Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Princess Crujectra Center (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Princess Crujectra Center
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, one and all, to the newly refurbished Legion World Embassy. I am Crujectra, Goodwill Ambassador of Legion World, Princess of the planet Psyonia, and member of the Legion of Message Board Posters.

All are welcome within the Embassy, whether they are seeking shelter, guidance, or just a really nice diplomatic ball. What can I say? Balls are popular with the inhabitants of Legion World. [Smile]

So please, make yourselves comfortable.

-

[ October 08, 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: Lady Crujectra ]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for the welcome, Madame President Ambassador Princess! Here's to wishing you a successful reign!!

[ September 13, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3003 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Think I'll print out a picture of our Fearless Leader to put up on the wall.
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Great embassy we got ourselves, don't you think?

By the way, when is the next ball?

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Where To Turn When You Need A Hand

Is something on the board bothering you? Perhaps you think the content is becoming a little too lewd. Or you find a particular poster to be rude. Well, fighting fire with fire isn't always the best course of action. However there is a place to turn.

Send a PM to one of the moderators. It doesn't really matter which one you choose... pick one you like or trust. Now, this doesn't mean that the moderator is going to tell someone to stop doing what they are doing. What they CAN do, however, is either discuss the problem with the site owners or, if appropriate, they can start a thread to open a discussion on the topic.

For instance, if you think someone is being a little too explicit in their sexual innuendos. A moderator can begin a dialogue with the posters, suggesting that perhaps some people are getting a little too explicit, and that perhaps we should all be mindfull of the other people that post here who might be offended by such talk. Other posters could then offer opinions on the topic, and perhaps the whole situation could be resolved without any hurt feelings or accusations.

The moderators would, of course, be discrete in such situations. There would be no reason in this instance for naming names, so the person looking for help would be able to remain anonymous in the matter.

The moderators are here to help. We can do more than delete a double post or move a thread to a different forum. We can also act as a go-between to help resolve matters before they get out of hand.

Legion World is there for everyone to enjoy. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask that a little compromising be done from time to time to enable everyone to be comfortable posting here.

Please be advised that these are my thoughts on the matter, and may not be shared by the site owners and/or other moderators [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Well said -- we have obviously chosen wisely in electing our leader. This is getting to be the Weber's World thread on this forum -- thanks for the calm voice of moderation and understanding.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
More proof that we have chosen our leadership well!!

Lovely, Intelligent, Thoughtful, Charming, and Charismatic, as usual.

BTW, Have you ever considered runninig for Public Office? [Wink]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

You guys are gonna make me blush.

I just try to see both sides of a situation whenever possible. And I know that it can be hard to approach someone when you have a problem with what they are doing. Having someone moderate for you can be very helpful sometimes. And if the moderators can help ease a conflict before it gets out of hand, well doesn't that just benefit everyone in the long run?

--------------------

Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
you are the bestest Cru.
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rex Viridian
Heir to the Eye

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Rex Viridian           Edit/Delete Post     
It's in the blood we royals carry, you know. Umhmm!

--------------------
Rank hath it's privileges

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Non-Magnetic Kid
No longer mangled nor magnetic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Non-Magnetic Kid   Email Non-Magnetic Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey just a thought for what it's worth. Shouldn't there be a "newbies" thread (maybe better called new posters help help thread) that could be flagged so it stayed up on top that cariied things like Crujecta's post above and other things like what each board is for etc. I had a bit of a hard time figuring things like that out and other than just asking, there's not really someplace with info like that.

[Cosmic Boy]

--------------------
Pol ~ The kid with the magnetic personality !

From: We're coming Vee!!!! | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a good idea, MK! I'd thought about suggesting that we add this to the "Rules" thread, but it might be better to pack it in with other bits of helpful advice rather than as a hard-and-fast rule.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Perhaps we could headline something in the Science Police HQ forum?

I think it should be a thread that only a few people should be able to actively post to, if such a thing is possible. Otherwise the "important" points would get spread out kinda far by people posting comments on it. If people want to discuss the contents, they can always start a separate thread.

--------------------

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ambassador Crujectra:
Perhaps we could headline something in the Science Police HQ forum?

I think it should be a thread that only a few people should be able to actively post to, if such a thing is possible. Otherwise the "important" points would get spread out kinda far by people posting comments on it. If people want to discuss the contents, they can always start a separate thread.

As a 'newbe' I would appreciate something along those lines. Another thing that would be helpful to 'newbe's' is a list of people to whom it would be appropriate to pose questions or ask for advice.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by New Kid:
Another thing that would be helpful to 'newbe's' is a list of people to whom it would be appropriate to pose questions or ask for advice.

Well, in general you can ask any moderator for answers or advice. If its something that the moderator can't answer (or doesn't have the authority to take care of), they can either point you in the right direction or act as your mediary.

Whoever are the current Ambassadors is also a good choice. At the moment, for instance, you could ask either myself or Eryk Davis Ester for assistance.

Beyond that, though, you can ask any poster who you feel comfortable with. Everyone here is pretty nice, and will probably be willing to offer assistance is you ask.

Of course, now that I've typed all this it occurs to me that you weren't necessarily asking for a list right now, but suggesting one for later. Oh well [Smile]

[ September 14, 2003, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Ambassador Crujectra ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.