Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files 2005... spoilers (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Teen Titans/Outsiders Secret Files 2005... spoilers
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know how much interest there is in the Secret Files these days, but if more of them had been like this one, it'd be high.

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

...Nightwing, Superboy and Robin looked good with Donna's star-pattern spilling over onto their uniforms on the cover-- though she has apparently fallen victim to Braalian brunette fading syndrome.

I enjoyed the Starfire/Jade, Starfire/Robin and Starfire/Nightwing moments (uh-oh... that's a lot of Starfire moments... and there's a crisis brewing).

The lateness of the RETURN OF DONNA TROY really affects the effectiveness of this issue. Like JSA, last week. Guess the Titans and Outsiders make their way home without Donna some way or another in that missing story. Kind of odd.

The concluding narration is dire: "Who is Donna Troy? She knows the answer. Perhaps she has always known. She is a harbinger. She is the messenger of an ominous future and the bringer of possibly unimaginable pain and perhaps even death. Donna Troy is going home to see her family."

Whoa. Poor Donna. Poor Titans. Poor DCU.

Along with her as she observes the Titans that she spies on, we discover that there is a remnant of the Wildebeast Society still active. Also, a storyline featuring a 'Project M' is ahead for one of the teams. 'M' for monster would be my guess. Was that Doomsday that the Wildebeast was housed beside?

I was most looking forward to the DUELA DENT story. When I first read it, I was quite disappointed. Mainly, I realized, because I'd been expecting answers to a decades-long mystery. What is contained here, however, is a reintroduction of Miss Dent to the Titans milieu in this timeline. And that's OK. Sure, I wish we'd finally seen the Joker's Daughter's back-story. But if a storyline featuring her and her parentage (on both sides a mystery, we're reminded) is in the offing, then it's worthwhile. Her baiting of the villains hanging around the old Justice League satellite *was* fun (but I thought we'd seen the satellite destroyed since it appeared in this capacity in IDENTITY CRISIS? Am I misremembering?). I hope she follows through on her itinerary fairly soon.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Todd-- i just e-mailed my CBS and told them to snatch this up for me!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You're welcome. Be sure and report what you thought of Duela's story.

Here's a link to a story I wrote featuring the estimable Miss Dent teaming up (sort of) with members of a Legion of Super-Heroes.

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000272#000000

I include this because the theme's kind of similar to the story appearing in the SECRET FILES.

[ September 21, 2005, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
The monster was Equus who along with Mr. Orr shown in story as well were apart of Brian Azzarello and Jim Lee's Superman: For Tomorrow.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Not another Who is Donna Troy story. She gets one like every 5 years. I have always been a fan but was a bit glad she died cause I couldn't take all the changes they continue to put her through.

Anyways hopefully she is "fixed" but I doubt it.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

'Equus'? Did he debut as a young man riding around naked on horseback?

Thanks, Nightcrawler... I haven't been buying or even reading Superman titles for awhile now.

Mystery Lad
Advisor

It isn't really a "Who is Donna Troy" story, Jorg-EM. It sort of frames the narrative, but isn't really about Donna's origins-- except that it shows her new 'base', New Chronus (at least I guess it's her new HQ) and sums up her thoughts after watching various Titans and Outsiders. Somehow, she's (or New Chronus tech is) watching through time, too.

There's a 2 page summary of her past- but it's more about her past as it relates to the teams being 'filed'. No big origin revisions here.

Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Somehow, she's (or New Chronus tech is) watching through time, too.
ala the Monitor...

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
yeah, i guess she's the "new" Harbinger for this DCU ... and this crisis

and the Duela Dent story was disappointing... i wish there was a direction for her and a decent story ... like with Golden Eagle - he may be revealing himself to be a bit different than expected over in the pages of HAWKMAN right now, but at least it's definitive

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
What became of the previous Harbinger, did she revert back to being Lyla again?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Harbinger was killed in Superman/Batman #10 (July 2004). Another waste of a perfectly good character that was finally being used to her potential in the pages of Wonder Woman.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Ok ML, sounds interesting. I can see the cosmic goddess angle working quite well for her. To the truth it's a niche not seen in the DCU.
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I was a little huffy to learn that my e-mail apparently was received too late and TT/O SF&O had already sold out. *exasperated tossing of hands!!*

You would think as I already subscribe to both TT & Outsiders they would go ahead and pull this for me, but Noooooooooo. *pout!*

Guess I'll have to wait for the re-order. [choke]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. I'm not really sure what I thought of this SF&O. On the one hand, it was really sweet as to see Cissie again and the Duela story was hilarious. And, I never thought I'd say this, but my God were Tim and Kory awesome together. It was crazy.

But, on the other... I dunno. I don't like this incarnation of Nightwing. >< And I really don't like watching him and Gar fight. Or how he treated Raven. (Can't we all just get along?) It hurts my soul how they're mudilating this character.

The stuff with Donna was ominous but I guess I'm semi-looking forward to it. I would be moreso if Donna wasn't such a confusing character and, y'know, I liked her more. But it was still interesting and I did enjoy it, surprisingly enough.

Favorite moment, though, was when Gar hit on Jade. It reminded me of the good ol' days when the New Teen Titans and Infinity, Inc. teamed up and he kept trying to get her to go on a date with him and she kept shooting him down... It was nice to see that some things never change. [Wink]

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I got the reorder of TT/O SF&O today, as well as R/O Donna Troy # 4. I take it I should read R/O DT # 4 before the SF&O?

Looking forward to Duela and Cissie!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.