Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Why a Titans forum at Legion World? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Why a Titans forum at Legion World?
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
[Robin - Tim Drake] [Wonder Girl - Cassie Sandsmark] [Kid Flash - Bart Allen] [Beast Boy - Gar Logan] [Raven] [Cyborg] [Starfire]

Well, why not?

When the Titans/Legion Special hit the stores in fall of 2004, Legion World temporarily became Titans & Legion World. It turned out a lot of LWers are Titans fans. The Titans threads from that 2004 event were the basis for this new, ongoing forum.

Feel free start new threads about the Silver Age Titans, The Swingin' Seventies Titans, the blockbuster 80s Wolfman-Perez New Teen Titans, the New Titans and Team Titans, that 90s new-kids series I didn't read, the transitional The Titans, 'Toon Titans, the SF Titans, the Tiny Titans, or the current Teen Titans.

Much like the Titans franchise---and much unlike the individual Titans---this forum refuses to die.

-

[ November 23, 2011, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Next thing you know, there will be forums for SCARE TACTICS, ALPHA FLIGHT and THE NEWSBOY LEGION!

Hmm... should Lois Lane have been the first girl Newsboy Legionnaire?

[ September 09, 2005, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
BUMBLEBEE, Lash. Bumblebee.

Lilith...

Mal...

Gnarrk...

...and from that day on, MLLASH posted happily ever after....

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*looks forward to rereading his 60s and 70s TTs issues to find obscure, confounding references*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Haha! Another great opportunity for my non-sequitur comments about characters I haven't followed since the 80s!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Next thing you know, there will be forums for SCARE TACTICS, ALPHA FLIGHT and THE NEWSBOY LEGION!

Nope. Next is the The Intergalactic Vigilante Squadron forum and the Imperial Guard forum. Their fans demand it!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I email Marvel atleast once a month and beg them to let Giffen write an Imperial Guard book. Either his comedy style or drama style would rock!

Anywahs count me in as a Titans fan!!! And as usual the early to mid eighties is my cup of tea as the Legion! Wolfman/Perez rock!!!

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lola rosa
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lola rosa           Edit/Delete Post     
This clown loves that Duela Dent!
Jeffrey Allan Boman
Online, but working on his zine.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeffrey Allan Boman   Email Jeffrey Allan Boman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
I email Marvel at least once a month and beg them to let Giffen write an Imperial Guard book. Either his comedy style or drama style would rock!

Giffen seems a strange case for Legion fandom. When he was copying Frances Druillet's art style for The Great Darkness saga, he was loved. When he copied a Spanish artist's style (I forget the name) some fans despised him.

He's currently on an exclusive contract with DC, so he won't be doing any work for Marvel for a few years.

--------------------
The Original Universe, a fanzine about comics.

More information at http://fanselfpub.wetpaint.com

From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think he would want to write the Imperial Guard anyway,as they don't have a version of Karate Kid for him to kill off.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
For a franchise that has more books/covers than I can fit in the top row...it sure doesn't have that many fans who want to talk about it.

I wish Legion would get half the promotion and stories/series that the Titans have.

[ September 14, 2008, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not all that berserk any more, but I am crazy for those Tiny Titans!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Alas, 'Crawler, it looks like we legion fans have recieved the played out gold mine again, nothing but the big, empty shaft.

Titans...well, like many, I really came abourd with the Perez Wolfman run.

I liked it okay, until the first crossover with Steel. That jungle setting...man, that just tore it up. After that, i was hooked for years.

Then came the age of sadness, after Grummet left, and the stories were worn, and the art was terrible.

Then, the various reboots that just felt like DC was whoring out the name.

Honestly, Young Justice felt more like a titan book than many have for years. Then, of course, DC gutted that.

And now we have the new versions, Teen and just plain Titans. On Titans, Howard Porter is the only reason i am there. Winick would usually be the reason i would not be there.

And on Teen, well, sometimes the art seems off, like Tom Derrinick with a bad inker, and sometimes it's dang awesome.

I hate this current storyline of the group losing all its members...a lot of time and money seems to be wasted on this. I want a group, it doesn't even have to have the usual "kid sidekick" component to it, other than maybe one founding member, like wonder girl currently, but it needs to be up and running.

I don't even mind a rotating cast (which i really don't like much), but just get on with telling some stories that aren't all "personal" stories. and by that i mean geered specifically to one character. I want some fast paced, hard hitting, mad scientist stories to get them back on track.

Lycus would have been good, if it wasn't for the whole ares/wg thing.

New blood is needed in the villian department.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lethargy Lad
Auxiliary Substitute Trainee Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lethargy Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Lethargy Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:

Well, why not?

And while you're at it, more pin-ups of Princess Ponytail!
 -

[ October 07, 2009, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Lethargy Lad ]

From: La-Z-Boy in Parlor | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Obligatory 2010 post.

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.