Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Imagine a Pre-Crisis Teen Titans/Legion team-up (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Imagine a Pre-Crisis Teen Titans/Legion team-up
RED-001
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED-001   Email RED-001         Edit/Delete Post     
Image what kind of storyline it would make?

Might be the basis of an Elseworlds tales!

White Witch and Raven could compare magics,huh?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
This I would love to see!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I wanna illustrate it!! Please? [Big Grin]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't there one planned at one time, back in the day?

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, about all they got around to doing was the outdoor barbeque ...

-

From an early 1985 "DC Sampler" promotion booklet, by Jurgens and Tanghal. Lightle was the featured artist on the "main" book. Both the Legion and the Titans had the dual-book setup, and at this moment, they were DC's top-selling titles, or very nearly *sigh* ...

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amentep

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amentep   Email Amentep         Edit/Delete Post     
Ha-ha! Lilith about to spike on Starboy and Ultra-Boy! [Big Grin]

I re-read all my Titans recently, I'm pretty sure Marv Wolfman mentioned trying to plan one with Paul Levitz in one of the Lettercolumns. Of course it seems nothing ever came of it...

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The team-up I'm seeing is the funktastic 70s versions of both teams.

In case you weren't around during that era:

In the LEGION, the team is growing up. The gals are donning sultry swimsuits and outfits with plunging necklines while some of the boys don bustiers and go bare-legged!

In this same period in the TITANS, such noteworthy characters as the Hornblower, Bumblebee and the Joker's Daughter/Harlequin are making a big splash!

I would set the team-up at about the time the TITANS expanded with Titans West (TEEN TITANS 50-52) so that important TITANS members like Bat-girl, Gnarrk and Dove could be featured!

I would certainly set the team-up at the Titans' Disco HQ they had at the time. The Legionnaires would find themselves thrown back in time somehow. There would almost certainly be a dance-off at some point as the Legionnaires teach the Titans to dance the Shurg and the Titans teach the Legionnaires how to disco dance.

Featured villains would be Dr. Mayavale and the Mad Mod!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Working title for the above-mentioned crossover:

"Dance, Heroes, Dance-- now DIE!!!"

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin] I would pay whatever it costs to buy this one! Plus, I think there could be potential for a good romance in there too, possibly Lilith and Cosmic Boy falling for each other!

Lash, I think you're on to something...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Does the notion of Blok eating a hamburger strike anyone else as absurd?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Wasn't there a team of Titans villains called the Fearsome Five or something?

What if they teamed up with the Fatal Five?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by googoomuck:
Wasn't there one planned at one time, back in the day?

I think you are thinking of the X-Men/Legion team up that was planned that was changed into the X-Men/Titans team up when the Titans popularity surpassed that of the Legion.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EDE in LARDLAD's Body:
Wasn't there a team of Titans villains called the Fearsome Five or something?

The Fearsome Five was a group put together by Doctor Light when he placed an ad in the Underworld Star, a criminal underground paper. The original members were: Dr. Light, Gizmo, Shimmer, Mammoth and Psimon.

Psimon took over leadership from Dr. Light during their first encounter with the Titans. Jinx and Neutron were later added into the group.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
The Fearsome Five was a group put together by Doctor Light when he placed an ad in the Underworld Star, a criminal underground paper. The original members were: Dr. Light, Gizmo, Shimmer, Mammoth and Psimon.

Okay, now I'm not sure which is funnier, Blok eating a hamburger or the fact that there's a newsletter for super-villains.

[ November 08, 2003, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: EDE in LARDLAD's Body ]

the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Greybird:
Well, about all they got around to doing was the outdoor barbeque ...

-

From an early 1985 "DC Sampler" promotion booklet, by Jurgens and Tanghal. Lightle was the featured artist on the "main" book. Both the Legion and the Titans had the dual-book setup, and at this moment, they were DC's top-selling titles, or very nearly *sigh* ...

thanks for sharing this scan, Grey !!!

i've never seen this image before !!!

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.