Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Election Discussion Thread: Feb 09 Edition (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Election Discussion Thread: Feb 09 Edition
The Election Tyrant
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Election Tyrant           Edit/Delete Post     
This is the official thread to discuss the February 2009 election of the LMB Leader (and Deputy Leader).

See the Official Rules, Announcements and Info Thread for details.

Use this thread to make general comments about the election or various candidates.

Also, candidates should declare they are running in this thread.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, even from the slammer, I'm running.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you Tyrant.

I'm in.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
Tyrant, will you be allowing running mates for deputy as we've been discussing? Or will the traditional method of runner-up being the deputy be continued?

I guess this is the best place to discuss this. What does everyone think? It seemed like most people were in favor of the idea to mix things up.

Anyone who remains silent on the issue, obviously does not get a say [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I can only compete if it's as Lard Lad's running mate. That was my original promise. Breaking it now would only further fuel the rampant cynicism that swirls throughout our political landscape these days. I can't have that on my conscience.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I'd like to see teams too. We've been lucky that the people selected usually get along pretty well with each other but we could very easily have an administration at odds with each other with any election.

I mean, just because I have yet to name a running mate that doesn't keep me from stating a preference here.

I may be working against myself but I really like the Lard Lad/cleome idea. Long time player plus a new member and we get the benefits of someone well versed in how we do things coupled with the energy and newly discovered affection and silliness that goes with being a newcomer.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zardi, the Eternal Man
All Powerful Lord of Castle Zardi

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zardi, the Eternal Man   Email Zardi, the Eternal Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Bah, there is only one team worth considering.

Gary Carter and Frio... Hang your hat on this. After the election Frio and I will rule the LMBP!

--------------------
Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.

From: The far side of forever | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm, I guess YK needs a running mate then (or did I miss one).

Thus far, it would look like candiates (officially) are:

- Lard Lad & Cleome
- Gary Concord & Frio
- Yellow Kid & ________

Were any others making it seem like they would run in the other thread. I believe Helena Handbasket and Everyday Girl was another potential pair.

Personally, I like the idea of 'pairs' running. We need something to mix this election up. And anyone objecting has a full week to do so (in other words, people not posting on the MMB--we don't care what you think [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Concord, an Ultra Man:
Bah, there is only one team worth considering.

Gary Carter and Frio... Hang your hat on this. After the election Frio and I will rule the LMBP!

Gary Carter??? [Big Grin]

Hm, you're more like me than I thought, Ultra jerk.

Yk
between boots

Well, there was this woman from Alask...naw...wait, I know this guy from New Mexico. I did like the beard. Hmmmm no that won't work.
I wonder what Krypto's up to.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I am of course if favor of the running-mate plan.

YK, how about Pov for a running mate?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Truth is, I was thinking about asking Poverty Lad earlier today. We both joined the LMBP at the same time, we're equal in seniority and we've interacted quite well with each other since the now infamous Legionnaires board implosion and the Phineas Bogg board takeover.
Our first white out. It was thrilling (in it's own way)
I didn't even mind the hushed up incident where he acquired the Sonic Boom power..but of course I didn't stay at the hotel so it didn't affect me like it did some of the others.

That's a nice idea Kent and it probably doesn't hurt that I know Pov's "secret" which is ok 'cause he knows the location of "the picture" so it all evens out.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The only drawbacks to using running mates is that only one ticket will be rewarded in the outcome, and of course, we'll never know who came in second place as full results are kept confidential. I'm okay with these things, but the consequences should be noted.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helena Handbasket
Lost an arm for Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Helena Handbasket   Email Helena Handbasket         Edit/Delete Post     
My Fellow Legion Worlders,

Sorry for taking so long. Other matters have arisen, but I am free now.

I hereby declare my candidacy for Leader. My running mate is Everyday Girl.

I have proven leadership ability. Ask anyone that has served under me in the Dark Circle.

From: A spare room over Quislet's Table | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
What is this?

<sees campaign posters>

The imposter is running for LMB Leader?!?!

I must stop him!!!!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.