Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: Rockhopper's Rookery: Now With Extra Sparkle
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Hi Rockhopper Lad! Just popped in for a sec... Hope you don't mind, but I have to search for Vee and Abin. (scans the area using light powers) Hm... not here... I think I'll have some cocoa before I continue my search, thanks [Smile]

(disappears back into the tesseract system)

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll have the ski instructors and the penguins keep a look-out for them.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
And, of course, Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle will immediately be dispatched to patrol the grounds.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
*WHOOSH*

BWAHAHAHAHA, out of the way, WHHHHHEEEEEEE*

*SPLASH*

Well that was refreshingly [Polar Boy]
This crisis is growing by the second but what can we do?

I know, back to the top of the hill again...

[ September 07, 2005, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Look I wrote my name in the snow!!!!!!

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh golly, and in Copperplate Gothic, too!
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

This gives me a chance to try my newest power: Snow cleaning!
<Gestures over yellow snow, fresh white snow shoots from his hands, PolarBoy's name dissappears>

Ya never know when it might come in handy!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

<RHL gathers with friends after returning from Earth-4, calls one of the serving penguins over>

Hot chocolate and warm brandy all around, please.

While we were on Earth-4 I promised I would explain my origin when we got back.

<Snuggles with Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle>

First, yes, my father is the Emperor Penguin (that's a title; he is of the House of Rockhopper), Eudyptes XXVIII. He and my mother, Empress Maris, have two children, my sister Adelie and me.

As you all know, I come from a planet called "Houston", which, by some coincidence is pronouced exactly the same as a city on Earth. We adopted its spelling to honour our Terran friends.

On Planet Houston, sentient life evolved not from apes, but from penguins. You see, penguins evolved on Planet Houston. The penguins you know on earth were brought there aeons ago and evolved in a separate direction. Each of the penguin clans of my world evolved into a different species on Earth.

There were orignally eighteen clans of penguins, two of which, fought each other to extinction millenia ago. Their collateral decendents on Earth are the largest species, the Emperors and the Kings.

The sixteen remaining clans united into one nation, the Penguin Colonies. Clan Rockhopper was chosen by lot to be the ruling clan, and their decendents are my family, the House of Rockhopper.

At first glance, we look like Earth humans, with some important difference. We have hair-like feathers rather than hair. Many of the men of our planet, myself included, grow feathery "goatees" on our faces, which are mostly bare.

We have no teeth. We have bills inside very human looking mouths.

We are hatched from eggs, both parents taking turns watching the egg.

And, yes, like Earth penguins, many of us are attracted to the same sex.

We have webbed feet, over which we have limited shape-shifting abilities. We can change their shape to expand them to resemble skis on which we can travel across the snow.

Centuries ago, the sorcerors of the Colonies, bestowed upon the House of Rockhopper an extraordinary gift. Penguins thrive in the cold and our planet was becoming warmer. We were given the ability to generate cold, to freeze objects and create ice and snow.

The House of Rockhopper have been the champions of the Colonies for time immemorial. With peace and serenity on Planet Houston, I felt my calling was elsewhere and so I came to Legion World to join the LMB.

Any questions?

--------------------

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
What caused your dad to become an evil emporer in the first place, Rockhopper?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nova Girl
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nova Girl   Email Nova Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I think that's the evil one is the Earth-4 version LAM.

I'm off to steal some beer for Everyday Girl.

Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Oh well [shrug] , it was a nice recap of your origin, Rockhopper...Did you leave a forwarding address in case Openly-Gay Lad wants to stay in contact?
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nova Girl:
I think that's the evil one is the Earth-4 version LAM.

I'm off to steal some beer for Everyday Girl.

Oh my, she's under aged!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Fear not, Terry, i will simply revert the Coors into a relatively harmless Grape Nehi...
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
What caused your dad to become an evil emporer in the first place, Rockhopper?

Nova Girl is correct, LAM. My dad is the benevolent Emperor of the Pengin Colonies of this universe. In the Earth-4 Universe, my own double killed his father and usurped the throne. I guess he's Eudyptes XXIX.

As for Openly Gay Lad, I'm sure he and I will see each other again. [Smile]

--------------------

legionadventureman
Legionnaire

I am honoured to have you amongst my friends here at Legion World, Rockhopper
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.