Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Titans: The Maim Game

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Titans: The Maim Game
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's review, shall we?

Risk: Had his OTHER arm ripped off by Superman-Prime in 2007 during the Sinestro Corps war. Anyone seen him since?

Red Star: Lost both Baby Wildebeest and Pantha. How much coverage? One issue of Johns run in Titans, and a one-panel scene in BL: Titans.

Marvin: Mauled to death by Wonder Dog.

Wendy: Crippled, currently recuperating in the Batgirl series.

Jericho: Has gone crazy twice, and become sane twice.

Mas y Menos: Badly injured in Final Crisis #1. If not for the Director's Cut we all probably would've gone on thinking they were dead.

Tempest: Spent three years in limbo after he showed up in the Aquaman book, depowered and an albino. He finally comes back to speed for ONE issue of Titans, where we finally learn that both his ex-wife and his child have been dead since Infinite Crisis. He becomes King of Atlantis for about that same issue, and then he dies in Blackest Night.

Dolphin: See Tempest.

Ceridian: See Tempest.

Hawk III: Holly spent five years as Hawk and barely any characterization other than "Hawk". But hey, she lasted longer than the third Hawk & Dove team.

Arsenal: Cry for Justice happened. Among other things.

Lian Harper: Cry for Justice happened. Among other things.

Little Barda: Still in critical condition.

Son of Vulcan: Still in hospital.

Lagoon Boy: Still in hospital.

Anima: Cut in half by that douchebag Prometheus and her body dumped in the Ghost Zone.

Kid Devil: Two years spent building him up, then depowered and killed.

Kid Eternity: Pretty much no one cares what the hell happened to him, do they? I mean, you'd think they would've looked to see where he's been. Where is he? Being kept hostage by Calculator as he's forced to constantly resummon Marvin.

Power Boy: Shoved through a tree branch and badly burned.

Raven: Can't be played past the drama and is constantly breaking up with Beast Boy.

Lilith Clay: This one's an oldie. Got killed by a robot Superman, yet everyone spent more time mourning over Donna Troy then to bother to even give her a burial scene.

Riddler's Daughter: Hasn't been seen since Titans East by Johns and Beechen.

Pantha: Head punched off.

Baby Wildebeest: Hole blown through his chest.

Bushido: Cut in half.

Duela Dent: Killed to start Countdown, and her origin was finally cleared up posthumously.

Golden Eagle: Last seen being freed from being an alien warrior's sex toy.

Terra II: Punched straight through the chest by Black Adam.

Damage: Disfigured, and pretty much two or three years spent dealing with his aggression and trauma since, only to kill him in Blackest Night.

Mal Duncan: Badly traumatized in Infinite Crisis, lost use of vocal chords, supposedly a member of the Doom Patrol, hasn't been seen in what? Two years? Oh, and the dissolution of his marriage to Bumblebee.

Bumblebee: Shrunk to six inches and suffers from a heart condition which causes her to rely on that other douche the Chief for medication. Dissolution of marriage.

[ May 02, 2010, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm really unsure why several of these characters were even created, it really feels like they were Cannon Fodder (Little Barda, Power Boy).

As far as Lilith goes, her death is a travesty and I still think it should never have happened.

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Just updated it.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
what about Nightrider, Redwing, Killowatt, Battalion,and others? Blanked out of existence by Zero Hour.

Speedy II (Mia) - HIV positive

Hawk and Dove (boy and girl - Wiley and Sasha) - where are they? in limbo!

Magenta: split personality -on and off and on and off.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Hmm, I wasn't sure if I should've added them since most of what happened to the ones above are in the last five years. Five or seven, really.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's ridonkulous how they treat the Titans.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

30+ maimed or ruined in the last six or seven years.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
If they ever bring back that kid Frankenstein, he could be assembled entirely out of disassembled Titans...
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Young Frankenstein's been back for a year now. He popped up in Terror Titans.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't Jericho lose his eyes at the end of some Titans crossover, or am I misremembering?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

No, he lost them. But I felt, considering the state of his mental health, adding in the eye bit would've been overkill.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Fair enough, though given that the topic is Titans maiming, we are already beyond overkill.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
re: Mia, to be fair, she was revealed as having HIV waaay before she ever joined the Titans.

I know we are supposed to suspend disbelief because it's a comic and such, but honestly, with the Titans' track record for keeping kids safe, it makes no sense at all why the JSA aren't marching on over to San Francisco to either shut them down or give them some adult supervision. It's really sad that a book which was once home to DC's best character moments (IMO) is just third-rate gorn. And tasteless, considering that these are *teenagers.*

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.