Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Re-imagine a Titan (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Re-imagine a Titan
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nicely done, Set. I didn't think anybody could make Roy even halfway interesting.

BTW, Lilith was already re-imagined, in one of IB's previous posts in this thread.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Gnarrk

While exploring some caverns as part of a team building exercise, the Titans come across what looks like a young Neanderthal male asleep inside a glass tube. As they approach the tube, a nearby console comes online and part of the tube slides open. The young man emerges and checks the console and then retrieves a pair of coveralls from a locker. Turning to the Titans, He says "I am Gnarrk!" Gnarrk then explained to the Titans that he is from the planet Feldspur in the Mu system. He had been on an exploration mission when his ship crashed on Earth. He was the sole survivor of the crew. He had jury rigged a statis chamber from the remains of the ship so that he could wait out any rescue attempt. His console was set to revive him when is people came for him. He is not sure why it activated when the Titans came within the proximity. Checking on his console again, Gnarrk figures that he has been in suspended animation for 150,000 Earth years. The console also has been monitoring radio transmissions on Earth and transferred the knowledge of all Earth Languages to Gnarrk while he was in stasis.

Contacting the Guardians of the Universe throough Green Lantern, Gnarrk and the Titans discover that his home world was destroyed in a supernova about 130,000 years ago. The people of his planet seem to have escaped the destruction of their planet, but no one knows what has become of them.

Gnarrk has twice the strength of an Olympic athlete. He has a genius level intelligence and has recovered some of the lost technology of his civilization.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I like the new origin for Arsenal. If you can eliminate his womanizing personality too...

Love Gnarrk being an alien from the past! Awesome!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Kole

Young Crystal Weathers couldn't understand why her parents were so paranoid. From a young age, she kept sane by avoiding them as much as possible, despite their fussy and overprotective ways.

One day, though, she couldn't escape. A young teenager of 16, she went on what she thought was a family vacation - only to find out her parents had joined a cult! The cult leader promised to bring them all to safety.

He separated the children from their parents and send them ahead - only to find they were being forced to work in a diamond mine.

Crystal lost track of how long she'd been in there. She wished, oh how she wished, that she could get out.

One day, she got her wish when the foreman was about to beat her. The coal she was holding suddenly turned to diamond, shielding her. She quickly got herself and all the other kids out, alerting the authorities, who shut down the cult - only to find her parents and many others had suicided under the cult leader's orders.

Still, Crystal was free and, with some help and guidance from the Justice League, found that she could manipulate carbon - changing it from coal to graphite to diamond and back, forming rudimentary shapes with it, and even gathering naturally-occuring carbon for her own needs. With practice, she could even alter the carbon in her own body to give her a degree of invulnerability and strength, though she is loathe to do that unless in an emergency.

She's still learning about her powers, and now fights crime as the superheroine Kole.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
When Hank and Dave Yamaguchi failed admittance into the Legion of Super-Heroes, they traveled back in time 1,000 years to become members of the Teen Titans.

Intensively trained in a 31st-century version Shao Lin Kung Fu, Hank Yamaguchi is strong and agile, a master strategist and martial arts expert. If injured, he is able to focus his Qi inward, entering a healing trance which repairs the injuries to his body more quickly and completely than is possible for an ordinary Terran. He was rejected by the Legion because his powers were already completely replicated by Karate Kid (by whom he was easily defeated).

Dave Yamaguchi’s training was more in the spiritual and mental processes of the art. He is highly observant and aware, quick-thinking, gregarious, and charismatic. He has also mastered a number of mental disciplines- he is able to “cloud men’s minds”, appearing invisible, or, at least, unseen. He is frequently able to calm agitated minds, producing within their brains a combination of alpha-waves, endorphins and cannabinoids which suppress aggression, and give a sense of overall well-being and peace. The Legion felt his powers too limited.

Nor did the Teen Titans consider “Hawk” and “Dove”, as they call themselves, Titan material either. Thus the two travel to San Francisco and become founding members of “Titans West”.

Hawk and Dove are not above using their powers in tandem, with Dove reducing the aggression level of an opponent, and Hawk attacking mercilessly.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
^^^More wonderful re-imaginings. I especially like Klar's take on Hawk & Dove.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Childhood friends Garth and Bette were kidnapped by a crazy man who wanted to "awaken their true selves". They were rescued by the Titans, but not before being subjected to some tests.

The two seemed unchanged. Then, one day, when Bette was trying to convince Garth to use their athletic skills to try out for the Titans (Garth being a champion swimmer and experienced scuba diver, and Bette being a champion tennis player and gymnast). Their heated argument resulted in Garth pushing Bette backwards with a spout of water... only for Bette to shield herself with a phoenix of flame!

They would learn that they were exposed, as babies, to a mysterious radioactive meteor - a fact their captor had learned via medical records. His tinkering apparently jumpstarted their powers.

Bette eagerly convinced a reluctant Garth to join the Titans. Bette can use her phoenix flame to burn or heal upon contact, and can surround herself with a protective shield. Garth can breathe underwater and manipulate water in all its forms - as liquid, steam or ice. Together, they are known as Flamebird and Tempest.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

^I like it, IB.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I've so wanted to participate here, but I'm going through a dry spell creatively and besides, I'm enjoying everyone else's fun takes!

I hope I get some creativity back before the theoretical Round 2!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
^I like it, IB.

Thank you kindly, FL! Can't wait for you to join in, Lash.

I really like how Klar tweaked Hawk and Dove's powers so their differing philosophies manifest not only in their tactics but also in their abilities.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by lowercase mllash:
I've so wanted to participate here, but I'm going through a dry spell creatively and besides, I'm enjoying everyone else's fun takes!

I hope I get some creativity back before the theoretical Round 2!

Lash, you are always welcome in this thread. And I have my fingers crossed for you. If it's of any help, I've been going through something similar and I'm trying to recover my creativity by reaching outside my comfort zone for a fresh creative challenge. Maybe you could try the same.

[Hug]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Wally West was excited about touring the STAR Labs in Central City where his Uncle Barry works. A budding young scientist himself, Wally was impressed with the wave particle accelerator Barry was working on, but also the AI robotics of Will Mangus, the protective armor John Henry Irons was developing for space exploration and exploration of the ocean, and the miniaturization experiment of Professor Palmer. After the tour Wally is in the cafeteria with his uncle having lunch when there is an explosion in the North wing of the complex. Alarms start blaring when a second explosion occurs in the South wing. Barry starts heading Wally to the exit amongst the crowd of fleeing workers, but soon disappears from Wally's view. More explosions rock the complex. People don't know where to run to for safety. Wally finds himself in a deserted corridor. As he is catching his breath, the entire ceiling is pulled up by a pair of giant yellow hands. A red faced man dressed in black, but with a faint yellow glow is hovering in the now open sky. "At last, it shall be mine!" "Not so fast Sinestro!" Wally sees a ray of light hit Sinestro on the chest. He falls into the corridor Wally is in. Another man, this one dressed in black and white, descends into the corridor seemingly standing on a platform of light. "Dr. Light!" spat out Sinestro. "The Secret Society rejected your membership. Don't think besting me will grant you membership." The two men ignore Wally as they face each other. Wally decides that he had better make a run for the other hallway just 5 feet across from him. But as he ran, Dr. Light let loose a highly focused beam of light and from Sinestro's ring came an equally focused beam of yellow energy. The two beams struck Wally simultaneously and caused a great flash. The Flash came running down the corridor and saw the beams converge on Wally, but he was too late to stop them. When the light cleared, Wally was gone. Althought there were many wounded employees, the only presumed fatality was Wally even though no body was found.

The next day as a crew began cleaning up the mess in the corridor, they notice a bunch of small points of light. The points of light start to come together and more appear. The lights coalesce into the form of a young boy. It is Wally. He had been turned into living light. As such, he has the properties of light. He is able to travel at the speed of light. He can travel through glass and other transparent substances. He can also cause a huge flash of light, although this causes him to disperse and it takes a couple of hours for Wally to come back together. However, Wally is limited in his ability to interact with the physical world. He is mostly insubstantial and cannot hold things or handle matter. Luckily, in his light form, Wally does not need to eat or drink, although he does miss doing both. His Uncle Barry and the other scientists at STAR labs have vowed to find a way to reverse the process and turn Wally back into flesh and blood. In the meantime, Wally has joined the Titans as Kid Flash

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Nice update on Kid Flash's powers, and I like the way you wrote his origin - really pulls us into it!

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I think the only Silver Age Titan left is Charlie Parker aka Golden Eagle

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Your update of Wally is awesome, Quis.

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.