Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The New Teen Titans 1980-1984: cover commentary (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The New Teen Titans 1980-1984: cover commentary
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding #3's color choices: see the original and a reprint with some changes to the art

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Here's the same for #6. Great Hera! It looks like space is choked with moss.

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I had no idea they changed the colours in foreign editions of comics. I wonder what... Romeo Tanghal (was that the NTT colorist?) thought of that.

As for these versions - the new Spanish version of #3 is UG.LY! Hate it.

I sort of don't mind the orange/brown background on #6 but Trigon really should have stayed his own red color since he's meant to be the main focus and shouldn't be melting into the background.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Blacula, the NTT colorist was usually Adrienne Roy. Romeo Tanghal was George Perez's NTT inker.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

That's right! Thanks FL. I had all those names floating around in my head but couldn't remember who did what.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lord:
Click for fullsize image

I LOVE this cover ... as a kid it blew my mind ... that the cover was ripping off. Made it feel so much more real.

And ... the action INSIDE was also mind blowing, the fight scenes were so clever.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Blacula
Easy

Hmmm. Both great covers but they don't stand out to me the way others by Perez do.

I think I'd have to say I prefer the Hyperion one because I'm a sucker for floating heads (though the fact that Wally's is slightly off-line bugs).

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely the first one. It's got Paradise Island as a backdrop, and Kory and Donna fighting to 'save the ones they love' (which, presumably, are the boys watching from off-panel, making the boys the 'damsels in distress,' which is always fun!).

The second one does benefit from having the entire team present, even if, typically for a cover, the speedster, the fastest flier and the teleporter are, as usual, in the back, not having caught up with the lumbering cyborg or the teen acrobat...

What good is being able to run at a significant fraction of the speed of light if the kid who swings on a rope always gets there first? [Smile]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

I don't have any criticisms of these two, but I don't LOVE either one, either. I prefer the more detailed background of #5 ----somewhat like #13, which is also semi-"dark). I don't care that much for floating heads.

Did Hyperion and Trigon go to the same Villain Posing College?

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lord: Did Hyperion and Trigon go to the same Villain Posing College?
Same outfit, more or less, too. Strappy thing across chest, mostly to hold the cape on. Some flowy cloth over the junk. Sandals.

You'd think being a god would come with a wardrobe allowance.

I wonder if Trigon the Terrible is related to Hagar the Horrible? Or possibly Iago the Inadmissible?

[ August 31, 2012, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Villains hate wearing underpants! why? Because they're EVIL! They probably like to start sentences with because as well!!! (and use excessive !!!!!!!!!! )
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

I took another look at #5. I like the way the curved decorative beams give shape to the cover and frame the logo. I'm liking this one more.
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

These have already been up, of course...just wanted to see the detailed, 'semi-dark' ones side by side.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.