Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » THE TEEN TITANS... but WHO are they-- WHAT are they NOW?!?! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: THE TEEN TITANS... but WHO are they-- WHAT are they NOW?!?!
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I enjoy Bunker. I would be a horrible liar if I didn't admit it.

But, being the snob I am, Cass Sandsmark is just becoming more and more unappealing to me.

Besides, I'm actually uncomfortable supporting this book due to all the editorial confusion. Were there Titans before them? Is this the first team? Scott Lobdell has been giving it both ways from what I've seen. Tim saying "the name just came to me" in the fifth issue after he thought "so much for this Titans team" in the second issue. Then there's the glib references Lobdell has been making in Outlaws (ew). If the Fab Five aren't in continuity anymore, I'm not supporting this.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
*hic*
From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
GASP! I just read TEEN TITANS 3-4 and... DID NOT HATE THEM. In fact, they were pretty good.

I was prepared to despise Bunker for being a big ol' homo, but instead I love him and totally want to get with him!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Danny the Street plays a pretty big part of #7- with the revelation that he's been undercover for Red Robin throughout this series. I don't know if Danny's still a transvestite, though.

The clarity of his communication is a little uneven, however. In one scene, he has to use symbols to communicate... in another, it's straightforward signage. I'm not sure why.

I'm not liking 'Don't call me Wonder Girl' at all. Her attitude has to relent at some point. And the nature of her lasso is just wrong for a teenage heroine. Oh, I forgot. New DCU. Joy.

That said, I am enjoying this title and its companion SUPERBOY quite a bit.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
WHAT DID THEY DO TO LILITH?

http://www.titanstower.com/monitor/?p=12663

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anything really surprise you anymore Sarky?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This is just baiting fans of 'older' characters. I can't wait to read all the nauseating interviews of the writers extolling the virtues of this version of Omen. They'll probably also allude to how grateful we should be that they're bringing her back.

Maybe there's great story behind that panel and the 'sadistic' description. Maybe what made Lilith fun and distinctive will make its way into the new DCU.

This creative team has been making good use of Danny the Street. And Bunker and Solstice and even Skitter. Why on earth would they choose Lilith to be demonized? I'm hoping there's *some* redeeming feature to her return to 'action'.

But we'll all have to be prepared for there not to be. The new DCU's track record with non-Vertigo or Wildstorm 'midlist' characters ain' exactly a sterling one.

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Does anything really surprise you anymore Sarky?

I'm the optimist in the family. My brother's the jaded cynic.

Think about what that says about my family.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Danny the Street?????!!!!!???? in Teen Titans?!?!? dang! how could I miss that?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

TT #8: BBBBBLLLLLEEEEECCCCHHHH!!!!!

Worst 'reimagining' evah!

Why even bother? There's the barest glimmer of a hope that something might free Lilith from Harvest's clutches, but it's remote at best.

The LEGION LOST crossover begins next week... can that redeem the horribleness of goth girl Omen and her bleeding blind eyes and awfulness?

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

This is from a tumblr post I made after I noticed something today.

I’ve said before that my current feelings for Lobdell hasn’t changed my opinion of Generation X. But I’ve begun to reread my collection of Gen X comics, and, looking at the ones writing by Lobdell I’ve noticed something.

Generation X Classic Vol.1 also includes Generation Next, the storyline that was part of the Phalanx Covenant story arc. Writing duties were shared by Lobdell and Fabian Nicieza. In one of the issues Lobdell wrote, he uses a member of the Phalanx called… Harvest.

“Let me tell you about ‘hope’, children. I was a human being once. My name was… it doesn’t matter. I was a man. A husband. A father. My heart was filled to overflow with hope that the world would be a better place… if I were brave enough to join the Phalanx, and rid that world of mutants. But that was when I was a carbonite. Something less than I am now. Now I am called Harvest. And I will not rest until all organic life on the planet Earth has been culled as chaff from the wheat.”

There’s also the fact that the Phalanx had been specifically hunting down young mutants whom they deemed to be the next generation.

I understand that Lobdell didn’t create the Phalanx, and that Harvest is, was, not the leader. There’s also the fact that it would be entirely natural, and obvious, to use farming terms when you’ve got a character named Harvest.

Nevertheless, the similarity bothered me. Here we have a character named Harvest, part of a project to hunt down young mutants and collect them for study, but whose major goal is to assimilate all human life while searching for ways to assimilate mutants. That’s Marvel. Over in DC, we have something called Harvest who is the head of an organization that’s devoted its resources to hunting down teenage metahumans and forcing them to participate in some bloody free-for-all called “The Culling”, while a certain batch become Harvest’s young hunters, the Ravagers. Possibly because of some intention on Harvest’s part that might be sympathetic, but still requires psychological torture and mind rape to break teenage boys and girls.

It would be too conspiratorial of me to admit now that Lobdell is merely copying some of what he used in Generation X now based on these two pieces of information. But I think it would be wise if some of us, myself included, took the time to carefully read over Lobdell’s run on Generation X to search for any more similarities to Teen Titans before we cry “foul”.

Or I could just be fishing for another valid reason to hate what he’s doing with the Titans and Superboy.

--------------------
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

The new Lilith/Omen is pretty terrible... I hope she can be salvaged to the good side. Otherwise though I have been enjoying the rollercoaster ride of TT.

(I have yet to read the annual though)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Sarc, let us know if you find more evidence of Lobdell borrowing from his previous works! This is the sort of thing BLEEDING COOL is made of!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

HOLY GOOD OLD DAYS!

An annual-- used as the start-off for a mini-crossover event? Drawn by the regular artist???

THIS is how annuals should be done.

Sure, the jury is still out on Lilith/Omen but overall I'm still loving TEEN TITANS.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^ Same here! The Lilith bit is a mis-step that could easily be fixed down the road, but for the most part, I'm really enjoying the heck out of Teen Titans!

I'll take the Teen Titans & Superboy series over about 90% of DC's other comics.

I'm really excited about this Culling crossover, actually. Awesome way to kick off with an annual, and adding in the lost Legionnaires is a benefit to all parties.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.