Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Re-imagine a Titan (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Re-imagine a Titan
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't make me re-imagine Golden Eagle.
You wouldn't like me when I re-imagine Golden Eagle.

I cannot take any credit for Bumblebee-as-the-Wasp. That's the way she is portrayed in the Young Justice Saturday Morning TV Show. Like many of the characters on that show, however, she doesn't have an "origin story".

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any takers for Golden Eagle?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Taken in part from a Hopi myth.

There once was a young lad whose name has been forgotten. This lad had angered Coyote, the trickster. Coyote changed the boy into Man-Eagle, a creature that had a man's form but the head, wings, beak, and talons of an eagle. He looked so hideous and scary that when he tried to return to the tribe, he was not recognized and driven off.

Angered about this, Man-Eagle made a home for himself high in the mountains and would from time to time sneak into the village and steal away a warrior's wife. He would keep the woman in his house for a week, making her work and act as his wife. Then he would slay the woman. This went on for one hundred years, for when Coyote transformed him, he became immortal.

Although many warriors tried to rescue their wives, none succeeded. Then Man-Eagle stole the wife of Son of Light. On his way to Man-Eagle's house, Son of Light met Spider Woman and the Mole. After hearing his tale, Spider Woman and the Mole agreed to help Son of Light. The first thing Spider Woman did was weave a copy of Man-Eagle's magic shirt. The Mole dug a tunnel up through the mountain to Man-Eagle's house so that they could approach it unseen.

Upon entering the house, Son of Light saw Man-Eagle's magic shirt and swapped it for the copy Spider Woman had made. They then enter the first room and found Son of Light's wife tied up. They free her, but this wakes up Man-Eagle who was asleep in the next room. Man-Eagle then challenges Son of Light to a series of contest, which Son of Light is able to win with the help of Spider Woman and the Mole. The last contest had Man-Eagle prepare two piles of dry wood and sticks. Each of them are to sit on the pile of wood and it would be set on fire. The one who could stand the flames best, would win. Man-Eagle donned what he thought was his magic shirt, but was in fact the copy. Son of Light was wearing the magic shirt. When the piles were set on fire, Son of Light was unharmed because of the magic shirt, while Man-Eagle was burnt to ashes.

Spider Woman then mixed up some medicine and had Son of Light spit it on the ashes. From the ashes arose Man-Eagle, but back in his human form. Spider Woman asks Man-Eagle if he had learned not to do evil. When he replied that he had, Spider Woman renamed him Golden Eagle. Golden Eagle then divided his time between the spirit world and the physical world. He is able to shift his form between that of the young lad that he was when he was first turned into Man-Eagle, the Man-Eagle form, and a full eagle form. In the Man-Eagle form, he can fly and has razor-sharp talons.

The original Hopi Myth

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say that I never really liked Golden Eagle. His "origin" was pretty stupid. But after I read the Hopi Legend and reworked it to be Golden Eagle's origin, I kind of like the character now.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Quis, I love each new entry from you more than the last.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Thanks. I've been trying to make the powers and origins different from the original.

Even though the title says Silver Age, should we continue on? IB did do Kole and she wasn't silver age

Although I just thought of Red Star aka Starfire. He was a Silver Age character.

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

I've always liked Red Star. He could be really cool if re-imagined the right way.

I do kind of want to keep it on the side of the 60s and 70s. I made an exception for Kole because she's obscure and she was only around for a short time.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I knew Kole wasn't Silver Age, but since I referred to her in my Lilith entry I went ahead and did an origin for her. [Smile]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Now that we have done the Silver Agers, perhaps Fanfic Lady can just edit the thread title to 'Re-imagine a Teen Titan!' and we can continue with the next generation?
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Nice reworking of that origin, Quis! I like your version a lot better than I like the comics version (which is not very much).

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Now that we have done the Silver Agers, perhaps Fanfic Lady can just edit the thread title to 'Re-imagine a Teen Titan!' and we can continue with the next generation?

Done. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

OK. I think I have something for Red Star.

In 1945 Josef Stalin returned to the USSR from the Yalta conference. Much had been discussed. Some had been decided. But most important for Stalin was his belief that the US and the USSR would soon cease to be allies and become rivals, if not enemies. He was also worried about the reports he had been getting regarding the appearance of "mystery men" in the United States. Some seemed to be just ordinary men using theatrics to overcome their foes. Others though appeared to have powers and abilities beyond normal men. If the USSR was to compete and dominate the western democracies, thus proving the superiority of the communist system, they would need to develop their own "mystery men".

As so Project: новый мужчина (New Man) was started. Biologists and chemists were charged with creating a serum that would increase the strength and speed of a man in top physical condition. Engineers started working on various weapons and devices such a new Soviet soldier would find useful. From 1946 until 1980, the scientists labored with some small sucesses, but mostly failure. Thousands of men and hundreds of women were injected with various concoctions, serums, and potions.

All this was in the past when Leonid Konstantinovitch Kovar was born. From his birth Leonid was bigger and stronger than all the other babies. As he grew, his strength increased. His speed and reflexes likewise increased and were greater than anyone else. In all other respects, Leonid had a normal average life.

Moscow had changed from the break-up of the USSR. Various criminal elements fought for control of the city. It was not unheard of for gun battles to take place on the streets and for innocents to be harmed or killed. At one such street battle, a young girl named Maladi Malannva became a fatality. Leonid and Maladi were engaged to be married in just a month. His grief almost destroyed Leonid. As his grief subsided, his anger grew. Knowing of the costumed heroes in the United States, Leonid created his own costume and took the name Red Star as that was Maladi's pet name for him. Red Star now became the scourge of the Russian crime organizations.

In the course of his crusade, Leonid was assisted by another young girl named Polina Panthovich. Polina, in searching the old Soviet records, thinks she knows where Leonid got his powers from. In 1947, Leonid's maternal great grandfather was one of the test subjects for Project: New Man. The papers indicated that there had been no noticable results and so the serum was discontinued. Then in 1961, Leonid's paternal grandmother was also a test subject for Project: New Man. She was among the first subjects for a new, more promising serum. This serum did increase the strength of some of the subjects (not Lenid's garandmother though), but not beyond what rigorous training could also accomplish. Polina thinks that the two serums altered the DNA structure of both Leonid's grandmother and great grandfather, but not to any effect on them. However, when the 2 altered DNA strands combined in Leonid, it gave him his strength, speed, and reflexes.

Leonid's campaign against the Russian mob eventually brought him to Gotham City. There he met the famous Batman and his sidekick Nightwing. Nightwing and Red Star struck up a friendship and Nightwing introduced him to the Titans. Although Red Star has returned to Moscow, he does aid the Titans when he can.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Now we need an artist to do some drawings of our re-imagined Titans.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, with Golden Eagle, Quislet, Esq busts out the mythology! (Creepy story, but how rare is it that Hopi myth gets mixed up with a super-hero origin?)

And some more mythology;

Niamh Moraghain was born in a lighthouse on the coast north of Boston during a driving thunderstorm. Her parents were driven off the road by the weather, unable to make it to the nearest hospital, and little Niamh was delivered by the lighthouse keeper, who became her godfather, Kent Nelson.

Unknown to her parents, the storm was no natural occurence, and Niamh herself was touched by otherworldly forces, something her godfather recognized too well. As she grew, he took the dark and stormy child under his wing, and taught her of her secret heritage, as a blessed child, touched by the power of the Morrigan, the celtic goddess of war and the storm, whose symbol was the raven.

Most importantly, he taught her to control the rages that came with her heritage, resulting in the young woman seeming unnaturally calm, as she has fought all her young life to master the great temper that burns within her. Only when she or those she treasures are threatened does she allow what she thinks of as 'her darkness' to consume her, and as shadows obscure her face, the winds whip her clothing and clouds gather in the sky, the shadowy ravens that are her wrath manifested pour forth from her body, to rake at those who have spurred her wrath with talons of solid darkness.

As Raven, she can choose to scout an area with her shadowy ravens, or even bid them to lift her in their wings and carry her a short distance (particularly at night, when they are strongest), and instead of sending them in a swarm to rake at foes, she can send one directly into a foe, to 'darken his eyes' and cause them to enter a forgetful state, submit to her suggestions, or even fall into a mindless frenzy of violence, channeling all of the frustrated aggression that she so strictly controls within herself.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I love this thread!

Can I call Starfire, or does someone else already have something in mind?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.