Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Re-imagine a Titan (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Re-imagine a Titan
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll go first.

Wonder Girl -- Donna Troy, orphan raised by the Amazons of Paradise Island (and not the DCnU Amazons, no, no) inherits the mantle of Wonder Woman when Diana dies in a battle against the Titans of myth. But she feels she is still too young and still has to prove herself, so she goes by the moniker Wonder Girl. She is an outcast in Man's World, and the comradeship of the other young heroes and heroines means a lot to her. She also wants to redeem the name Titan, thus she's the one who comes up with the name for the team.

Next?

[ September 17, 2012, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Fanfic Lady ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Duela Dent: a mysterious modern day Crazy Jane. She has multiple personalities, though the one thing all the personalities have in common is that they staunchly believe they are the daughter of one of Batman's enemies.

Each of them are heroic (to varying degrees) though they all have personalities and powers somewhat based on their 'parent'. Mr Freeze's daughter is a tragically stoic cryokinetic; the Joker's daughter is an unpredictable clown who can cause people to become temporarily insane; Poison Ivy's daughter is a fierce environmentalist with plant control powers; and so on...

Batman and Robin found her fending for herself in the worst part of Gotham City, though nothing of her past before this is known. Her powers made her too difficult for normal institutions to deal with, her youth and natural altruistic nature made her a bad fit for Arkham Asylum...her personalities are all fiercely independent of one another, so the dynamic duo eventually came up with the idea of inducting her into the Teen Titans in the hope that being around heroic peers would be a good influence for her and that one day she would build enough trust to submit herself to proper psychiatric care.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome thread idea, FL. Like how you have Donna taking up the mantle of Diana!

Taking Duela's craziness a tad further is awesome, raz.

How about Lilith as a modern-day Cassandra? She first encounters the Titans while trying to warn them about a flash-flood in the middle of town at the height of summer. Naturally, nobody believes her... and are shocked when it does happen!

Lilith joins up, but the Titans feel compelled to disbelieve every prediction she makes - even though they know her powers really do work. Fed up, Lilith embarks on a quest to find the origin of her powers, which leads her to predict the return of her real mother, Thia. She finds out that Thia messed with her, making sure nobody would believe her predictions so that Lilith would be unable to raise an army to stop her.

Confronting her, Lilith and the Titans (plus a reimagined Kole - hey, she's MY favorite Titan) manage to stop her. Lilith deals the finishing blow, and gains pyrokinesis and the ability to fly. She also retains occasional precognitive flashes of danger, but that's the only thing she can foretell.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Great ideas from Raz and IB!

We're on a roll now!

Who's next?

--------------------

Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
When young Garfield Craig Logan inherits the elixir and helmet of Bwana Beast, he becomes Beast Boy. Possessed of ape-level strength, speed, and agility, he also has the ability to talk to animals, and the power to create bizarre “chimeras” under his mental control by fusing together two different animals.

Unlike his predecessors, Beast Boy frequently uses his powers on human beings. Using ordinary dogs, cats, and flies, he creates small armies of nigh-invulnerable werewolves, cat-people, and human flies to come to his aide. As the—usually innocent bystanders—remember not only their transformations, but Gar’s mental control, he is one of the less popular Titans.

On one occasion, Beast Boy merged a high school student named Karen Beecher with a common bumblebee, reducing her to a height of only five inches, allowing her to flee a dangerous situation through an air duct. However, Karen was mysteriously immune to his mental control; in addition, he discovered he was unable to change her back. At the suggestion of his mentor, the green monkey named Sakutia, he gave her a tiny dose of the Beast Elixir. This allowed her to transform herself back into an ordinary-sized human girl. It also gave her the power to transform at will back into a five-inch-tall bee girl, who became known as the hero Bumblebee.

As Bumblebee, Karen can fly, has enhanced senses, and is able to project an aerosolized neurotoxin (bee-venom) capable of temporarily paralyzing her targets.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I love your idea for Bumblebee. Wish they'd used that instead of permanently transforming her into a doll-sized girl...

And your new Beast Boy, wow, what a shades of gray character!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I like Klar's idea for Bumblebee, too. Shades of Marvel's Wasp. Not so sure how I feel about his idea for Beast Boy, but far be it from me to discourage people from going to the extremes of the imagination.

Who's next?

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
When the vampire Vyrkolas, as part of his takeover of the circus, attempted to add young Dick Grayson to his 'family,' the boys parents put up a struggle, and died resisting the vampire ringleader. Bitten, and succumbing to the vampire's curse, Dick was rescued by the legendary Batman, the only full-blooded vampire to resist the dark urges of their kind, and serve as a protector of man, holding back the other predators that lurk in the night.

Now, as Nightwing, Dick Grayson takes a special formula designed by his mentor to keep his curse in abeyance, trapped 'one heartbeat away' from joining his mentor in the eternal night, and losing the sun forever.

His strength, reflexes, senses and toughness increased somewhat, by his partial transformation, Nightwing lends his superhuman acrobatics skills to the hunt, using gadgetry such as smoke bombs, trained animals and misdirection to allow the Titan's foes to believe that he has the full powers of a vampire, to turn into mist, or to shapechange into animals.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Very cool, Set. I had been hoping you'd chime in.

So far, we've had re-imaginings of Donna, Duela, Lilith, Garfield, Karen, and Dick.

That leaves Wally, Garth, Roy, Mal...and whoever I'm forgetting at the moment.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Fanfic Lady, here is my take on Mal.

Mal Duncan was exploring the attic of the antique shop is grandfather owns. He discovers a stange looking dial. On the dial are the letters H, E, R, O. Pressing the letters, Mal is transformed into the hero Guardian. As Guardian, Mal has greater stamina, strength, and reflexes, along with a shield. Mal is thrilled with his new powers, however after going to sleep, he wakes up as plain old Mal again.

Expecting to be turned into Guardian again, Mal presses the letters on the dial again. This time however, he is turned into Hornblower. As Hornblower, Mal has a magical horn. Upon hearing the music, people come under Mal's control. A force of will can break a person free from Mal's control. The more people under his control, the less effort is needed to break free of the control. The control also lasts for an hour after Mal stops playing.

Waking up the next day, Mal has again reverted to his normal self. Pressing the letters this time changes Mal into The Herald. Like Hornblower, Mal has a magical horn. But this time when the horn is blown, a number of angels are summoned who will assist Mal. The angels can fly and are strong, but have no magical abilities themselves. The angels vanish when their task is done. The horn can also open up gateways to other dimensions, allowing Mal to seemingly teleport.

The next time Mal presses the letters on the dial he is transformed into Vox. As Vox, Mal is unable to speak, but can emit a sonic blast.

Mal finds that he is randomly changed into one of these four personas and that being unconscious changes him back into is normal self.

[ September 07, 2012, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Nice way to tie all of Mal's alter-egos together, Quis.

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Batman and Nightwing as actual vampires is an awesome idea!

...and the Wasp has always been one of my favourite Avengers, so I dig the new take on Bumblebee too! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I like the "real" vampires as well, and the new and improved powers of Hornblower and Herald for Mal are great!

--------------------

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Roy Harper, thanks to the backing of an anonymous, wealthy and connected sponsor (whose initials were O.Q.), went from inner city ne'er do well to the first former homeless gang rat street kid to make it to the Olympic archery team, only to be disqualified and dishonored by an event staged by a jealous rival, in which he was found, drugs in hand, and hookers in lap, just as the cameras flashed.

The rags to riches / local boy done good story was quickly abandoned by the media, who as quickly as they'd built him up, savagely tore him down, with his competitor, now taking his spot on the team, flat out stating in his interview that, "'some people' shouldn't be representing this country, trash is as trash does, after all."

Roy might have hit rock bottom after the manufactured scandal destroyed his dreams, but his anonymous benefactor was not ready to give up on him yet, and he woke up to find a strange man in his room, aiming a bow at him. The man asked a question that made no sense to him, "This arrow was a gift from a friend. Do you know anything about Thanagarian technology?"

He mumbled, "What?" and the man released the arrow aimed at his heart, an arrow that seemed to turn into cold sheets of liquid metal and tear through his veins like razors of ice.

He blacked out, and when he woke, there was no sign that anyone had ever been in his room, or that he'd been shot through the heart with a metal arrow. Indeed, he felt oddly refreshed, with no hangover from the previous nights liquid supper, and none of the ragged run-down sense of depression that had been dogging him since his disgrace and expulsion from the US olympic archery team.

It was later that day, when an angry member of his former gang showed up to teach him a lesson about trying to quit the gang, that he wished he had a bow, and the cold sensation returned, as a mechanical voice in his head said softly, 'Weapon Active.' A gleaming bow of silvery metal formed in his grip, and as he pulled back the string and wished for an arrow, an arrow melted out of his hand as well. The thug turned and ran, and he didn't even have to fire the arrow, which, danger passed, merged back into his flesh, along with the bow, with a cold slithering sensation.

Over the next weeks, he learned that he could cause any metal weapon he could envision to form from the strange alien metal substance now inhabiting his body (although he had no special skill with weapons other than the bow, leading to him beginning training in a variety of other weapons, from the common sword and staff to the uncommon bola and whip). He was a living arsenal, and so that became his new name, as he took up the life of a vigilante hero, as Arsenal.

Set

Wally and Garth to go!

(And others like Lilith and Gnarrk and the original West Coast Titans, perhaps!)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.