Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Have you seen Miss Arrowette? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Have you seen Miss Arrowette?
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Not Cissie, but her mom, Bonnie King, in the Silver Age. I've found a couple of pictures, but none in costume.

From what I've read, she appeared in
World's Finest 113 (reprinted in Blue Ribbon Digest #23)
World's Finest 118
Justice League of America 7 (not in costume?)
World's Finest 134

She's not on any of those covers.

(I just got it, by the by: she's King, he's Queen! It's crazy! And it seems there was also a Queen Arrow. Say, anyone have a picture of her?)

[ October 08, 2005, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Thriftshop Debutante ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Not Cissie, but her mom, Bonnie King, in the Silver Age. I've found a couple of pictures, but none in costume.

From what's I've read, she appeared in
World's Finest 113 (reprinted in Blue Ribbon Digest #23)
World's Finest 118
Justice League of America 7 (not in costume?)
World's Finest 134

She's not on any of those covers.

(I just got it, by the by: she's King, he's Queen! It's crazy! And it seems there was also a Queen Arrow. Say, anyone have a picture of her?)

Funny that you mention Bonnie, Teeds, it just dawned on me who the original Miss Arrowette was - and here you go and answer my query for me - are you psychic?

Bonnie did appear out of costume in the JLA issue you mention - "The Cosmic Funhouse"

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't see her in the Silver Age but I saw her last night, beating the crap out of Wonder Girl's Mom in YJ # 7!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Hey, me too! I got out the early Arrowette appearance in Impulse and the earliest YJ issues I have.

There are a few panels of Bonnie when she was younger. She was wearing a fairly ordinary outfit of white shirt and red shorts, pieces you could probably get at The Gap. Was that her costume? The Silver Age wasn't exactly known for subtlety in superhero costuming.

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
In the WF appearances her costume is a simple crew-necked, short-sleeved tunic, pastel green in colour.

She has a quiver of forest/hunter green slung over her shoulder and belted about her waist with brown or dark green straps.

She wears matching forest/hunter green shoes which in the first appearance seem to have heels judging from her posture. Her legs are nude.

In her hair she wears a dark green hairband. She wears no mask and looks disturbingly young to be Oliver's girl friend in 134

She fires a hairpin arrow in number 113 to nab two crooks.

[ September 27, 2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Speaking of Arrowettes and costumes, I loved both Cissie's original outfit in IMPULSE and the new one she wore starting in YJ # 4. Popping hottie!

No wonder Cassie was all J and stuff, 'cause all she had was a raggedy t-shirt, a bad wig, spandex shorts and goofy goggles.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

I have been admiring Cissie's skirt as it appears on the cover of Impulse #28. (Not so much in the interior, where it's too tu-tu fluffy.)

The cape was cute, just how practical was that for an archer?

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Thanks for the info, TL.

Queen Arrow's costume is said to be modelled after Ollie's, so I wonder if it's similar to Bonnie's.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I saw Bonnie again last night, in the YJ Olympics/Zandia story.

She gets a good turn foiling the (golden-age, now retconned to 40ish years old) Huntress' nefarious plans for Cissie, and its here that these 2 begin to heal their mother/daughter relationship.

--------------------

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

QUEEN ARROW IS IN SOLO #7!!!

No Miss Arrowette, but there *is* another girl archer named...Girl Archer!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I finished my YJ re-read.

Bonnie had an excellent turn in YOUNG JUSTICE 50-51.

--------------------

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Here she is, Miss Diana Dare...QUEEN ARROW!
 -

A handsome Green Arrow site

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

And better look at the above -

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

The three World's Finest issues (113, 118, 134) are reprinted in the GA Showcase Presents.

Interesting. At the same time (1000 years difference aside of course) Saturn Girl was kicking ass and making medallions, Miss Arrowette was portrayed as a pesty girl who got in the way and got in over her head. Never mind that she is a very good shot, clever enough to make trick arrows, and thinks quickly on her feet. GA even admits she saved their bacon, but "This isn't a game for girls!" Ollie! Get a lava lamp and mellow out.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
the original MA story also appeared in a GA-themed digest in the 80s.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.