Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Café Cramer - Always Open (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  123  124  125   
Author Topic: Café Cramer - Always Open
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Here on Winath, we just had a velvety coffeecake with a cream cheese layer inside, and lots of butter and powered sugar crumble on top, and two cups of cafe mocha coffee.

Later we're having spreads on crackers to cnack on before the big turkey dinner. Spreads are cheddar bacon, another is roquefort, and dad's favorite one is liverwurst pate'.

I'm cooking a 22 lb. hen turkey today, just for the four of us. I wanted to have plenty of leftovers to freeze for quick meals later.

Oh Cramer, just have to tell you I invented a new pie for this Thanksgiving. I'm calling it Winter Fruits Harvest pie. It has a mixture of mincemeat (Borden's from a jar) and apple pie filling, dried crasins, a can of pie cherries (with the juice, not jellied) and two cups of whole, fresh frozen blackberries. Mixed the lot and added one cup of sugar and a tablespoon of tapioca for texture. Can't wait to see if it is a hit or a miss! Also made traditional mincemeat, apple, and pumpkin pies.

I tend to get carried away at this time of year. I love cooking!! Always have.

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
You're hired Caroline! Name your terms!

That pie sounds great - let us know how it turned out. I was never a big mincemeat fan, but mixed with other fruit fillings, it could be an unusually pleasant taste. Enjoy the feast!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, those sound great, Caroline. How many pies did you get out of them?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Saturn Girl:
Here on Winath, we just had a velvety coffeecake with a cream cheese layer inside, and lots of butter and powered sugar crumble on top, and two cups of cafe mocha coffee.

Ummm! Umm! Umm! Gosh that sounds great! Hope there's some left tomorrow morning so I can have a piece with my coffee!

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
<peers anxiously around. wonders if the proprietress will throw a day old bun at his head>
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
You're hired Caroline! Name your terms!

That pie sounds great - let us know how it turned out. I was never a big mincemeat fan, but mixed with other fruit fillings, it could be an unusually pleasant taste. Enjoy the feast!

Wow!! Does this mean I have an apprenticeship as a chef at Cafe Cramer? This is a real thrill! I will be happy to stop by as often as I can and help out in the kitchen. I'd do it just for the sheer love of the Legion, well and of cooking.

The pie turned out fantastic. Since I wasn't sure it would be good, I only baked one of the Winter Fruits Harvest Pie. Froze the second container and will bake it later.

Semi's sour cream apple pie sounded delicious also. Might just have to try one of those at Christmas.

Scott mixed an excellent cran-raspberry juice and ginger ale punch with orange rings in the glasses. It was perfect with the turkey.

Better get back to the dishes and then head off to bed. See you all in the morning.... [love]

From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Caroline, you sure don't need to apprentice. Just drop by and bake up a storm whenever you have the inclination. Everyone will appreciate it.

Semi, no one tosses day-old rolls around here. You are always an honored guest at the Café , thereby deserving nothing but fresh-from-the-oven to be hurled your way. [Wink]

And for Varalent and anyone else, it looks like Caroline left us one of her delicious coffee cakes. Help yourselves!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
And for Varalent and anyone else, it looks like Caroline left us one of her delicious coffee cakes. Help yourselves!

[discreetly wipes a few crumbs from his whiskers]

Um, what delicious coffee cake? There's just, uh, an empty plate here... maybe Caroline will bring anot-- er, will bring the cake over later?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Semi, no one tosses day-old rolls around here.

Let's dust the day-olds with confectioner's sugar and save 'em for a snowbun fight (for those LWers who live in snow-free environs).

And don't worry about wasting food. I'm sure some puppy will be along to finish the snowbuns once they've been thrown about.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Hhhrrrrmmmppppfff! I can't beileve that puppy ate all the pies & coffee cakes! I'll just have to settle for some hot coffee!

--------------------

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Boy sure is cold down here & windy too! I definitely need another cup of hot coffee!

--------------------

icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Boy sure is cold down here & windy too! I definitely need another cup of hot coffee!

Hey Vee wanna make it 2!!!!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara
Vote Stu for Legion World Leader!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara           Edit/Delete Post     
Can I join you guys for coffee?
From: Here and There and Everywhere | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Sure guys, I'm not used to the cold anymore. More coffee, steaming hot please!

--------------------

Tiffany Spiffany
Heiress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiffany Spiffany           Edit/Delete Post     
Why, this is a nice little shop Miss Cramer has opened!

I have to wonder about her practice of paying political campaign workers in used coffee cans when they apparently can't afford shoes, however. Daddy always says that you have to be willing to spend what it takes to get what you want...

--------------------
"I don't think that all of them are stupid!"

From: Mayavale University | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 125 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  123  124  125   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.