Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The New Teen Titans 1980-1984: cover commentary (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The New Teen Titans 1980-1984: cover commentary
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Great Hera! I haven't cared for the previous examples of changes in other editions, but I figured it was a matter of personal taste in color. But this is a JUST A MESS. Hyperion looks like a gold statue and why the HELL is the sky green??

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, Nuevos Garfield can turn into orange cats, and not just green cats! Cool!

Foreshadowing of the NuDCU version of Beast Boy, who is reddish-orange? Or plaigerism! Dun, dun, dun-dun!

What the heck is Cyborg shooting out of his hand? He doesn't have energy blasters, just that sonic hand attachment thing... Huh.

Dark-haired Starfire is neat. I think I like the dark contrail better!

As for the previous cover, yellow Hyperion's lavender lightning is..., well, it just is. Yanno?

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Double post. Ignore the little man behind the curtain.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Cyborg used to have a finger laser ... not sure if all of his fingers can fire blasts. maybe.

quote:
Click for fullsize image

Great Hera! I haven't cared for the previous examples of changes in other editions, but I figured it was a matter of personal taste in color. But this is a JUST A MESS. Hyperion looks like a gold statue and why the HELL is the sky green??[/QB]

The sky is only green for the top 90% of the page ... which is even more bizarre ... also I think Paradise Island needs to deal with their pollution problem as they have turned the ocean BROWN!?!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
All that, but they always seem to get Kid Flash's color scheme right.
Sign of a "classic" costume?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Ooh, Nuevos Garfield can turn into orange cats, and not just green cats! Cool!

Foreshadowing of the NuDCU version of Beast Boy, who is reddish-orange? Or plaigerism! Dun, dun, dun-dun!

Dark-haired Starfire is neat. I think I like the dark contrail better!

scroll back a little more and you will see the NTT #6 - they showed Changeling's red too...hmmm I dont know about the spanish covers...but I wonder if it is how he is being colored as red throughout the spanish books??
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Set

The box with the 'More New Pages from the new DC!' blurb on the #8 cover isn't quite big enough to block the view of He Who Shall Not Be Named, and therefore I hate it.

Hmm, Kory's hair was darker than I remember on that 1st issue. Must be that darn Nuevos Titans time-travel retcon thing again!

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

As I've mentioned before, when I run across the house ads that feature the cover of #1 (against a black background, I think?) I stop and stare at it.

While looking at #8 to compose my comments, I realize that I can't remember what happens in the issue. This is one of the issues that I picked up long after I started reading Titans.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
#8 what I remember from the issue (with the cover jogging my memory) Terry Long is introduced with Donna introducing him to Starfire. Starfire does save the kid from being run over by a Central Park cab. Cyborg gets dumped by his pre-accident girlfriend and ends up meeting the kids with prosthetics & Sarah Sims. Changeling after talking with Cyborg chases away some punks trying to strip his expensive car. Raven uses her soul self to check out a local university, discovers terrorists planting bombs around campus, gathers them up, and races back to have her soul selfjoin with her body in the minute limit. She doesn't make it, but manages to avoid the dire results that she was told would happen. Wally has dinner with his parents (pre-Manhunter dad & alcholic mom) and his dad has him carve the roast seeing as he is now a man.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Sigh. I feel sorry for everyone who missed buying issue #1 fresh off the stands on the day it was released. One of the high points in the life of a comic reader. Seriously.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

I can still buy #1 for the first time, anyway; I still don't own a copy. I *read* it fairly early on in a mass market paperback book that reprinted 1-3 (chopped up page-wise, black and white).

Click for fullsize image

The back cover features the Titans' heads against stars, like #8.

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Jerry
active

Thank goodness Terra lost that head gear!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.