Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » X-Men/New Teen Titans ( 1982 ) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: X-Men/New Teen Titans ( 1982 )
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
This thread inspired me to pull this comic out of storage. First off, props to me for managing to keep my copy in near mint condition for nearly 30 years. It even smells new!

Claremont, of course, knew how to write the X-Men. What impresses me most is how well he captured the spirit and personalities of Wolfman's Titans. Simonson's work is brilliant. I especially love his take on Robin. The man clearly still trapped in the boy's costume with body language that communicates that he is no longer a child.

I also love the image of Storm creating a small thunderstorm to water her houseplants. It's an image that always comes to mind when I think of the character.

[ November 29, 2011, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice review, Jerry. Thanks.

The art is full of Easter Eggs like the Storm panel you mentioned. My personal favorite is Kitty wearing a Snoopy shirt.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
As someone who read both the Teen Titans and the X-Men at the time, this crossover was geek heaven for me.

I haven't seen my copy for many a year (buried in a box, somewhere), but I remember the scene where Cyclops unleashes the Phoenix Force on Darkseid, and Darkseid has adopted a relaxed pose, with his arms behind his back, as if he has not a care in the world... That was a very strange posture, I thought, for a character that might be about to get atomized, but it made Darkseid seem, to younger me, utterly badass, that he found this potential annhilation merely curious.

It kind of made an interesting parallel between Darkseid and Metron, both of whom, in the face of oblivion, would be more likely to take a closer look, than to run away.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
These were by far my favorite books at that time and still hold a substantial place in my heart.

and Walt Simonson throws it down, can't wait for his Legion issue.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
 -
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.