Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Cover to Titans/Legion one-shot (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Cover to Titans/Legion one-shot
capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey all,

On his website this morning, Geoff Johns posted the cover to the Titans-Legion one-shot coming out in September. Here's a link (scroll down):

http://www.geoffjohns.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=d4c1f4a9c05b984471692e036ac10ec6;act=ST;f=27;t=4127

And if I'm seeing correctly, it looks like the Persuader is on the cover to Titans #16 in some kind of Iwo Jima pose with the rest of the Titans.

Let the speculation begin.....

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Just to warn you, you'll need to be registered and logged in to Geoff's board in order to view this link.

Oh, and btw... regardless of how the story is, I LOVE the cover. Anything by Phil works for me [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Spoilers below if you don't want to know, don't read.

With the cover being what it is... it looks like just about anything could happen with the Waid/Kitson run. Heck you could have a Fatal Five made up of Manos themselves from what I saw. I only see one version of the heroes though. Maybe they're just trying to go for a Fatal 25 or something.

That was a nice pick up on the Iwo Jima cover too Capt. Dallas. I don't know how WWII ties into the Legion/Titans crossover though. For now I'll just take it as an homage.

I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
A postboot version of "The Fatal Five Who Twisted Time" perhaps?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ack, I hate having to register just to see images. [Mad]

Depends on the images I suppose [Wink]

[ June 14, 2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
capt._dallas
Co-Creator/Writer: Omega Chase

Icon 1 posted      Profile for capt._dallas           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
Ack, I hate having to register just to see images. [Mad]

I can appreciate that sentiment.

So, can anyone figure out a way to post the image(s) on this thread?

--------------------
Omega Chase, available in stores in September: http://th3rdworld.com/comics.php

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the pic for those who aren't registered/don't wanna register:

Click for fullsize image

[ June 14, 2004, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Spellbinder ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, did you notice what Johns called Waid's new series?

quote:
And a week following that, I get to team-up with one of my favorite writers ever, Mark Waid, as we tackle the TEEN TITANS/LEGION one-shot which sets up Mark and Barry Kiton's new book LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES!
Oh yeah.
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
taichara
Stealth Ninja Hamster

Icon 1 posted      Profile for taichara   Email taichara         Edit/Delete Post     
Hm. After trying to take in the cover to the Titans/Legion crossover (and failing, I admit -- my eyes, my eyes ...), there's a wee detail which caught my attention.

It's likely just an artifact of the file, or of my screen resolution, so I offer the thought up to Legion World for immediate dissection. (Muahaha.)

Look, there, in the top left corner (more or less). Nice black and white uniform, there. Jarth? Possibly. Probably. Maybe.

But that hair looks distinctly blond to me ...

Dare one hope?

Tai

--------------------
c:\>erase c:\reality.sys copy a:\gigacity\*.* c:

From: Hou'ou-shi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

I was thinking that perhaps it was Garth in the midst of all that lightning, but since I don't see Ultra Boy any place else on the cover, I'm guessing it's probably him.

Bummer.

--------------------

Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tai'Chara:
Hm. After trying to take in the cover to the Titans/Legion crossover (and failing, I admit -- my eyes, my eyes ...), there's a wee detail which caught my attention.

It's likely just an artifact of the file, or of my screen resolution, so I offer the thought up to Legion World for immediate dissection. (Muahaha.)

Look, there, in the top left corner (more or less). Nice black and white uniform, there. Jarth? Possibly. Probably. Maybe.

But that hair looks distinctly blond to me ...

Dare one hope?

Tai

I noted the same thing, and for a fraction of an instant did let myself dare to hope. But I'm sure it's just Jarth. I hate seeing him on covers... What am I doing looking at spoilers anyway...
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW great cover! i spot many different versions of the Fatal Five. i even see Caress and Flare in there. Is there the 2-Eye'd Cera Kesh Empress? and it means at least one of those Validus's (Validi?) is the child of Garth and Imra. this confirms without a doubt the role of some sort of time anomaly in the "revamp".

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sensor is a snake-woman still.
Kinetix is in her hulk form.
But I think that's Jan, not Jarth.

Dagnabbit I'm anxious.

--------------------
Just spouting off.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
all the legionnaires on the cover are the current versions. my guess is the story ends with the Legion returning to an altered future, and we have to wait till december and LSH #1 to see how things have been revamped.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Hmmm... kinda like a "Zero Hour", but rather than just starting back at the Founding, we'll join the story "already in progress?"

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.