Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » Robin Rooters (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Robin Rooters
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
What's a teen wonder to do when his team goes splitsville? Slide right in to another Fab Four, of course. Robin, Elongated Man, Batgirl, and Red Tornado. The dream team of 1978. At least for the hottest day of the year. Good thing Robin was wearing his short pants. That high tech environmental terrorist descendent of Betsy Ross didn't stand a chance.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leap Year Lord           Edit/Delete Post     
Say, look! Is that Evillo and Evolvo in a Volvo?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Did they put Valvoline in the Volvo?

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
That high tech environmental terrorist descendent of Betsy Ross

I always knew there was something suspicious about Bob Ross!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:

No, bubble wrap. This is the Titans board.
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leap Year Lord:
quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:

No, bubble wrap. This is the Titans board.
Bubble wrap, the all-purpose matter of the future.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Okay Robin Rooters --- Let's hear it! Come on, let's REALLY let our hero know how much we love him!

RAH RAH ROBIN!

RAH RAH ROBIN!

RAH RAH!

Leading the cheer is, of course, Robin Rooters president, Margie Spratt. (Who, in her second appearance looks absolutely nothing like she did in her fist appearance. She originally had black hair and was a little frumpy. In her second appearance she's blond, with a wave in her hair, kind of cutish, and wearing a fashionable jump suit with striped blouse.)

Speaking of clothes.

Welcome to latest meeting of Robin's official fan club being held in the Hudson University gymnasium (of course)! The topic of today's meeting: A new look for Robin. Dozens of entries were received. Margie presents the three semi finalists to Robin, who has agreed to wear them in action and choose the winner!

In reality, the designs were submitted by real live readers:

1. Joe Montgomery of Abilene, Kansas

2. Paul Decker of Los Angeles

3. George T. Johnson of San Francisco

The designs were really keen. All had long pants, long sleeves, long capes, and (dare I say it) leg boots! The color schemes were different. Mr. Decker's design had jet packs which resulted in a really cool arial battle between Robin and the Raven (not that Raven).

Mr. Johnson's design was blue and green. Robin opined, "Like Batman's, it's dark colored... much better for night moves than my regular suit." The down side, somebody packed it with explosives. Poor Robin had to dive into a lake and strip it off so he wouldn't go kaboom. The skinny dipping experience was enough to convince him that, "From now on the 'old look' Robin is the 'only look' Robin!"

RAH RAH ROBIN!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Can Margie arrange for some scans?
Jerry
active

[THUMB]  - [/THUMB]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Jerry
active

No scanner here at home - but here's a blurry cell phone pic of her second appearance from Detective Comics #481. Art by Newton and Adkins.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
what a great jumpsuit .. and she takes it from summer to fall with a smart long sleeve shirt!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Power Boy, you should be an announcer on an E! fashion show!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Jerry
active

Credit Where Credit's Due Department:

Margie Spratt is, of course, a creation of our beloved Bob Rozakis.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Jerry
active

Guess who's not a Robin Rooter? His former main squeeze, Lori Elton. Their final break up wasn't pretty.

But first:

The Boy Is My Face Ever Red Department!

Earlier, I posted that Duela telling Dick that she was leaving Hudson a few issues earlier was her last appearance for years. I forgot all about her career as Card Queen. Holy triple cross, Batman!

It turns out that the Raven (not that Raven) was actually working for the the organized crime gang MAZE. They recruited Duela to become a new super heroine in New Carthage. She used tricks from a deck of cards - you know, like tricked out diamonds, hearts, clubs, and spades to stop the bad guys. Thing is, one of the bad guys always got away with the loot. She was supposed to let the bad guy get away and the loot was to be redirected to MAZE. A clever scheme. But, Duela was really dropping clues for Robin all the while. Clues that helped him deduce the location of the Maze headquarters.

So check me out, fact checkers. I'm now of the belief that Detective Comics #483 was Duela's last appearance before slipping into limbo. The issue also marked the end of our beloved Bob Rozakis's run on the Robin feature.

So back to Dick and Lori. Robin borrowed a Whirley Bat from Batman for another mid air battle with the Raven. It turned out that the Raven was actually the dude that Lori had dumped Dick for. Robin decided to expose him in his Dick Grayson identity, on campus, right in front of Lori.

Dave Corbie: Listen, Grayson how many times have I got to tell you to leave Lori and me alone.

Lori: Please, Dave, don't make a scene. It only encourages him.

Dick: Don't worry, Lori -- I don't need encouragement. I just want to tell you a couple of things about your boyfriend here. Then I'll leave you alone - ALL ALONE!

Dick drops the bad news - including the tell tale fact that a Corbie is a Raven. The boys fight. Dick knocks Dave out. The cops show up to haul him off. Lori cries and holds out her hands to Dick. He gives her a stoney stare down, doesn't say a word, turns and walks away.

and, thus, an era ends.

[ November 12, 2012, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

Leap Year Lord
Right now.

Dick, Dick, Dick. You could have just let the cops handle it, but NO.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.