Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there have been as many incarnations of this thread as Legion message boards, but thanks to Gary and Scott, we've all found a terrific home here at Legion World.

I thought it would be a nice idea to start this thread up again, so that we can get to know all our LW friends and family, both old and new.

Here's some of the standard info that people have included in the past -- but please feel free to tell your fellow Legion Worlders as much or as little as you'd like.

Name
What you do

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.)

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.)

Anything else that you want to share!

[ September 24, 2008, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Stu Rat ]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Jim
Where I live: Long Island, New York

Legion info: I first starting reading the Legion in second grade (circa 1978), a collected edition a classmate had. I remember it mostly for the cover, featuring Superboy and Legion flying away from HQ. Years later, I found and bought the book at a small comic shop. I started reading the Legion regularly with LSH #300. My favorite era is Levitz & Giffen (the Great Darkness Saga), followed closely by Shooter & Swan (the Fatal Five arc introducing Shadow Lass; Mordru's first appearance).

I am not currently reading any comic books. When I'm not working, ideally, I'm playing with my niece and nephew, going to the movies, sleeping, eating out, swimming in my pool, traveling ... did I mention sleeping?

I'm very proud of having been involved with the LMB since it's early days, and I always feel like I'm home when I'm able to wander back ...

[ August 04, 2010, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Hi Jim -- it's nice to get to know you!

I've always been fond of the distinctive SharkLad logo since the old school DCMB days...

~~~~~~~|\~~~~~~~~~~

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great idea Stu!

Name: Des (short for Desmond)
Where do I live?: Ct. again after four years at UCONN
What do I do?: Well, I'm a full time student in Grad School at Trinity College trying to get my Masters in History, and from there, I'll try to get my Ph. D. (don't know where yet). I'm looking for a part time job, and I'll let you guys know when I get one!

I started reading comic books when I was nine, and my dad has been collecting them since 1960. I'm luckier than most other collectors, because my dad still has almost every Marvel comic since the silver age started, and most of the DC's! So when I started getting interested in the Legion, I was able to go back to the early Adventure issues, and read the Legion stories right up through to the present time (with only a few stories missing). My favorite period is the Levitz era (especially with Giffen), but I've come to love all of Legion history (with a few exceptions). Between my dad and me, we collect pretty much every DC, Marvel and Crossgen comic right now.

I started posting on the DC boards when I was a freshman in college, and helped found the LMB! I've been along for the ride ever since, with a few notable absences, but always come back, which has just happened again! I plan to stay in school forever, never have a real job, and spend most my time reading comics and books, watching football, and hanging out with my girlfriend Sue (of three years now, who I've mentioned on occasion). I still make my way up to UCONN to party (which I did last night a bit too hard) so the drunken debauchery hasn't ended yet!

Well, everyone else, just who are you?

[ August 03, 2004, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Well, everyone else, just who are you?

Does the phrase "Secret Identity" mean nothing to you people?

[Harry MacAfee]"Kids ... I don't know what's wrong with these kids today ..."[/Harry MacAfee]

*Sigh* ... no respect for tradition ...

--------------------
"Gee, Brainy, what do you want to do tonight?"
"The same thing we do every night, Bouncing Boy: try to take over the United Planets!!"
They're B.B. and The Brain ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Name Matt
Age 34
Where you live Cincinnati
What you do Call Center Manager

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.)
I started rading Legion when I was around 7 or 8. My first Legion Issue was one of the Earthwar issues. My favorite era is Levitz/Giffen/Lightle

I love scary Movies (Halloween is my fave) and also Dark COmedies (Heathers, Jawbreakers) and Mockumentaries (A Mighty WInd, Best in Show) and some comic book inspired movies (Donnie Darko, Unbreakable).

My musical taste is stuck back in the 80's IM afraid. I love bands like Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Electronic, Depeche Mode etc...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:

I love scary Movies (Halloween is my fave) and also Dark COmedies (Heathers, Jawbreakers) and Mockumentaries (A Mighty WInd, Best in Show) and some comic book inspired movies (Donnie Darko, Unbreakable).

My musical taste is stuck back in the 80's IM afraid. I love bands like Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, New Order, Electronic, Depeche Mode etc...

Danny, I love scary movies too, and Halloween is also my favorite. Also, I'm a sucker for scary movie sequals, even if they're not that good. I love Halloween 4, 5, and 6, I think their the scariest ones. I'm thinking of watching all 5 Phantasms, because I heard they're really cheesy, which of course makes them a bit more appealing.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Cheesy can be good

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Blaine:

Danny, I love scary movies too, and Halloween is also my favorite. Also, I'm a sucker for scary movie sequals, even if they're not that good. I love Halloween 4, 5, and 6, I think their the scariest ones. I'm thinking of watching all 5 Phantasms, because I heard they're really cheesy, which of course makes them a bit more appealing.
I haven't seen any of the Phantasms all the way through...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Name Thomas or Thom
Age 31
Where you live: Tennessee near Chattanooga
What you do: I process orders for La-Z-Boy

I started reading when I was 6 or 7. I love the Who is Reflecto storyline!!!! I love the Baxter series!!! Fave characters Laurel Kent, Projectra,Karate Kid, Triad and Ultra Boy.

I love roller coasters and scary movies just saw Cabin Fever. I like most music but I'm a huge Country music fan!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Wow, I didn't know you liked roller coasters and country music, Icey! (How nice to live only a few hours from Nashville, eh...! [Big Grin] )

I started getting into country music last year and I'm a currently a casual fan -- I listen to it on the radio, but I haven't gone to any concerts yet or anything.

(I also like La-Z-Boy recliners... [Smile] )

icefire
Just like old Times!

I saw Garth Brooks live!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yeah Danny, I figure I'd give the Phantasm's a try. Horror sequals are hit or miss for me. I love the Halloweens, hate the Jason movies but kind of enjoy the Freddie ones depending on my mood. Real good horror movies are the ones I really love, but sometimes I just get in that mood.
icefire
Just like old Times!

I love Coasters big-time!!!! I also love La-Z-Boy they pay the bills!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I love the Halloweens, hate the Jason movies but kind of enjoy the Freddie ones depending on my mood.

The third Nightmare (Dream Warriors?) was pretty cool ... the kid in the wheelchair who dreamed he had super-powers appealed to the inner geek in me ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.