even bow to Mearl Dox, though she was not his master. Gideon respected the law in a similar fashion to Red Arrow. In general there was a sense of dissatisfaction amongst the younger generation of Terrans. There was a sense that the government needed to become stronger in order for Earth to survive.

"What are we going to do?" Invisible Brainiac asked.

Gideon said, "We are going to find Ruth Craig and bring her to the King." He kept a stern even tone as they were walking.

Invisible Brainiac said, "That does not answer my question. What are the two of us going to do?"

Gideon paused and thought about the recent events. Doom, his greatest foe, and Question Lad, an obscure Legion World detective, were working together to retrieve evidence from the crimes scene. They would have to work together to solve this case.
~~~~
Kristoff and Question Lad stared at the pile of evidence. It would be difficult to pierce together without the Officer, who had not been seen since the debriefing. The two of them thought about leaving the room to find Ruth.

"As a sorcerer...can you sense that she is magical?" Question Lad asked.

Doom barely kept back a laugh. He replied, "I barely interacted with her so I do not know. Besides, would I admit to witchcraft on a planet that burns them?"

"Good point," Question Lad whispered. At that moment the door suddenly opened and Officer Smith fell in a dead heap on the floor!

Question Lad quickly jumped forward and turned him over, carefully not making any skin contact. "He's breathing," he said finally.

Kristoff just shrugged his shoulders. "Well, perhaps he can give us a clue as to what happened when he wakes up."

"... or maybe sooner..." Question Lad said as he plucked something from the officer's back.

Blaze tried to stop fidgeting, but couldn't. All this waiting was making him anxious. He had no idea where Red Arrow nor Invisible Brainiac were, and he didn't like it one bit.

He tried to concentrate on scanning the area, but he was getting tense. He...

"Blaze, come in! Please, come here now!" Red Arrow's telepathic cry sounded urgent. Gritting his teeth, Blaze took off.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Emily's mind raced as she considered the possibilities. How did William become convinced that Ruth was a witch? Did anyone falsify any proof? Was it the real thief, and if so, why target Ruth?

She cursed silently as she dialed Ruth again. Emily hated her habit of not checking her phone more than ever! There was no way to warn her...

Invisible Brainiac stretched back in his chair as he looked at Gideon. "Of the applicants who weren't in the testing center at the time of the theft, none have the necessary powers to be our thief. And I assume Earth Defense had made sure none of them are lying?"

Gideon smirked. "We do have our ways. You're less naive than I thought."

IB pointedly ignored the comment. "Looks like we've hit a dead end, since none of the other applicants are speedsters, teleporters or illusionists. We do have one Carggite, but all her selves were present too."

Gideon tapped his hands on his desk. "That's one lead down... I'll touch base with the others." He closed his eyes for a second, then opened them in shock. He stood up abruptly and headed for the door, calling out as he walked, "We have to go. Now."

An irritated IB grumbled under his breath, but followed suit.

Ruth marveled at the flowers all around her. The botanical gardens were so nice, so peaceful... she was glad she'd turned her phone off. She could stay here and pretend everything in her life was going perfectly.

She laughed gaily as she leaned forward to smell an Imskian Violet. If only she could stay here forever...

"Shouldn't you turn that over to the police?" Kristoff asked Sebastian half-heartedly. He was torn between pretending it was insignificant, and wanting to inspect it himself.

Sebastian turned the substance over in his fingers. "It looks to be a thread soaked in a rare dye, one used only on certain outer worlds of the United Planets." He frowned carefully. "If I'm right, then this is called bahaghari..."

Kristoff tried very hard not to sound excited. "Maybe some of us can track it, then."

"Maybe..." Sebastian was cut off as his phone rang. "Emily?"

"Sebastian... I need your help now."

Blaze's heart was pounding. Where was Ruth? Emily had asked him to pick her up somewhere in the heart of the botanical gardens. He still wasn't sure they should obstruct justice on this world, but then the accusations against Ruth WERE absurd...

He circled around, his fire trailing behind him. He didn't care if people were pointing; he was hoping Ruth would notice. Damn. He couldn't see through some of the trees, but going lower would mean possibly burning the gardens down. Did he have enough control?

He had no choice. He swooped down.

Ruth rounded the corner of the maze she was exploring. The maze walls were lined with so many beautiful flowers, and she took a picture of each one. She laughed as she remembered how Emily scoffed at her for not using her camera phone. Ruth liked taking pictures, and having a separate camera meant more memory space and a better lens.

She gasped as she saw a resplendent flower, each petal a different color. No, not quite; each petal shone in multi-colored hues, and the pattern changed in the light! She stepped back and marveled at it. "A Rainbow Dori," she breathed. She stepped back and focused, snapping some quick shots.

She smiled as she moved to check the picture... and just as she did, a hand grabbed her arm roughly.

Before she could speak, a rough voice speak. "Ruth Craig, you are under arrest."

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Ruth Craig was marched in front of the building to where William of Raltvee stood with a portion of the guard. The crowd was jeering at her, as witch trials had become a source of entertainment in Raltvee. If people felt sympathy for the girl, they hid it for they feared William of Raltvee. The screens broadcasted the encounter for everyone present at the conference to see. As they shoved her in front of William, she resisted.

"This is a republic! I demand justice!" Ruth shouted. The crowd was moved towards silence. William did not know how to react. The awkward pause filled the conference center, as Ruth's companions raced to rescue her.

Sebastian raced to Emily's side. They stared at each other, not certain what to say. Emily reached out and the couple embraced in a hug. The two of them wanted to forget the whole affair and go home.

"I hope she doesn't get convicted. But there is nothing we can do..." Emily sighed.

Sebastian said, "We could go defend her character..."

"But this is William of Raltvee. A call to overturn the witchcraft laws has been brought up once a year since he came into power, and every year he rejects it," Emily replied. "What can we do?"

"We need to catch the real thief," Sebastian answered.

Meanwhile, Blaze was observing the garden when he spotted the figure of Kristoff von Doom. He could be the thief according to the LMB Files. He flew down to confront Kristoff, who did not acknowledge his presence.

Blaze said, "Kristoff von Doom, we know you are a witch--"

"Do not speak those words loudly here. I would trade the Infinity Gauntlet to be gone from this world," Kristoff replied. Blaze had no idea what he was talking about, and decided to continue questioning him.

"Did you come here for a reason besides Earth Defense business? Would you give your word that you would help us catch the thief?" Blaze asked.He remembered reading a comic book in which a character named Doom always kept his word.

Krisotff ringed his fingers, "No. Earth Defense pays well and allows me to keep watch over the arrogant and incompetent Gideon Albrecht. As for my word, it is no small thing to give to for such a great feat. Would you have something to give in return? Perhaps something that would help Emily accept a marriage request?"

[ November 11, 2012, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

"What are you talking about?" Blaze said angrily.

Kristoff gave a small sigh, then stared deeply into Blaze's eyes. "I will only explain this once, so listen very carefully..."

Invisible Brainiac and Gideon ran up to Emily and Sebastian. IB placed a comforting hand on the shoulders of his friends. "I'm sorry we're late..."

"We might not be too late yet," Sebastian said determinedly. "Gideon, I suppose your telepathy has detected nothing?"

Gideon grudgingly answered. He did not like admitting defeat. "Yes. The thief must have a psi-screen on. I can tell from Ruth's thoughts that she's innocent, but William would hardly accept that as proof for the innocence of a witch."

"Then we have to investigate another route. IB, do you recognize this?" Sebastian asked as he handed IB the dye he had collected.

IB's eyes lighted up. "Bahaghari. Yes, and I think I see what you're getting at..."

IB flew up into the air as he clutched the sample of dye.

"I see her," IB whispered. His light powers made the bahaghari dye in the vicinity shine like a beacon to his eyes. And only one sentient in the entire park was glowing.

He watched her like a hawk, planning his move. As he was about to swoop, a voice rang in his ear."

"Stop!" Emily yelled via Gideon's telepathic link. "We don't have proof she's the thief!"

"What? Why not?" IB demanded.

Uncharacteristically, Emily's voice trembled - and a shocked IB realized, it was because she was afraid. "Because the Tear of Ishtar has just been stolen."

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The awkward silence was broke when a messenger whispered something in William of Raltvee's ear. The prince's eyebrow rose, and he quietly waved the messenger away. He had distantly heard of Nrrev the Outsider, who had troubled Earth with a threat of conquest. William was not skeptical that a twenty-one year old man could take over a nation, after all that is what he did. He had overthrew Ulrich "the Strong" who had killed his father and married his mother. Nothing was impossible in his eyes.

He said, "Ruth Craig of Earth...you are indeed a witch. You are responsible for the theft of the Tear of Ishtar!"

Ruth said, "But I am standing here in front of you. How could I be in two places at one time?"

"You could freeze time!" William answered. "You have stolen property belonging to a foreign leader."

"I would hardly call a planet of refugees a country," Ruth spat. She knew she was playing with fire, but this exchange was growing tedious. Why does he not simply arrest me?
~~~~
"We could try to bargain with him," Sebastian suggested. Everyone had met up behind one of the storage areas in the conference center. The bleak grey walls were fairly sound-proof, the perfect place for a private meeting. There was also an unspoken hope that the thief would arrive and save them some trouble.

Doom scoffed, "He is already leader of one of the wealthiest nations in the galaxy. There is nothing that we can offer that he does not already have."

"I think you misunderstood me," Sebastian whispered. It would make him happy to be rid of Kristoff. It was rather strange to have a romantic rival. He did not think this could end well for either of them. In a Cold War, doesn't everyone lose?

Emily said, "What do you think Invisible Brainiac?" The silence of those three minutes made everyone realize that he was gone, and they had to make a decision on their own.

Sebastian said, "I think that our suspect has to be a Carggite. It is the only way she could be at three places at once."

Doom said, "Come to think of it, I did believe I saw the same person in multiple locations. We can pull up the security tapes as evidence."

Sebastian said, "Blaze, can you pull the security tapes and meet us at the location?"

Blaze raised an eyebrow, "What location?"

"The location where we apprehend the thief," Sebastian said. "I believe that a combination of both Gideon's telepathy and my absorption abilities can subdue the villain."

[ November 18, 2012, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

"But where will we catch the thief?" Blaze stammered.

"You'll know soon enough!" Emily called over her shoulder as she ran of with Sebastian, Kristoff and Gideon.

Blaze frowned as he stalked off to find the security tapes. Where was IB? He didn't like being left alone like this...

"Hey baby."

Blaze nearly jumped as IB's voice rang in his head via Gideon's telepathy. "Sorry about that. Are you ok there by your lonesome? I had to keep tabs on the thief, but wanted to check in on you."

"I'm fine," Blaze said, intentionally making his voice harsher to show he was a little upset. "Can you tell me where to go after I get the tapes?"

IB paused for a moment. "I know you're not, and I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. It's just that we can't let the thief go... but I really am sorry. Here, I'll beam the map to everyone."

Blaze smiled a little. "How can I not forgive you when you sound like that? Okay, I know where to go."

Invisible Brainiac waited patiently above the warehouse where he'd tracked the thief. "Ah, there you are," he finally said as Emily, Sebastian, Kristoff and Gideon came trotting up. "I was beginning to worry."

"We just had to make a few preparations," Emily replied. "Is the thief inside?"

"Should still be," IB replied. "One of her, anyway. I didn't bother to see if any other selves were running around."

"Sounds wise," Sebastian said. "If our plan works, we'll only need one of her selves. Now Gideon, if you please?"

Gideon frowned. "I'm not comfortable with this. What makes you think that you using my telepathic powers would enable us to break through the thief's psi-screen?"

"Because," Sebastian said with a hint of exasperation, "from experience most psi-screens can be shattered by a strong enough attack. And since we know where to attack, we should be able to catch the thief by surprise. You agree that psi-screens are generally most effective when the telepath is unaware of the who their target is, and what their location is, right?"

Kristoff snickered, then caught himself. He didn't like Gideon, but it wouldn't do him much good if Gideon's status were lowered only for Sebastian's status to be raised.

Kristoff jerked as Emily turned to him. "While the others apprehend the thief, we should discuss how exactly we will force the thief to reintegrate. I know it will be a simple matter for your magic, but we have to do it in such a way that William cannot deny the proof."

Kristoff's heart thumped as he stared at Emily. "I... If we can disguise my magic so it appears to be science..."

Invisible Brainiac stepped up to them. "Sorry to interrupt, but we're about to go in. Just wanted to let you know. Blaze will join us in the assault..."

"Ready," Blaze smiled as he flew up. He handed the tapes over to Emily. "Got everything I could from the guards at the event. Luckily, all the videos are timestamped. Didn't have time to review them, though."

"That should do," Emily replied. "Good luck!"

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

One of the Prince's men were whispering to him. He said, "If Nrrev finds out that the Tear of Ishtar is stolen there will be a war? Should we not keep this silent"

William whispered back, "Do we wait for when the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee*? We shall interrogate this witch until she gives us the Tear of Ishtar."

"This woman should be treated equally under your laws," A loud voice rang. A man with blond hair, blue eyes, and a grey uniform appeared. The crowd was filled with mixed emotions. Some people had no idea who he was, while others knew his name all too well.

"Who is it?" One Raltveech woman asked.

An Ikgaline merchant replied, "It is Gideon Albrecht. He and three other Terrans helped stop the Cassiopeian Wars!"

William of Tangello said, "You know the law must be obeyed. I have ultimate authority over this planet."

"I acknowledge your authority on this planet. However, your nation has a constitution and a legislature. This woman is an Earth citizen and entitled to equal treatment with your citizens. If you do not desist in this harassment and begin to follow normal police procedure, I will notify the ambassador," Gideon replied. Many of the Raltveech in the crowd were in agreement with him.

"Half of the Terran upper-class has fled to the Republic of Raltvee.What could Earth do to threaten us?" William asked.

"We could refuse to trade with you. Hasn't the focus of your reign as Stadtholder been to destroy all embargoes against trade with Earth?" Gideon rhetorically asked. William narrowed his eyes and refused to be baited by Gideon.
~~~~~
"Thank you for providing us with a distraction," Invisible Brainiac said. He turned to Sebastian, whose eyes were glowing with psionic energy. Invisible Brainiac and Blaze were following him deep into the basement level of the conference center, where extra furniture and equipment were stored.

Blaze asked, "Is it just me, or is it hot in here?"

Sebastian laughed, "The boiler room is off to the side. A few workers have just gotten off their shift..." Then he realized that was subconsciously reading thoughts.

Invisible Brainiac asked, "Are you feeling alright?"

"I have absorbed telepathy before so I can control the power fairly well," Sebastian thought. He remembered the time he fought the psychotic telepath Tertullian Chavez.

"Control this!" A voice shouted from the next room. A second latter, the three of them were surrounded by a trio of women who looked exactly alike. It was the thief they were looking for, and she was going to attempt to take them out.
~~~~
"It is too bad he did not bring it," Kristoff mused. He was waiting with Emily Sivana at the other entrance to the basement. The plan was to lure the Carggite to this place, Emily would trap them with a few trick arrows, and then they would drag her to William.

Emily replied, "What exactly do you mean?"

"He owns the Ultimate Nullifier," Kristoff replied. He did not want to hold back secrets from Emily. Something deep inside his core wanted to trust Emily. It was a symptom of his unrequited love.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

"So, we were right," IB said with his hands over his chest. "Your psi-screen was geared specifically towards Gideon, and you weren't able to reconfigure it to account for Sebastian."

"Then hadn't you best surrender?" Blaze added. "What can you do against the three of us?"

The woman didn't even bother to smile. She just raised her hand, a gun appearing in it instantly. "This."

She fired, and both Blaze and IB were thrown back.

Blaze quickly turned IB over; he was unconscious. "Damn! You'll pay for this," he raised his hand to burn the gun... and nothing happened.

"She's nullified our powers somehow!" Sebastian yelled as he blocked a punch from one of the thief's selves.

Blaze stared in horror as two of the thief's selves came at him.

Emily stared speechless at Kristoff for a moment. The Ultimate Nullifier? How...

Then suddenly, she noticed that something was absent. "Something's wrong. Sebastian's telepathy is gone."

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The thief was fighting expertly. It was clear that the woman had been trained. Question Lad would later report that he had a feeling that this woman had much better training than a majority of Verde's enforcers. At the time though, he was barely able to keep up with the speed of the attacks. Invisible Brainiac could not be seen, and the two other selves of the thief had Blaze trapped.

"This is taking far too long!" One of the selves said. "Activate the canisters!" Question Lad looked up to see a couple of containers begin to emit a strange fume. Blaze and he coughed at the fumes, and the thief began to ran in the direction of Kristoff and Emily.
~~~
Red Arrow was continuously firing volleys of arrows, two sets of three every ten minutes in an effort to pin down the thief. The thief was simply too fast to apprehend with a net-arrow alone, and Red Arrow had used nine out of the ten net-arrows she possessed.

"Kristoff, why don't you do something?" Red Arrow yelled.

He replied, "I'm sorry, I did not sign up to be a super-hero. I'm not even a super-villain for that matter, your society forced the title upon me."

He noticed that one of the thieves' selves was in front of his face with a nullifier pistol. One could not make out his expression behind the mask, so the thieve was curious.

She asked, "Why are you not afraid?"

"You do not need super-powers to rule Earth. Araneae Cado Shang Tou!" Kristoff whispered. Immediately, spiders appeared from out of nowhere and descended upon that self's head.

Emily sighed as she placed handcuffs on that self, "I thought you were afraid to call upon such power here?"

"My dear princess, we are power," He said.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Blaze staggered, trying to catch his balance. The fumes were strong, and his powers hadn't returned yet. Good that they hadn't though, as he had no idea if the fumes were flammable.

He quickly found the unconscious IB and lifted under his armpits, trying hard to breathe only through the cloth he'd tied around his mouth and nose. He looked around for Question Lad, who was also shakily on his feet. Question Lad ran over to help him, and the two pulled IB up. "He's already regaining consciousness," Blaze pointed out.

Question Lad nodded, and the three made their way towards the door.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The crowd stood tense where William of Tangello, Ruth Craig, and Gideon Albrect stood. He could feel their thoughts at this point, it had the force of a gentle tide. Their resignation helped to quiet his own fears.

William finally said,"You have stalled us for far too long, Albrecht. Regardless of your case, this is my nation and I will rule it--"

"Stop!" Invisible Brainiac shouted. The crowd turned in anticipation, only to be disappointed. They were confused until a boy said, "Look, up in the sky!"

Doom, Red Arrow, Question Lad, Blaze, and Invisible Brainiac soared past the crowd to where William of Tangello stood. They landed and presented three people trapped in nets. Blaze used his powers to quickly get the nets off of the bodies.

"What is the meaning of this?" William asked.

Question Lad answered, "This is the true thief."

"Thief? I count three women," William continued.

Emily interjected, "She is actually a Carggite. Kristoff here will use this 'reset ray gun' to force her multiple selves into one being." She handed the fake weapon to Doom who used a silent incantation to force the selves together. The crowd gasped as a silver aura covered their bodies, and moments later one woman emerged from the struggle. An unfortunate side-effect of the spell is that she became fully conscious.

"Where am I?" She looked around at the people present and shook her head. She knew perfectly well what was going on as soon as she recognized Ruth's face. "Why is she still alive?"

William replied, "She is alive for the same reason you still are: due process under the law. I have reason to suspect I made a mistake and you are the real thief.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

The woman feigned a look of confusion. "Me? How could I be the thief? I'm no witch!"

"No, you aren't," Emily said firmly. She wanted the thief punished, but she wouldn't see her put to death under Raltvee's laws. Besides, she still needed to find out why she targeted Ruth. "You are a Carggite and s killed thief, Muronu Luongo."

The thief reacted almost imperceptibly to her real name, though Gideon could tell her thoughts were racing. He began to open his mouth to say so, but Sebastian placed a hand on his arm and shook his head. Bringing telepathy into this would only complicate matters.

"If you are not the thief," Blaze said, "then how come this was found in your hideout?" He opened the pack he was carrying and pulled out the Tear of Ishtar. He also pulled out a number of other stolen plants.

"You planted those, to free your friend," came the level answer.

Sebastian came forward, bringing Officer Smith with him. "If you are not the thief, then why," Sebastian said, "does the dye on your clothes match the dye on Officer Smith's neck, right in this spot where someone hit him to knock him out?"

And the crowd gasped as Invisible Brainiac shone his light on both the thief and the policeman, making them both glow in the same color.

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

One of Williams' advisers whispered in his ear. The Prince waved him away and and addressed the group assembled there. He said, "I have seen enough. Guards, arrest this woman!"

The guards moved to take her into custody. The woman shouted, "You have no right! The Tear of Ishtar is not even yours!"

"I actually I do have right, and I believe you would want to be prosecuted under our law rather than that of Nrrevs' World. Am I correct?" William of Tangello explained. The woman stopped resisting arrest and went along with the guards.

William of Tangello announced to the crowd, "It has been done. There is nothing more to see here." The crowd was a bit ambivalent towards leaving, but a few people remembered they had things to do and others followed their lead. In the end it was only the LMBers, Earth Defense members, and William of Tangello's retinue that remained.

William of Tangello turned to Ruth, "I am dreadfully sorry for this comedy of errors. I want to formally apologize to you and your family."

Ruth raised an eyebrow. I didn't think this was funny. She diplomatically replied, "I am honored by your humility."

William of Tangello turned to the other people present. He said, "I look forward to hearing about you further adventures. I think both of your teams are capable of a great amount of good in the world."

Gideon Albrecth nodded, "Earth Defense would be pleased to aid the Republic of Raltvee."

"I agree as well," Invisible Brainiac said. "The rights of sentients and the rule of law shall not perish as long as we uphold it."

A great while ago the world begun,
With hey, ho, &c.
But that's all one, our play is done,
we'll strive to please you every day.- William Shakespeare, Twelfth Night, Act V Scene 1 Lines 411-414

The End

[ December 14, 2012, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Epilogue 1

Blaze frowned as they walked back to the hotel. "I thought we'd be staying here longer," he complained.

Invisible Brainiac smiled. "After all that happened to Ruth, and with Gideon and Kristoff suddenly showing up, I don't think our companions really want to stay any longer. Is there anything else YOU want to see, though?"

Blaze shrugged. "I think we already saw most of it, but I don't quite feel ready to leave yet."

"Well... I made a new friend a while go, and he's willing to show us around for a couple of days. Wanna see what he looks like?"

Blaze's eyes lit up when he saw IB's holo with Zach. "Oooohh. You make such good friends."

"And he has a partner."

Blaze playfully spanked IB. "And I bet you want to see them right away, huh?"

IB grinned. "I've already told Emily we'll be extending our stay a couple of days."

And so, IB and Blaze met up with Zach and his partner Matt... and their adventure went as well as could be expected. But that is a tale for another time.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.