Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The New Teen Titans 1980-1984: cover commentary (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The New Teen Titans 1980-1984: cover commentary
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lord:
I can still buy #1 for the first time, anyway; I still don't own a copy. I *read* it fairly early on in a mass market paperback book that reprinted 1-3 (chopped up page-wise, black and white).

Click for fullsize image

The back cover features the Titans' heads against stars, like #8.

That book was my very first exposure to the Titans! Gosh - I had completely forgotten about it. I wonder where it is now?

My first exposure to pretty much the entire DCU was in black and white like that book actually, because that's how Australia reprinted DC comics. They did it totally randomly too so you might buy a comic that had the Titans on the cover and then you'd get an Omega Men or Atari Force or something as a back-up? Or you'd buy a JLA issue and there would be a Flash or Wonder Woman back-up. Murray Comics (as they were known here) were over-sized.

What's ironic is that I read and enjoyed so much of the DCU in black and white back then but now colour is so important to me - I would never buy one of those Showcase Essentials for example. Funny how things change.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta back up a little bit...

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

Well, OK. The French version is virtually identical. Nuevos' gray background isn't bad, but the buildings should not be the same color.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

No, no, Nuevos!!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

16: So DC siphoned 15-20% off the cover of their HOTTEST property to promote Captain Carrot. At least it wasn't MASK.

Shoved over + the "you'll have to go through us" = one of the least notable covers for me.

28. Yep, that first Terra costume had to go. I thought the ponytail thing was interesting...not the look, but the misdirection.

Another nice-looking cover, but not a particular favorite.

Lash, did ya see the Hero In Hand?

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Wait...what? Robins Blond elsewhere? Interesting.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

[Beast Boy - Gar Logan]
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh no! The LW upgrade ate all the posts!

Hey, wait a minute....

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.