Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » DC Comics Presents ... Teen Titans 100-Page Spectacular

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DC Comics Presents ... Teen Titans 100-Page Spectacular
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
How much do you love this ?

http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=19671

From DC Comics.com

"Written by BOB HANEY, MICHAEL ALLRED and LEE ALLRED; Art by JAY STEPHENS and MICHAEL ALLRED; Cover by MICHAEL ALLRED

The original Teen Titans go on a secret space adventure at the behest of President Kennedy in this reprint of the LOST ANNUAL! Plus, it's the Teen Titans vs. the Doom Patrol and more from SOLO #7!
DC Universe 96pg. Color $7.99 US
On Sale August 17, 2011 "

-

(I looked, (quickly) and I didn't see an appropriate place to post this so I made a new thread ... )

[ August 17, 2011, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I already owned the issue of Solo and the Annual. I'm more looking forward to when ELSEWORLDS 80-PAGE GIANT is being reprinted.

But the story from Solo is amazing, I will admit. But I think Mike missed a chance for comedy gold when he didn't include Joker's Daughter in the whole bonanza.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ahh it WAS a bonanza ... these issues are all 'new to me' ... Joker's Daughter would've been a great admission!!!!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I have both these issues already too so I passed on this, but i give it my 200% RECOMMENDATION for ANYONE who missed the Mike Allred SOLO issue!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

***SURELY*** a collection of Groovy 70s Teen Titans issues 44-53 MUST BE CLOSER to a reality than ever before...!!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I also add my 200% recommendation for the Allred Solo!

(that's 400% so far!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I have the Solo issue (and echo the love) but I missed the Annual. What is Legion World's opinion of that book? Worth tracking down?
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I only read it the one time; Allred does the inks not the pencils (but it very much still has the Allred-y flavor). As I recall, I liked it okay... it was a bit camp as I recall but not camp enough to be super-duper-memorable to me.

Unlike Allred's SOLO, which was the perfect mixture of camp, grooviness and awesomesauce.

I think there was a thread here about it... let me check to see, it may have other more helpful opinions...

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

*dreamy sigh*

-

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
^ love
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

me too but why does Donna look scared, she's the most powerful ....

oh wait .... she's just seducing Speedy ..... [Wink]

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
At the promptings of this thread, I just read Solo #7.

I adore Allred's art and the Titans story was probably the grooviest I've ever read. All that plus some Legion cameos? I hadn't had that much fun in awhile. People should tell me sooner when I haven't lived.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm tickled you enjoyed it!! I think it is one of my fave single-issue comics ever.

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed the whole overall anthology feel Allred's various stories had. It's a shame a book like Solo doesn't still run.

The fun of having the founding five together makes me all that more saddened by the fact three of them are being neglected by the DCNu.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.