Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The LMBP Senate (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The LMBP Senate
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Given that today is the birthday of Fat Cramer, the current elected Leader of the Legion of Message Board Posters, we would like to extend our deepest birthday wishes to her, as an official Senatorial decree.

The LMBP Senate exists as an entity made entirely of former elected leaders of the LMBP. Though acting in purely a advisor capacity, we state with great enthusiasm that we are pleased with the job done by the current administration.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

BTW
Functions of the LMBP Senate:

- Advisory committee to LMBP Leader should that leader decide to call on them. The LMBP Senate does not pass laws or make policy, that is the job of the LMBP Leader. Generally, Senators with aspirations of issuing policy are seen as political malcontents if deemed they are doing so without just cause.

- Powers to impeach the LMBP Leader should charges be brought against that person by the Deputy Leader or quorum of 1/3 of the LMBP membership. Vote must be unanimous.

- Political bickering, back-stabbing and facetious posturing.

- Seniority in the Senate is not commonly referred to, though on occassion it may arise in deeming the order in which speakers should be heard. The most senior Senator is the LMBPer who has had the most elected terms as leader in their career, and then the next most senior would be the next LMBPer to have had the most terms, and then so on and so forth. Upon getting to the majority of LMBPers who have had only one term, it is the order in which they became LMBP Leader which seniority is derived. For example, the current Senior Senator, known as the Princeps Senatus, is STU, who has been LMBP Leader three (3) times.

- LMB Leaders who were elected, but opted not to serve to break a tie, are still members of the LMBP Senate.

Let is be known that the Cobalt Kid/Faraway Lad faction are known as the Lagerites. (aka Cramerites).

[ August 21, 2007, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Does the Self-Aggrandizement EVER stop with you?

It's the LMBP Leader's Birthday and you have to find a way to make it about YOU!

Soon, Cobalt, Soon I'll be ready to rid Legion World of your foul stench and when that day comes...

BWAH-HA-HA-HAH

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Me? All I did was show up early and therefore be the one that had to make the announcement.

What are you doing here anyway Concord? No cares about your opinions. Go on over to Shameless Hussies, where your crowd usually hangs out.

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Senators I move to amend this pork barrel evil genius research program to the crime bill.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
What about Former Deputies? Where do we rank in the LMB Legislature?

'Cause I can be bought, you know. Just sayin'. [Poverty Lad] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Concord, the Ultra Man:
BWAH-HA-HA-HAH

Sorry, but that phrase has been outlawed in accordance with the Didio Act of 2005. SP's have been alerted to this violation and notified of your IP location. RUN, FOUL CRIMINAL!!
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
My dear Senators,

A grave emergency has arisen. I ask that you grant me temporary but open-ended emergency war powers. After that, you can go on vacation and know that I will handle the emergency.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

We'll come back and tomatoes will be outlawed... [Frown]
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
We'll come back and tomatoes will be outlawed... [Frown]

Only temporarily and it is for your own good. Do you want the enemy to win?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
If there are no tomatoes, then they've already won... [sigh]
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Defeatist!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Jeepers Pov, you need to check out the Legion of Super Deputies!

But you're part of this too! All 'elected' past LMB leaders are Senators, and even though you chose to not serve your term, you were still co-elected! So you (and Icey) are in!

But sorry Quis and Tamper, the Senate issues proclamations only in times of dire emergencies. All your issues will have to be taken up with Fat Cramer, the LMB Leader. Though the only crime bill I recall is the one outlawing foreign trade with Greenland, center of the crime community.

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I always thought Greenland Ice Cap would be a great name for a beer. We may want to attach a rider to that foreign trade bill.

Perhaps the tomato question should be kept with the Sub-Committee on Vegetable Crimes for further study. A bill outlawing zucchini appears to be more urgent at this time.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

Mmmmm.... fried zucchini with a marinara (TOMATO-BASED, QUIS!)sauce... [Drool] [Matter Eater Lad]

I'm afraid I'd have to vote against said bill on gustatory grounds, Madame Leader...

Besides, zucchini makes a GREAT club in a pinch... [Smash] [Wink]

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.