Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Wizard World-Boston Sept 2005 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Wizard World-Boston Sept 2005
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Finally, a comic convention within spitting distance of me! Who's up for putting together a Legion gathering in Boston in September?
From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
We've kinda been talking about it on the San Diego thread, but I'm glad you gave it its own topic. [Smile]

I'm definitely planning on going! I'm planning on commuting, as it's only about an hour and a half form my place, but I've got plenty of floorspace for out-of-towners to crash. Save some of that hard-earned cash on lodging, and spend it on comics! [Big Grin]

I can carry three in the Povmobile, but I could have more lodgers if Cobie wants to help transport them to the train station. Then we'd take the transit into Boston... no more city driving for me. [Wink]

And Quis knows Boston, so he can fill us in on the cool places to eat!

With all teh New England LMB'ers, this has the opportunity to be THE Legion gathering! [Cool]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It certainly does! Quis knows Boston well enough to be our guide, and Pov and I could probably led a hand in getting people to the train station.

Jeepers, Pov! With my car, we can fit another three people in if we have to!

I'm hoping Lou, Cru, Kent, and all the rest of you in the area make it! And hopefully some that are a little farther can too (c'mon Lash! You *gotta* come!)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll probably end up taking the train, as well. I hate driving in the city, and the train station is right next to where I work. I wonder if my train goes to the same place as the one from CT? If so, we could arrange trains that arrive at about the same time, and then make our way across the city together [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
c'mon Lash! You *gotta* come!
Yeah Lash! Then you can get...teh KEYBOARD that started it all!
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
For that matter, I could probably borrow my Mom's minivan that weekend... That sucker seats seven.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CreativityKid
Legion of Substitute Heroes Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CreativityKid   Email CreativityKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Count me in, definitely!

And sometime soon, we should do a New England LMB on-line chat.

From: Pawtucket, RI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
I'll probably end up taking the train, as well. I hate driving in the city, and the train station is right next to where I work. I wonder if my train goes to the same place as the one from CT? If so, we could arrange trains that arrive at about the same time, and then make our way across the city together [Smile]

I wouldn't want it any other way! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
hey Director lad... are you from the Boston area?I have been waiting for a con in the area..im in!
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I had written up a whole thing about how I didn't want to drive in the city and would take the train or the T etc., but then I looked at the website for the Bayside Expo Center and it looks pretty easy to get to. I'll probably drive all the way there, so we'll have to set up specific meeting times and places.

Dates, for reference on this thread, are September 30-October 2, which is a Friday-Sunday.

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

quote:
Originally posted by imskian78:
hey Director lad... are you from the Boston area?I have been waiting for a con in the area..im in!

By non-New England standards, yes, I'm in the Boston area.

By New England standards, however, I'm from way out of town: a whole hour and forty-five minutes away in Amherst in Western MA.

I'm already getting excited for this con. I haven't been to a Boston con since the days when Creation was roaming the country, which is to say, when I was in junior high.

imskian78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imskian78   Email imskian78         Edit/Delete Post     
I live in Shrewsbury..I will be going. Email me at Ursaitalia@aol.com
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CreativityKid
Legion of Substitute Heroes Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CreativityKid   Email CreativityKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Shrewsbury, Imskian? I grew up in Rutland!

Small world!

From: Pawtucket, RI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm...this is a heck of a lot closer than San Diego! Still, I'm torn.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
This one is highly do-able for me. Good timing and close enough.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.