Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The REAL Teenaged Death Squad! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The REAL Teenaged Death Squad!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It ain't the Legion.

Just ask Kole, Lilith, Aquagirl, Golden Eagle, Danny Chase, Hawk, Dove and whoever else I'm forgetting at this moment.

And let me say for the record I'm not a fan of this legion of Titan deaths.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget Gnarrk. Or is he alive again post-Crisis/Zero Hour?
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
What about Donna? How many times has she died so far?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:

D'Oh! The major Titan death! Even I missed that Lash didn't include her. Jericho & Raven were dead for awhile too.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget the majority of the Team Titans, most of them never got to exist.

[ September 03, 2004, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: TheGreenActingBug ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightchangeling:
quote:
Originally posted by Deathstroke Lad:

D'Oh! The major Titan death! Even I missed that Lash didn't include her. Jericho & Raven were dead for awhile too.
Isn't Jericho technically dead still? His body is gone right? And now he's in the Limbo that is Raven's World.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Egads! Sounds like Titans lore is as convoluted as Legion lore.

I like!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It is convoluted, and fun too, but less so than LEGION for me.

We all know Donna's going to be back sooner or later. Again. Let's try not to eff her up this time, shall we?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
This just goes to show that nothing is more dramatic than a teen-age hero meeting their death!

Like Ferro Lad and Robin II, DC's long-standing tradition of teen-age hero deaths MUST continue!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Weren't Terra and Jason Todd featured guest-zombies when Mordru raised his army of the undead?
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm, I'll have to check that! The best way for a dead teen hero to have a cameo is definately by being a dead teen hero zombie!

And I think Jason Todd has had more appearances in flash-backs, dreams and as a zombie than he did when he was alive...

...which is a good thing [Razz]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Hm, I'll have to check that! The best way for a dead teen hero to have a cameo is definately by being a dead teen hero zombie!

And I think Jason Todd has had more appearances in flash-backs, dreams and as a zombie than he did when he was alive...

...which is a good thing [Razz]

Don't forget villains of Clay masquerading as him too.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

D'oh! How could I forget his best non-appearance to date?
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
And let's not forget just how many SUPPORTING CHARACTERS of the Titans die in the name of character development:
Dick Grayson's parents
Donna Troy's families, husband, baby & gods
Jericho's brother & mother
Terra's mother, father, brother
Wally West's dad
Red Star's girlfriend
Starfire's family, planet
Arsenal's parents
Green Lantern's girlfriend
Beast Boy's parents
Cyborg's parents
Raven's mother, people
Tempest's parents, people, girlfriend
Atom's wife

I'm sure some pets were lost too

they may as well be called ORPHANS instead of TITANS

Can't there be some other way to develop characters than killing off their families ??
(I mean besides the other major tacky method: violating women)

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

I was going to start a Teen Orphans thread, but that pretty much sums it up. Don't forget Bart's dad. Wally's uncle and unborn kids... which was really pushing it in my book.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.