Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Villains with sidekicks... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Villains with sidekicks...
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Not very common. Why not?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Too fragile? No union?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Villains, unlike heroes, knew better than to awaken the Wertham Monster from his slumber in the CCAve.

[ September 13, 2005, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
You dont suppose there were any vibes between Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) and Miss Tessmacher (Valerie Perrine) in those Superman movies, say of the "sexually tense" variety? [Big Grin] [Wink]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
It is strange.
Maybe by definition of their jobs (villainy, that is), they don't:
a) take responsibility for their progeny,
b) have a home environment to raise the tikes in,
c) have fabulous caves and schools to train the kiddies in,
d) teach the kids how to survive, so the prospective sidekicks get nailed during training

Of course, I think Cassandra Cain could be considered an attempted villain sidekick, no? And Kon El, right?

What about Injustice Unlimited/Injustice Society's kids? Icicle, Artemis/Tigress, Roulette, Golden Wasp, Shiv are all a kind of villain sidekick, no?

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Villains are selfish and greedy. They wouldn't want to share their time, infamy or spoils with junior. Their children should either be too scrappy and evil themselves to be obedient sidekicks, or too disgusted with their parents' errant ways to become evil-doers.

Are there any comic book villains who want their kid to be "normal" and "legal"? Like the Godfather with his youngest son, Michael - which didn't work out. That's a classic story: I'm doing all this dirty stuff so you can have a better life and be a respectable member of society.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

One day, while Supervillain X is wondering by a school playground:

"Look at that big boy shakin' up those other kids for their lunch money. Why he reminds me of me when I was his age! Maybe I'll take him under my wing and show him how to pull off some real crimes..."

Doesn't sound all that implausible, by comic book standards, does it?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
i know only one - Der Fledermaus and the Great Horned Owl (can't remember the German name for that) from All Star Squadron...are they the only villain with a sidekick?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I wonder if there's an adult "Crusader" villain to go along with "Kid Crusader"?
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
So apparently the Joker has a sidekick named "Prank" in "The Batman"...are they male or female? anyone have a pic?

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Probably Ester's cat back from the dead.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Great scott! I just discovered that the first issue of the Super Friends comic apparently contains a bunch of groovalicious villain sidekicks such as Chick (sidekick of the Penguin), Kitten (sidekick of Cheetah), Sardine (sidekick of the Human Flying Fish), Honeysuckle (sidekick of Poison Ivy), and Toyboy (sidekick of the Toyman)!
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok. That is cool! The 70's Super Friends or the recent kiddie book?

Edit: Nevermind. I looked it up...The 1976 version. Looks like I have a book to add to must have list at the Con this year. SUPER FRIENDS was one of those books I only have a handful of issues of when I was a kid and missed this one.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I had that issue when I was realllly little but had completely forgotten that!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
It is rare in modern DC Comics, but Fawcett villains are often decent husbands/fathers. The Sivana children are usually henchmen or neutral (Dr. Sivana might have been married twice, think about that). Black Adam was also good to both his family in Ancient Egypt and the Black Marvel Family, with the exception of Mary Marvel who he was justifiably suspicious of.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.