Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Dave

Where I live: Southeastern Michigan, ooutside of Detroit.

What I do: Right now I'm a documentarian and trainer for a community college's internal data system. I work with the different people in the college in regards to procedures, and document them. Then train the rest of the staff and faculty on them.

Legion info: Ah...memories. I read S&the LSH #208, plus a handful of other Legion issues at my Grandma's house for years. I loved them. Years later, I discovered the first issue of the League of Super Assassins two-parter in one of those Whitman 3-packs. I think it had the last issue of the Earthwar saga in there as well. I didn't get back into them until right before the Baxter book appeared. I have since gotten just about every major appearance in some form or another. The Legion is the only comic that I guarantee I will always buy.

What I do outside comics:

Writing: I am working on some DC & Marvel crossover Universe books at a fan fic website. Been really good for me in getting ready to finally start my dream Legion project.

Reading: Not to much lately. I love King (horror) and Turtledove (Alt History). I am waiting to red the last few books of the Left Behind series until next year. I am going to start rereading them (all 12 once the last one is published) in January.

Television: Not too much in reality. I love Law and Order (the original series, although I am getting into Criminal Intent more. Just can't get into SVU for some reason.) I love Unwrapped on Food Network. I watch some History Channel, or A&E crime stuff.

Music: Really Eclectic taste. Some faves are Sting, The Dave MAtthews Band, John Mayer and Billy Joel.

Movies: I love movies. All kinds. Don't get out to the movies very oftem though...and renting is not that pressing right now.

Play: I spend a bit of time playing with my daughter. Everything from Care Bears to Fisher Prices' Loving Family.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
Name: Bevis (no, really, that is my name.)

Where I live: Well according to most people I know 'in a world of my own' but also Manchester, UK.

What I do: Well my job title is 'Information Assistant' but I pretty much always call myself 'Librarian' (hence the old Lucien id) but when you get down to it I'm one of those administration people that kind of do a bit of everything. Look after the library, do the travel arrangements, stationery orders. All that sort of gubbins. Plus I do comics as well which is sort of at the stage where I'm just about moving from amatuer to semi-professional. Not earning any money from it yet but it's just a matter of time dammit. [Big Grin]

Legion info: It's all the LMBPs fault. No, really. Up until a few years back I'd never read anything with the Legion in apart from the Zero Hour trade and considering I'd only got back into comics fairly recently then they were just another bunch of characters that I didn't recognise. Anyway so there I was quite happily minding my own business on the onder Woman boards when the LMBP crashed in on one of the road-trips. And they caught me, dammit. Got me all interested in the LMBP and as such in the Legion. I think Legion Lost had just started when I was told about LSH and #2 was the first one I picked up. I got a few back issues as well and the trade of the first few issues of the post Zero Hour relaunch and I've been hooked since. Favourite era... well, the current one but that's coz I've not really read any others. [Big Grin] Fave characters are Umbra, Timberwolf and Invisible Kid. I could easily do without the Shamelss Hussy or the Dumb Jock though.

What I do outside comics: Ummm... not much. Heh heh. Major Buffy and Angel fan, and I've recently gotten into CSI but apart from that i don't really watch much TV at all. Oh, Sex & The City and Will & Grace too I guess. Plus Neighbours, but that's the hubbys fault.

Pretty much all of my spare time I spend drawing or painting or writing though. I have an over-active imagination but luckily also have artistic ability so I can find a release for all the pictures and stories banging round in my head. If'n I couldn't it'd drive me mad. Also read a hell of a lot and love going to the cinema. And of course there's Chris, my hubby, who I spend a lot of time with, whether that be bickering on the phone, vegging out in front of the telly on a Friday night or getting absolutely trolleyed and dancing like a... well, like a great big poof. [Razz]

Musically I'm so obviously gay. Kylie, Abba, Shirley Bassey (saw her in concert a few weeks back. If you ever get the chance go see her, she's faaaaabulous), Indigo Girls, Annie Lennox, k d lang. Plus stuff that I've inherited (in a way) from my mum; Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Eliza McCarthy, opera in general but especially Puccinni and Verdi. And i love musicals. Not all musicals though. I hate, *hate* Andrew Lloyd Webber (with the possible exception of Evita) and really have a fondness for the darker or less mainstream musicals. Chicago (the stage version is much better than the film), Rocky Horror, Blood Brothers (probably my favourite of all), Into The Woods, Sweeney Todd, Best Little Whorehouse In Texas, stuff like that.

Yeesh, basically I'm a very stereotypical queen. heh heh.

great profile Bevis !!! you always write great replies !!!

i can't believe we still haven't met, yet !!! we've got to do something about that .....

Matthew.

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Name Mike (yeah another Mike or Michael) but can call me "MD"
Age 33 (another 30's - [Big Grin] )
Where you live Sunny North California [Cool]
What you do my job, you mean? If so, then I work as a rehabilitation counselor for the deaf.

Legion info: favorite characters - Superboy, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5. I started reading the Legion, so much due to my best friend's influence on me, he brought them to school and shared them with me and we read them together and talked, play-roled, and commented on them. The first Legion I saw when he brought it to me - S/LSH #203 - death of Invisible Kid.

My first Legion issue that I BOUGHT after begging my Dad to take me to 7-11 (ah, old days where 7-11 was more accessible for comics!) and I saw the S/LSH #231 (or 230?) the first giant book featuring the Fatal Five. "The Day Universe Dies" or something like that. Whoa. That book is now being worn out since I have been reading that book all over again and again...my favorite first book! so Proud of it. Hey, it s still in a good condition. [Wink]

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): Movies - B-movies (so campy!!), any Sci-Fi, Horror, Action movies, some comedy (depends on who...), Mystery....

NO music for me - unfortunately since I cannot hear the music. [Frown]

Books - Harry Potter [Smile] (at least I am NOT alone! I read that for a guilty pleasure but at the same time, was pretty impressed with the author!), Science/Mystery/Horror. No Romance please! Too mushy and sad and blah. Not for me.

Anything else that you want to share? : Oh yes, I play in sports - Baseball, Softball, Football, Racquetball, Tennis, etc....I also play Heroclix..gotta love that!!! Anyway if someone wants a Live Wire, Saturn Girl, or Cosmic Boy (and future Legionnaires - at least three) clixes, let me know ASAP - I have extra of them at home. [Smile]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll take them.

I have cash or some trade for ya.

I know I have a Mike Grell autographed issue around. Plus some others.

Let me know what ya need.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev - PMed you! [Smile]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Woo!!!
Dev - Em
KIA

Thanks
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
My name is Diego, I have 42 years old, I live in Spain but I live in Argentina and for a little time en Roselle Park, New Jersey.
I'm a profesional Dj I like house, dance.
Mi favorites singers are Kylie and Dannii Minogue, Madonna, Grace Jones, Diana Ross, Bananarama and the list gon on...and on.
I'm a gay male too.
My favorites legigionaires ara Saturn Girl, Projectra, Tasmia, Tinya and of course the most glamorous villainess The Emerald Empress.

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
My name is Diego, I have 42 years old, I live in Spain but I live in Argentina and for a little time en Roselle Park, New Jersey.

que pasa Diego? Mis padres son de Espana, y pase la mayoria de mis veranos en un pueblo en el pais vasco ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Harbinger, I'm only recently discovering the joys of wine, being 22

Sure.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
[Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud] [Laugh Out Loud]

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I've gone by StuRat (my original DCMB ID), Iron Rat (LMBP codename), Stu, Stuey, STU, etc.

I grew up in the era of music videos, leg warmers, Rubik's Cube, and other assorted zaniness.

I'm a bit nomadic: I've lived all over, but mostly in large urban areas. Haven't really done the rural or small town thing yet, but there's still time... my only real prerequisite is that I live less than a couple of hours away from an ocean or other large body of water. Bit anxious about being too landlocked.

Legion: I first started reading with Legionnaires #1 in the early '90s. Favorite artists are Stuart Immonen, Chris Sprouse, Adam Hughes, and Alan Davis. I've also liked Lee Moder, Jeff Moy, Olivier Coipel, Curt Swan, and Colleen Doran's art as well. Favorite storylines include the first Legionnaires story arc (Fatal Five reunion) and End of an Era.

Interests include: roller coasters, RPGs, video & computer games, animation, toys & action figures, traveling, eating, and sleeping.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Stu's also met more LMBers than anyone else I think! It's either him or Ultra Matt!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the boy with UltraPowers
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the boy with UltraPowers   Author's Homepage   Email the boy with UltraPowers         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Stu's also met more LMBers than anyone else I think! It's either him or Ultra Matt!

hey Cobie !!

Stu has met more "LMBers" than i have !!

i've only met Stu and Rhino !! although Bevis and i do both live in Manchester !!

but we haven't met yet [Confused] ....

oh yeah !! i have met Olivier Coipel [Big Grin] !!! and Kev Walker !!!

Matthew.

[ October 03, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: the boy with UltraPowers ]

From: Manchester United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Name: Eric

Where you live: Fabulous Ferndale (also southeastern Michigan outside Detroit)

What you do: Mild-mannered copy editor for a major metropolitan newspaper, anime and kidvid columnist, freelance writer

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): I started reading when I was around 7 when my uncle would take me to the comic shop (he and my aunt used to do laundry at our house when they lived in an apartment nearby). As I got a bit older, he let me read all his Legion back issues -- which gave me something to do at family gatherings at their place since I was an only grandchild for many years.
I haven't stopped buying since and took my own back issue collection to when the book officially became SLSH.
I've met Tom and Mary Bierbaum several times. (They're two of the founders of the Legion APA APA-LSH, of which I'm a member.) Love or hate their stuff (I'm somewhere in the middle -- and the stuff I like least had Keith Giffen attached, too), they got the shaft.

Movies: Animation, "Little Shop of Horrors," "Dark Crystal," light romantic comedies, sci/fi

Books: Go, Harry Potter! I haven't had much time for noncomic reading since I started my video columns and discovered this darn message board. [Smile]

Music: Showtunes -- big time. Billy Joel, Bangles, Bette, Babs, Erasure, classical (Tchaikovsky, Mussorgsky)

Anything else that you want to share! I do community theater whenever I can and collect children's books. I also have the best Christmas and Halloween displays on the street.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.