Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Tell me about Red Star!

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tell me about Red Star!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so I know he's the first Russian super-hero, but that's about it!

So, is he groovy?

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
he used to go by STARFIRE when he was first introduced.

I've always liked his coustumes.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
He had a girlfriend who had some story-related disease in an issue titled 'A Pretty Girl Is Like a Malady'.

From there his taste in women went to the dogs- er- make that cats.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
He kicked total ASS in Crisis, where I first met him. Appeared during the pre-Lash late 60's groovy Titans period, reappeared around Crisis (or right before in Titans) and then showed back up in Titans Hunt!

Had the badluck of having a thing with Pantha and playing papa to Wilderbeast, until Superboy Prime did him, me, and all of you a favor and went kukoo for cocoa puffs! Now he's probably all bad-ass again, and I'm excited!

I sure can be pretty uninformative while trying to be informative at the same time! [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Crisis was the first time I encountered him as well, though all I really remember is someone saying "He's Russia's only super-hero!" or something like that, which was probably the first time it occurred to me how weird that there were so many American heroes, and so few non-Americans!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

There's that cool scene in Crisis where Hawk doesn't like him, but Dove tells him that 'we're all in this together now, so get over it' (I'm paraphrasing).

That was Wolfman at his finest, doing (3) distinct things: (1) introducing readers to Red Star and showing why he is different than the other super-heroes, (2) showing excellent characterization of Hawk & Dove, so readers understand their whole deal, and (3) showing just how awful this crisis truly is, that heroes are working together no matter what. All in one little panel!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
He had a cool hat on the Teen Titans toon! [Razz]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Flash didn't like Red Star 'cause RS was a COMMUNIST!
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So following up on Red Star's space-rawking appearance in Titans, I'm even more impressed and interested in the character than ever! I think it'd be pretty cool to see a Red Star (and possibly other Russian heroes like Pohzer, the Russian Firestorm, and the Rocket Reds) in a mini-series. Or even if they go the route of a Showcase like book (which apparently the two Classified titles are becoming), I'd like to see a story with him.

Russia is big. Knowing that only a handful of heroes are there makes it all the more interesting, including Red Star's new kick-ass ship.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
there was also a Russian team that appeared in the Outsiders (Barr/Aparo, 2nd series/Baxter format; following Titans/Legion route) around the time of Crisis; they were pretty bland - names like "Pravda" and other commonly known Russian words.

Kilowog lived there briefly as well; he created the Rocket Reds.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Any ideas where Red Star will be next? I think he'd work great in Green Lantern with what John's has set-up in regards to GL's problems with Russia and other sovereign nations. I'd see him as eventually being more of a mediator, but I don't think it would start out that way given his and Hal's attitudes.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.