Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » "Inspiration": A LSH Reboot-Era Onevision (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Inspiration": A LSH Reboot-Era Onevision
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm the least familiar with this version of Cham, actually. The classic version has more 'recently' (recently meaning 'post silver age' in this instance, since he's been leader of the Espionage Squad) been portrayed as pretty professional and hyper-competent. The threeboot version started out as curmudgeonly, and, when Shooter took over, became a bit of an oddball (flirting with birds, bragging about how he's always naked, etc.).

100% agreement on how wonder and optimism should be a staple of any Legion story!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
this story just fits right in with the PZ hour legion and i could see this being one of the last adventures before the Blight came!

great job!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Omni! Like I said, this story's over ten years old, but I remember putting a lot of passion and effort into it! To me, it's a little on the predictable side, but I'm also proud that it didn't have an easy ending all wrapped up in a bow, either.

I recall making a few notes and putting some thought into a sequel. I wish I still had them or could recall precisely what I had planned.

Like I said, fanfic based on existing, corporate-owned characters (either reading or writing them) holds little-to-no appeal for me anymore, but I might just make an exception and do that sequel to this one someday, after all.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! As a Postboot Legion fan, I can tell you that you did Chameleon justice. Very nice, and I really hope I get to read your sequel - I'd really like to know what happens next!

Re predictability, it doesn't matter to me. You put a lot of thought and soul into the story, and it shows.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
This is great - I'm not sure if Cham would intentionally be that friendly immediately or just using the poor lad, but either way it worked. Not that Cham has ever been shown as that duplicitous but he was in a really dangerous place and people (Durlans?) will do anything.

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Harbi, you're right that it probably could have developed more slowly between Jal and Cham. That occurred to me as I recently reread this story. I did cut a corner there for the sake of moving the story along.

In my mind, though, Jal and Cham had a quick connection. The Cham I wrote wouldn't use Jal like that. I did show later on that Cham felt concern for what Jal was agreeing to do and that he gave him a chance to back out with no hard feeling should he have chosen to do so.

I really appreciate the thoughts, Harbi, and raising that kind of question is just the kind of honest input that shows a writer that his audience is reading closely!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Wow! As a Postboot Legion fan, I can tell you that you did Chameleon justice. Very nice, and I really hope I get to read your sequel - I'd really like to know what happens next!

Re predictability, it doesn't matter to me. You put a lot of thought and soul into the story, and it shows.

Rereading it recently, IB, I noticed that there was more depth to it than I had remembered. I would have thought that something I wrote so long ago might be unreadable from my own point of view (a writer being his own worst critic), but there were several touches and aspects I put in that still worked for me pretty well.

As a reboot fan, you do me a special honor with your compliments!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.